If only Avada Kedavra were legal

Start from the beginning

I walked to the doors of the Great Hall with Ariana leaving Fred and George to walk with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Advanced Potions then?" Ariana asked as we stood in the doorway. "Let's go" I sighed sadly scuffling towards the dungeons.

Ariana and I arrived early to potions we were the first in line. "This year is going to be dreadful" I sighed leaning against the door to the potions room. "It isn't that bad" said Ariana "All these advanced classes and that Umbridge woman plus our N.E.W.T.s yeah it is going to go swell" I replied to her rolling my eyes as the thundering sound of foot steps echoed throughout the dungeons. Soon as the line formed the door opened and Snape allowed us entry to their room. "So what exactly are we going to be learning this year?" Someone near the back asked "Advanced Potions" Ariana snarled with a are you stupid tone.

I took a seat next to Ariana, and Fred and George sat behind us. "What's the point of advanced potions" George groaned "Why'd you even take it?" Ariana snarled "Cause Cyn here is in it" they both replied clapping a hand on my back causing me to drop the book in my hands. "I just don't see how you got in" Ariana said with a shocked tone. "You underestimate us" they sighed together then resorted to looking through their own books.  Snape, with a wave of his wand made instructions appear on the board. "Get started" Snape snarled pointing a finger towards the board.

Ariana stood walking to the cabinet to gather ingredients. We were to be making a poison antidote... As soon as Ariana made it back with the ingredients we began. Ariana and I were on our last step for the potion, it was the perfect color, consistency, and smell. "Seems at least a few aren't as big adunder-heads as I thought" said Snape coldly as he passed Ariana and I. "Our potions N.E.W.T. will be perfect" I said happily placing it inside a phial. Ariana took our labeled phial to Professor Snape, Ariana then took her seat next to me. "Very good" I heard Snape mumble as he marked our potion. "Ahhh!" I shrieked as some green goo hit my back. "What are you two doing back there" I hissed spinning in my seat. "Sorry" they repeated until I turned back. "Ariana could you?" I asked pointing to my back she nodded then vanished the bit of potion that was on my back. "Thanks" I whispered shooting Fred and George another glare.

The bell rang, every one began gathering their things and scuffling from the room or storming out...depending on how their potion turned out. "Miss. Black and Miss. Black" Snape snarled but didn't peer above the papers he was looking at. "Yes professor?" Ariana answered instantly. "Professor Dumbledore would like to see you...both of you" Snape snarled at us then not speakinganother word. "Sir we need the password" I added since he had not spoke. "Fizzing Whizbee"Snape said in his bored tone. "Thanks" Ariana and I both said turning on our heel to walk out of the room.

We walked to the headmasters office "Fizzing Whizbee" we recited to the gargoyle, it sprang to life revealing stairs. I walked up first with Ariana close behind me... "The door is closed" I whispered back to her "Just knock he is waiting on us" Ariana snarled....at first I hesitated but knocked after being jabbed in the side by Ariana. "Come in" came Dumbledore's voice through the wooden door. Ariana strode in her black cloak tumbling behind her and I followed shutting the door behind us.

"What did you need Professor?" I asked standing next to Ariana. He did not speak but conjured two chairs for us to sit. "Go on sit" Dumbledore smiled his eyes twinkling as he peered at us from behind his half-moon spectacles. Ariana and I looked at each other shrugged then sat. I opened my mouth to speak but Dumbledore hushed me. "Now to get straight to the point so you don't miss to much of your class" began Dumbledore "You will be learning Occlumency" "Occlumency, why?" I asked confused "Because Ariana is working close to Voldemort, she needs to learn to close her mind to him. And you Cyn, if you are ever captured or near Voldemort you will need to close your mind so he can not see Ariana nor anything of the order" He explained to us..."And who is teaching us this?" growled Ariana eyeing Dumbledore suspiciously "I will of course" he replied smiling at the pair of us. "When will we be learning this?" I asked curiously since we had so many advanced classes this year. "During your free periods, beginning next Wednesday" he answered. "Ok" Ariana and I said together...we couldn't really debate. "Above all tell no one, especially Delores Umbridge"Dumbledore warned waving his wand for the door to open. We nodded before leaving the room. "This should be fun" I said "Yeah" Ariana replied simply.