Chapter 4: Onward to Snowdin (2)

*hey guys! Before I start the next chapter, I decided to give Chara and Frisk genders. Recent comments have led me to just decide it was too confusing for my readers to make them non-binary so, I will make them both female, because, honestly, that's how I see them. Please don't hate my decision! (On Fanfiction.net I shared this as well, and Ive gotten a few complaints, but it's fine, I did ask for suggestions after all!) anyways, sorry for the long note! On to the chapter...*

     Chara and Frisk walk hand in hand through the snow. The two had just left the RUINS after sparing Toriel ready to face anything ahead of them.
     "I wish we would've grabbed some winter clothes first," Chara shivered.
     "Well, I'm warm because I have you with me," Frisk flirted. She leaned in and gave Chara a light kiss on the cheek.
     Chara's face became red and hot. "F-frisk!" Frisk giggled. She loved whenever Chara got flustered, it made her look cute.
      They continued walking and came across the a giant stick that looked thick and incredibly hard to break, and carefully stepped over it. Frisk smiled, knowing about the pun loving skeleton they were about to meet, but a wave dread washed over her. "What will Sans think when he sees me? Or Chara?" Frisk thought to herself.
      Chara noticed Frisk's distress, "Anything wrong Frisk?"
      Frisk snapped back to reality. "Yes, of course! Let's keep moving!" Frisk steadily got faster seeing the gate ahead of them Papyrus had built. Chara knew something was off, but decided not to question her.
      When they arrived at the gate, they heard something moving behind them, Chara braced for a battle, while Frisk stood calm and waited.
       "human. don't you know how to greet an new pal? turn around and shake my hand." They said, without even looking at Chara. Frisk turned around and shook the mysterious (oooooh who could it be?) figure's hand. A loud fart came from his hand. Frisk and Chara giggled.
      "heh. the ol' whoopee cushion in the hand trick. it's always funny. the name's sans, sans the skeleton." Sans chucked. "hey, do i know either of you?" Shooting a glare at Chara, but Frisk didn't notice.
      Frisk smiled, but Chara stared with a straight face. They couldn't quite place it, but she felt slightly scared around Sans.. But why?
      "nah, i must be imagining things. anywho, so you two are human huh? that's hilarious. right now, i'm supposed to be on lookout for humans, but i don't really wanna capture any humans. now my brother papyrus, he's a human hunting fanatic! let's go meet him."
      The trio walked through the gate that was too large to prevent anything from getting through, so they could slip past with ease. 
      "quick, behind that conveniently shaped lamp." Sans pointed towards a lamp that looked strangely like the two.
      Frisk drug Chara over towards it to hide, she had a big grin on her face, that couldn't help but make Chara smile too.
      "SANS! HAVE YOU SEEN ANY HUMANS LATELY?" Papyrus came running in.
      "nah, but hey, look at that cool lamp."
      "NO!! I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THAT! I HAVE TO RECALIBRATE MY PUZZLES AND BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ANY HUMANS!" Papyrus was stomping his foot on the ground.
      "heh. alright bro."
      "HAVE YOU EVEN GOTTEN ANY WORK DONE TODAY SANS?"
      "yeah, of course bro, i've gotten at ton of work done." Sans winked. "a skele-ton," Frisk giggled softly behind the lamp.
      "SANS! THAT WAS TERRIBLE!"
      "you're smiling."
      "I AM AND I HATE IT!
      "tibia honest, my bone-ified, puns will tickle even your funny bone, papyrus." Sans chuckled, as his permanent grin grew larger.
      "SANS! WHY?!" Papyrus ran off.
      "alright kiddos, you can come out." Sans was still laughing. Frisk decided to join in on the laughter, and Chara followed shortly.
     "good job hiding, you two. he never suspected a thing."
     "Those puns sure were rib-tickling, Sans!" Frisk cracked up.
     "they sure were kiddo." Sans started chuckling again.
     After the laughing fit, Frisk looked at Sans with a serious face, "Can I talk to you Sans?"
    "uh, sure bucko. what's up?"
    Frisk turned to Chara, "I need to talk to Sans privately. You should go on ahead! I'll catch up with you in a minute."
     "But, Frisk, what if I get into a FIGHT? You won't be there to help me! I might... I might.."  Frisk put her finger to Chara's lips.
     "Chara, I know you can do it. Besides, I won't be gone long, just a short chat, and then I'll catch up."
     Chara smiled and blushed slightly. "Okay Frisk. But please hurry."  She walked away slowly and cautiously. Normally, she'd have no problem advancing forward, taking down what was in her path, but she tried to be good, for Frisk.

