Chapter 15: Hotland Continued

The girls returned to Hotland, and resumed from where they had left off. Sans wasn't at his post, leaving Chara suspicious. Frisk didn't think much of it, and passed it by without a second thought. After passing Sans' post, they had to walk across a long path, that seemed to stretch endlessly. Neither of them minded, though. Frisk held Chara's arm tightly walking close to her, humming quietly.
     Chara enjoyed listening to her, and hummed along. Eventually, the two reached a perfect sync with each other. They hummed the tune from the jukebox back in the Waterfall area, just as Frisk had done before. After they finished the tune, Chara giggled to herself.
The long stretch of nothing finally came to a stop, as they saw moving tracks and lasers ahead.
     *Ring Ring*
     Frisk checked her Caller I.D.
     *Alphys is calling*
      Frisk opened the phone and selected speaker.
      "H.....hi...!" Alphys said, sounding nervous. "This puzzle, ahead of you, is kinda... timing based. Y-you see those switches over there? Y-you'll have to press all three of them within three seconds." She hung up.
      Frisk was aware of the last switch not actually doing anything, but didn't say anything. She let go of Chara and stepped on the platform, Chara jumping after. They pressed all the switches quickly and the lasers deactivated. The two walked farther along, to see another puzzle, containing two by three rows of vents and switches.
      "Again with the vents!" Chara complained, palming her face.
      Frisk just laughed and stepped on the first vent. "Chara! Follow after me!"
      Frisk jumped across to the second vent, then down, down, up, back down, left, up, and up, until she reached the end, striking a pose of victory at the end, winking.
      Chara tried copying her, but messed up, and had to restart. The vents were getting annoying to her. Eventually, she got it right, and joined Frisk. "We better not have to deal with more vents." Chara said.
       Frisk rolled her eyes, and grabbed her hand and continued to walk.
       Yet again, the walk was long and seemed to drag on, until they heard a voice.
       "Hey, like, you two! Stop!" A man's voice was heard. It reminded Frisk of a stereotypical surfer dude you'd see on TV.
        Chara turned around to see two knights walking up to them. "Royal Guards." She said to herself.
        "We've, like, received anonymous tip about two humans wearing stripped shirts passing through here. I know, sounds scary, huh? Well, just stay chill, we'll bring you someplace safe." The first guard gestured for them to follow, while the second one didn't speak and just turned around, walking.
Chara and Frisk followed them. Chara was confused how they didn't notice that they were the humans, but decided it would be better if she kept her mouth shut.
        The two stopped moving in front of them, making the girls stop suddenly as well. The second guard mumbled something, making the first guard shoot a quick look at the girls.
        "Bummer. This is like... mega embarrassing. We have to, like, totally kill you and stuff..."
They drew their weapons, both wielding large single handed swords, they looked intimidating.
         A battle sequence started.
         Chara braced herself. The guards were twice her size, and they looked tough. Frisk didn't worry.
         "Like, Team Attack." The first guard said. They didn't slice with their giant swords, but rather, sent small magical attacks towards the girls in sync with each other.
         Chara and Frisk easily dodged the attack. "Chara, I have an idea on how to beat these guys."
         "Do it then!"
         Frisk walked over to the second guard and whispered something suggestive (ahem) into his ear.
        "Heh.."
        The first guard looked nervous. "Uh, team attack?"
        They launched more magical attacks, as Frisk kept flirting with the first guard. Chara was beginning to feel jealous, and wanted to get rid of that guard, but she controlled herself, figuring this was Frisk's plan. She hoped, anyway.
        "Armor... too... HOT." The second guard yelled, popping his armor off his body, revealing a scaly, muscular chest, and abs.
         Frisk backed off. "Now watch this." She whispered to Chara.
         "What do you mean?"
         "Just watch."
         The first guard looked nervous, and was visibly shaking. "02! What are you doing!"
02 didn't say anything.
         "Like, I can't take this anymore!" The first guard started. "02, I like... I like, LIKE, you bro!" He put away his sword.
