If only Avada Kedavra were legal

Start from the beginning

Fred, George, and I made our way to Gryffindor tower pushing through the first years to get to the portrait of the Fat Lady. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia" I said to the portrait as to not interrupt the speech Hermione had prepared for the first years. "I think she is worse than Percy" I whispered to Fred and George before climbing through the hole. "Nah...I think Percy is still worse" George chuckled. The warmth of the room hit us as soon as we had stepped foot inside. I realized how tired I was "Goodnight" I yawned walking towards the girls dorm. "Night!" they shouted together, when I walked into the common room Ginny was already there and Hermione's trunk was at the foot of one of the beds. "Thank Merlin" I gave a sigh of relief falling on my bed and drawing the curtains around my bed. Soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

The next morning my stomach was growling so loud it sounded as if it was the reason some girls had woken up. "Wake up!" an out of breath voice came from outside... "What on earth?" I said aloud blinking the sleep from my eyes. "Who's out there?" I shouted pulling the blanket off of myself. "Fred!" it panted as if the person were running. "What are you doing?" I asked an eyebrow raising "Trying to...make....it.....up the...stairs...." He panted. I heard a hand grab the doorknob throwing the door open. "I see you made it then" I said laughing at the red faced panting Fred. "Wait here while I get ready" I instructed him and motioned for him to sit on my bed.

I was in the shower for twenty minutes, it took way less time that I had perfected my spells. "Alright lets g-" I was saying while coming from the showers. Fred was asleep on my bed..."Really Fred!" I shouted storming over to him "I'm up I'm up!" I just glared at the alarmed looking Fred who was looking about the room as if McGonall was going to burst from one of the trunks. "Lets go" I growled walking to the door, turning the doorknob, then stepping outside. Fred must have been right behind me since the steps had turned from solid stairs to a slide. "Well I guess that was fun" I laughed as we reached the bottom of the slide. I brushed myself off and offered a hand to Fred that hadn't been expecting the slide to return. "Boys aren't allowed" I explained pointing back at the stairs as they were reforming. "Whey are you allowed in the boys dorm then?" He asked angrily as he watched the stairs return..."Guess we're more trustworthy" I laughed spinning on my heel towards the portrait. George was waiting for us outside the portrait "What took you so long?" he questioned looking from Fred to me then me to Fred. "I had to get ready, and Fred here" I pointed to Fred "Couldn't get up the steps to the girls dorm" I finished as I began walking down the first few steps.

The three of us made it to the Great Hall for breakfast. "Food" I groaned taking a seat at theGryffindor table. I began putting toast and eggs on my plate. Taking bites out of certain things as I placed them there. McGonagall began passing out schedules...."Great" I groaned "Advanced Potions, Advanced Transfiguration, Advanced Charms, Advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, and Astronomy" I read to the twins my happiness fading with each one... "I forgot we had our N.E.W.T.s this year" I groaned looking towards the Slytherin table for Ariana. Her face didn't look much happier as she looked down at her list. "We have those classes" The twins said with a smirk on their faces..."You two have advanced..." I began "Yup" they both said brightly "Ok then we can study together" I said happily they laughed but nodded when I glared at them.

Angelina had just stormed up to Harry "We are having quidditch try-outs on Friday, be there!" She snarled at Harry... "What's gotten into her?" I asked Fred who was leaning closest to me "She is our new Gryffindor Quidditch captain" Fred explained...a look of oh must have come over me because he went back to eating. "Oi! Oi, Angelina!" I shouted jumping from my seat as she spun to stalk off from Harry..."What is it Black!"..."I was just, just wondering if I could try out for the team" I told her as I came to stand in front of her. "Well we do need a new chaser since Katie decided not to play this year" Angelina thought aloud....I bounced on my heel a little pure happiness coursing through my body. "Fine! Try-outs are Friday at five o' clock! Be there!" She snapped then strode off. "Yay!" I squealed beaming at Fred and George. "What" they both mouthed looking at each other... "I am trying out for the team!" I shouted at them. "Hem hem" I heard behind me...Oh great I groaned inside my head....spinning on my heel. "Yes?" I snarled glaring at her. "Yes Professor" Umbridgecorrected in a sickeningly sweet tone..."Yes Professor" I growled clenching my fists together....just hearing her hem hem made me want to choke the life from her toad like body. "You shouldn'taddress your professors like that, but I will let it pass" her mouth stretched wide across her face "Also, next time I hear you shouting it will be detention...now eat your breakfast dear" Umbridegeadded. I could feel my face heat up with anger but I gritted my teeth and stalked over to Fred and George. "I hate her....I hater her....I hate her...." I repeated filling myself with anger. "The nerve of her...been here one day...already barking orders..." I grumbled "Gah!!" I banged my fists on the table... "Hem hem, Miss. Black is it?" The sickeningly sweet girlish voice was behind me again... "Yes...." I groaned gritting my teeth "Professor" I added before she could say anything. "I told you to keep your voice down..." she trailed off watching some first years scramble away towards the door. "Did I not?" her gaze snapped back to me but her tone was still sickeningly sweet. "Yes....professor" I replied forcing out the word professor "Five points from" she began to be interrupted byMcgonagall "What is going on here?" McGonagall asked her eyes peering down over her glasses. "Just taking a few points from Gryffindor for Miss. Black ignoring my warning" Umbridge replied a girlish smile creeping on her face. "Miss. Black" Mcgonagall turned to look at me her mouth twitch at the corner forming a slight smile. "Twenty points for school spirit" Mcgonagall added ignoringUmbridge who was standing beside her. We watched as a few red rubies fell from the hour glass.Umbridge's face tightened but she still forced her smile..."Now how many were you taking Delores?" asked McGonagall peering down at her again, but before she could say anything I spoke up "Five professor." "Very well then" said McGonagall a few rubies flying back up to the top of the hour glass as she strode off. I spun around before Umbridge could speak another word. "Serves her right" said Fred an accomplished grin on his face.