     "so. at least your back and not trying to kill everyone this time." Sans said harshly.
     "Sans. I'm so sorry, but I had to!" Frisk already felt tears forming in her eyes.
     "kid, i thought i told you chara wasn't worth saving."
     "No! You're wrong Sans. Chara has changed! She hasn't hurt anyone in the underground so far, in fact, she has SPARED every monster so far."
     "okay, but were you with her during that?"
     "Well, of course, but-"
     "if you weren't there, do you think she'd even show the slightest bit of MERCY? no, she'd kill them."
      "No, Sans.. She.. She wouldn't."
      "and you just sent her off to wonder around, and any poor monster in her way could die."
      Frisk was silent for a moment. "Sans."
     "yup?"
     "I-I... Like her a lot Sans. More than normal people."
     "ah jeez, kiddo, say it ain't so."  Sans' permanent grin shrunk.
     "I do Sans! And I promise you. Chara will be a good person, she's already made so much progress!" Frisk remembered something, "Besides! Doesn't Papyrus always say, 'anyone can be a good person, if they try?'"
     Sans was quiet.
     "Well!" Frisk got slightly impatient.
     Sans chuckled. "alright kid. i trust you, if anyone can change chara, it's you.
     Frisk started to tear up. "Thank you Sans!" She hugged him tightly.
     "no problem bud." He ran his hand through Frisk's hair. Remembering when they lived on the surface. "are we gonna go back home? on the surface i mean."
     "Of course Sans, and I'll come live you and Papyrus again, and we'll be a family again!"
     "is chara included in that?"
     "Yes."
     "if you can change her, i don't care, i just want to have our happy ending again."
      "Me too Sans." Frisk let go of Sans and smiled.
      "well, i'll see you and your lover later."
     Frisk blushed. "Well I don't know if she's-" but Sans already took a shortcut.
      Frisk ran ahead to try to catch up with Chara, when she saw her crying in the snow.
     "C-Chara? What's wrong?" Frisk ran to Chara.
     "I can't do it Frisk! I can't SPARE monsters!"
     Frisk looked around, there wasn't a monster in sight. She tried putting her arm around Chara, but Chara moved her hand away.
     "What do you mean?" Frisk asked, scared Chara might have killed someone.
     "I got into a FIGHT."
     "...and what happened..?"
     "I wanted so badly to kill them, to hurt them any way possible."
     "Chara.." Frisk put her hand on Chara's back.
     "But.. I thought about you Frisk. And I didn't. I just ran away."
      Frisk was extremely relieved Chara hadn't killed anyone. "Is that it?"
     "Yes, but Frisk! I wanted to, I wanted to so badly! If I hadn't thought of you, I would've! What if one day you won't be here at all? I might just kill everything again!" Chara started to cry more.
     Frisk hugged her. "Chara, I will never leave you, no matter what. I will always be with you. I-I.. Love you, Chara."
     Chara stopped crying. "Frisk.. I.. I didn't think you.." She wiped away her tears. "I love you too!" She smiled and hugged Frisk back.
     They got up, and Frisk took Chara's hand, "Lets get going. We've got a lot ahead of us."
     "As long as it's with you Frisk, I don't care where we go." Chara said.

*With new found LOVE, you both are filled with DETERMINATION*

___________________________
Hey guys! How'd you like it? Don't worry if you aren't getting enough fluff in your story, I will be adding plenty enough soon! Anyways, tell me whatcha think of the chapter! LOVE YOU GUYS!