         Chara became wide eyed, seeing what was happening.
         "I love the way you FIGHT, the way you talk... I love doing team attacks with you. I love standing here with you, bouncing and waving our weapons in sync. 02... I like... want to stay like this forever.."
         Chara awed quietly, seeing the guard pour his heart out to 02. She held Frisk's hand, putting her other hand over her heart.
         02 was silent for a moment, making the first guard nervous. "01.. do you... wanna get some Nice Cream.... after this?"
         "Yeah bro! Haha!" 01 seemed extremely happy. The two stared at each other happily.
        Chara and Frisk awed again.
        "How about Chara and I leave you two to enjoy yourselves?" Frisk said, smiling widely at the two.
        "Yeah, like, that's cool." 01 responded. The two knights walked off. The girls had successfully SPARED them.
        The battle ended.
        "Frisk, that was amazing, what you did." Chara said, still smiling.
        "Yeah. They are so cute together." Frisk said.
        "But how did you know to do that?"
        Frisk winked. "Let's call it intuition."
        They walked farther, until they reached another dark room.
       *Ring Ring*
        Frisk checked the Caller I.D.
       *Alphys is calling*
        She opened it and put it on speaker.
        "Hey again. A-another dark room? W-well, using my hacking skills, I've got this covered!" The lights turned on to reveal a camera facing Frisk and Chara, with Mettaton in a reporter suit to the far right corner. He was holding a stack of white paper, and was sitting at a desk.
        "OHHH YEEEESSS!" Mettaton yelled. "Good evening beauties, and gentle-beauties! This is Mettaton, reporting LIVE from MTT News! An interesting situation has arisen in Eastern Hotland! Fortunately, our correspondents are out there, reporting live." Mettaton struck a needlessly dramatic pose, "Correspondents! Find something newsworthy to report!"
        Chara looked at Frisk in confusion, and then looked around her. There were random objects placed around them. A glass of water, a dog, a basketball, a book, and a wrapped present. Chara decided to go pet the dog, but noticed it was acting strange just moving in place, not doing anything else.
        "Um, how about this dog?" Chara asked.
        "OH! I can see the headline now: 'A dog exists somewhere.' Frankly, I'm blown away." Mettaton said, as sarcastically as possible. 
        The dog fidgeted randomly, and suddenly, it's tail became a fuse of some sort.
        "Attention viewers! Our correspondent found a dog! The feel good story of the century. Look at its tiny ears, cut paws, fluffy tail! ...wait that's not a tail, its a fuse!" Mettaton said, his hands on his rectangular head now. "That dog isn't a dog! It's... a bomb! But don't panic!" Mettaton laughed to himself. "You haven't even seen the rest of the room yet!" 
        Mettaton's news set came crashing down, evaporating, leaving  only Mettaton and his camera left. 
        "It seem's everything in the area is actually a bomb! Brave correspondent! If you don't defuse all the bombs.." Mettaton flew ahead to reveal a giant bomb with 5 MINUTES, in the center of it. It looked poorly painted on. "This big bomb will blow you two to smithereens! Then you won't be reporting 'live' any longer! How terrible, how disturbing! Our nine viewers are going to love watching this! Good luck darlings!"Mettaton laughed and floated above them.
        "Don't worry!" Alphys' voice could be heard in an echo throughout the room. "I installed a bomb-defusing program on your phones! No g-go get em!'" 
       "Frisk! You take the bombs over there, I'll go down here and get those!" Chara said, running towards the first bomb.
       The girls quickly defused the bombs, and met back with each other. Chara sighed in relief. 
       Mettaton laughed. "Oh! Sorry darlings! All that work was for not! The big bomb is going off anyways! GOOD BYE!" He laughed and laughed. 
       Chara winced waiting for the bomb to blow her out of existence, but it never did.
      "Ah." Mettaton said, stopping his laughing. "It seems the bomb isn't going off."
      "T-that's because!" Alphys' voice could be heard again. "While you busy monologue-ing, I fi.... fix.... I uh.. ch-change.." Alphys was sounding like she didn't even know what she had just done.
