Any Author's Notes You Need To Know About

As a writer, I get very frustrated at the feelings of...

• Not writing enough

• Not writing fiction (I'm mostly a non-fiction writer most of my life; see below)

• Not writing good enough

• Not writing...period.

There are many others I could list here, but suffice it to say that I know I'm not alone in this feeling of utter failure as a writer. Yes, I've written a lot in my life (mostly non-fiction in the form of journals and blog posts), but that doesn't mean I'm immune to these feelings.

One of the ways I would like to remedy this is to just sit down and write. And while I try to do that very thing on my own blog (see external link), most of that experience is riddled with all the aspects of creative graphic design; so instead of simply writing, I find myself fiddling with ways to make the posts look better and more reader friendly, when what I should be doing is writing.

Then it occurred to me that I could use Wattpad to help relieve some of this tension, seeing as it's mostly a text-only medium. So I could write words and words without the distractions of eye-catching design elements.

I dedicate this chapter to TheAlvarezChronicles because when I saw his Wattpad profile I realized that he had published (as of this writing) 38 different works! That's BOSS by any means. Seeing that much production stoked a fire underneath me and made me realize I can conquer my feelings of failure by publishing more works related to my experiences. In a nutshell, after seeing all those works, there's no excuse for me not to write!

So here I am, getting ready to write my first chapter of this new work Confessions of a (Self-Professed) Writing Failure, hoping to indeed conquer my feelings of failure and anxiety as a writer. I say "Self-Professed" because it seems like the only one calling me a writing failure is...myself!

I hope you'll join me and find new ways to keep fighting the fight; putting the words down on the page/screen no matter what; and, most of all, keep writing!!!

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting on your favorites. I'll see you at the finish line.