      "Oh no! You deactivated the bombs with your hacking skills!" Mettaton said, half annoyed, half sarcastically.
      "Y-yeah! That's what I did!"
      Mettaton snapped his fingers. "Curses! It seems I've been foiled again! Curse you humans!  Curse you Dr. Alphys for helping so much! But I don't curse my eight wonderful viewers for tuning in! Until next time darling!" He flew off.  
      Chara and Frisk continued to walk ahead, seeing yet another long stretch of path. This one had another view of the CORE, with another elevator at the end of it. 
      Frisk was holding onto Chara's arm as normal, enjoying the walk. 
      "Hey Frisk." Chara started.
      "Yes?" 
      "Mettaton sounds really sarcastic out there, like he doesn't really care."
      "What about it?"
      "Nothing really, just saying." Chara decided not to tell Frisk she was suspicious Mettaton and Alphys were secretly plotting something together. She didn't know why, but she felt a weird feeling about it, like, she somehow knew, but couldn't exactly remember. 
      "Alright then!" Frisk said.
      When they reached the elevator, the walked in and noticed all the buttons besides L3, were dark. Chara decided to press the only lit button, and the elevator closed, ad started to move up.
      Chara sat down, and Frisk sat next to her, resting on her shoulder. Neither of them spoke, but rather, enjoyed the ride up. The girls didn't need to speak to each other all the time, all they needed was each other's presence to keep them happy.
       The elevator opened, and the girls were greeted to a new sight. A light red carpet, with fancy embroidered edges, rather than a rocky path as before. There wasn't lava anymore either, just a dark, chilly room. Chara liked it, opposed to the constant heat of the Hotland.
      The girls continued to walk, when they came upon a small stand with a giant humanoid like spider behind it. They walked up to the spider. 
      Chara noticed it was definitely a girl. She wore a pretty red dress, and her pitch black hair was put up in pig tails, with little red ribbons, her skin was a bright, dull purple. She had six arms, with two legs, and five black eyes, that sparkled. 
      "Hello dearies~" She spoke, with a soft calming voice, like the voice of a mother, talking sweetly to her baby. "Welcome to our parlor! Interested in some spider pastries? All proceeds got to real spiders~" She said, adding a little musical note at the end. 
      Frisk was delighted to see the familiar spider, and Chara looked happy as well. 
      "Pretty outfit!" Chara said, admiring her.
      "Thank you dearie~ It's made with real spider silk!" 
      The two continued to talk, while Frisk looked at the items she had. They all cost 9999g, except for a spider donut that was chocolate flavored. "Hey Chara, they have a chocolate donut for 100g." Frisk said, tugging on Chara's sleeve. 
      "I'll take it!" Chara said excitedly, taking out 100g from her inventory. 
      She handed the spider girl the money, and she handed her the donut. 
      "Thank you so much dearie~" She said. She reached out one of her six hands, and Chara shook it. 
      "My name is Chara, by the way, and this is my friend Frisk!" Chara said. 
      Frisk shook one of the spiders hands as well, "Pleased to meet you!"
      The spider girl giggled. "My name is Muffet! Please, come back any time! And Chara, next time we see each other, I can help you make a spider silk outfit if you'd like!" 
       "Thank you, Muffet! I'd like that a lot!" Chara said, excitedly. 
      The two waved goodbye and continued to walk. 
      "You two seemed to get along really well." Frisk said.
      "Yeah, Muffet was really nice, I can't wait to see her again." 
      Frisk giggled, glad Chara made a friend. 
      Chara's smile had faded quickly, as she saw what was ahead of them.
     "COME ON!" She yelled.
     Ahead of the girls, was more vents, a lot more vents. 
     "Race you!" Frisk said, stepping on the vent. 
     Chara wasn't about to turn down that challenge. "You're on!" She said, finding the sudden will to step on the vents.

*Wanting to win the race, you two are filled with DETERMINATION* 

_______________________________
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! LOVE YOU GUYS!