Chapter 8: Temmie Village

The new area the girls walked in was dimly lit by glowing mushrooms and crystals. The floor under them was spotted with reflective stones that glowed white. It was bright enough to see where you were going in the cavern, but still too dark to see far ahead of you. The two followed the lit path towards Temmie Village, with Frisk leading the way, smiling gleefully. 
     "Are we almost there?" Chara complained. "It feels like we've been walking forever." 
     "Chara, we've only been walking for ten minutes." 
     "Well it feels like twenty." Chara sighed. 
     Frisk looked ahead and saw the narrow path that lead straight to Temmie Village, her face lighting up. She started to run, "It's right over here!" She yelled. 
     "Jeez. She sure is excited about this." Chara said to herself. It made her smile seeing how happy Frisk was, but she honestly wasn't feeling too excited about it. She figured it was just because she was tired, and she didn't want to ruin Frisk's good time with a bad attitude. She started to run after Frisk. "Wait up!" Chara yelled. 
     Frisk ran ahead and down the path to the village. Chara kept up behind. After a short jog, they had finally arrived. She saw a Temmie and ran towards it. 
     "hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!" the Temmie yelled. Frisk giggled with joy.
     "hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE tOO!!" The Temmie next to Temmie yelled. 
     "yaYA! i'm tEMMIE AlsO!!" The Temmie who was next to Temmie, next to Temmie yelled. 
     "Hey, I'm Bob." Bob said. 
      Frisk hugged a Temmie and pet the other Temmies. They started to play together, having a great time. Chara watched as Frisk was playing with the Temmies, when Bob walked over. 
     "Oh, hello there. Are you Temmie?" Chara asked.
     "No. I'm Bob." he replied.
     "Why don't you sound like the other Temmies?" Bob had a deeper voice than all the other Temmies and could speak perfectly. 
     "I dunno. Just do." Bob wasn't much of a talker.
     Chara reached down and pet Bob's fur. It was incredibly soft, and smooth, like running your hand through silk. Bob enjoyed the petting, and let Chara continue. Chara sat down and continue to pet Bob. Bob curled up in Chara's lap and fell asleep almost instantly. She smiled at the Temmie, it was incredibly adorable. Looking up, she watched Frisk play with the more energetic Temmies, as they ran around. One Temmie stopped moving, looking at Frisk.
     "so hungr..."  It whined cutely. The other Temmies stopped moving in unison, really, they seemed the had only one brain.
     "yAyA, i agREEs" One said.
     "Hold on, I'll go get some Temmie Flakes!" Frisk said, running towards the Tem Shop. The Temmies cheered. 
     One Temmie walked away from the group to get a look at Chara, and noticed Bob sleeping peacefully in her lap. 
     "awwAwa cute!!" She said, looking right at Chara. 
     "Oh, well thank you, Temmie!" Chara smiled at her. 
     The Temmie walked away with a grin on its face, not remembering what Chara had said. She was too focused on the Temmie Flakes. 
     Frisk had walked of the Tem Shop with 30g worth of Temmie Flakes, and placed them on the ground, which the Temmies swarmed and ate up. 
     "FOOB!!!" They screamed. 
     Frisk looked at Chara and smiled, Chara smiled back. Frisk walked over to her. "Hey! You made a friend too!" 
     Chara looked down at Bob. "Yeah, this is Bob. He's super soft and cute." She giggled. 
     Frisk sat down next to Chara and and rested her head on Chara's shoulder. "Sorry I've been ignoring you... I hope you aren't mad." Frisk said, petting Bob softly. 
      "No, you're fine Frisk, don't worry! I'm just glad you are having fun." She took Frisk's hand and held it. Causing Frisk to smile.
     "Thank you Chara, I'm glad you found a Temmie you liked, I wasn't actually sure if you'd like this place."
     "I wasn't sure at first either, but-" She looked at the Temmies. "I'm having a fun time watching them." She giggled.
     The Temmies looked at the two and all walked over. 
     "OMG!! humans TOO CUTE!" One Tem said. The others agreed by vibrating intensely and saying: "yA!!"
     The Temmies got close to Chara and Frisk and started laying down around them, one crawling in Frisk's lap, like Bob had done to Chara. They all fell asleep instantly. 
     "Guess falling asleep fast is a Temmie thing." Chara giggled. She released Frisk's hand, and wrapped her arm around Frisk instead. "I wouldn't mind copying the Temmies right now." She yawned. She was tired from all the walking they had been doing all day, she needed a rest.
     Frisk snuggled up closer to Chara. "Yeah, me too." She kissed Chara on the cheek and closed her eyes. 
     Chara blushed and smiled. She looked around at all the Temmies sleeping. They were adorable to her. She could see why Frisk loved this place so much. The Temmies loved to play and laugh, and it was so calm here, making her feel safe and secure. Maybe it was the cheery atmosphere, maybe it was the playful Temmies, or maybe it was just because Frisk was there with her, she didn't know. She didn't care either, all she knew was that she was happy, and that's all that mattered to her, besides Frisk of course. She closed her eyes, quickly drifting into a much needed rest. 

     Chara awoke before Frisk and looked down at her. Chara thought Frisk was cute when she was sleeping, and looked so peaceful. Her mouth was slightly open which made her look even cuter. Her hair was in her face and Chara brushed it to the side gently, revealing it. A round, soft face, with a slight blush. She must have been dreaming of something, because her face didn't have a natural blush like Chara's. She was so beautiful, and Chara was so happy to have Frisk in her life. 
     "I sure do love you." Chara whispered. Kissing the top of her head lightly. Getting a small wimper and a smile for a response.  Chara played with Frisk's hair a little. Soft, like Bob's, she loved it. Chara looked around and saw some of the Temmies had gotten up and were roaming about, some playing, others just... standing and vibrating, one was watching an egg intensely. 
     Not too long later, Frisk woke up and yawned. 
     "Welcome to the waking world," Chara said.
     Frisk didn't respond, but instead hugged Chara tightly. "Hey." She whispered. 
     Chara let Frisk hug her, as her arms where trapped by the hug. 
     "You know, I heard what you said awhile ago." Frisk said. 
     Chara blushed. "Oh, you d-did?" 
     "No need to be nervous about it, Chara. I love you too." Frisk giggled. 
     Chara smiled, she knew she didn't have to be nervous around Frisk, but the feeling still hit her.
     "Are you ready to get going soon?" Chara asked.
     "Yeah, I think I've had my fill of the Temmies, but one day, we'll have to come back and visit." 
     Chara smiled, "Of course." 
     They got up and said their goodbyes to the whole village and left. 
     The two continued to walk down the dimly lit cavern, and eventually found their way out of the area. It took awhile, as they kept getting lost in the turns that turned out to be dead ends, and the rocks that stopped illuminating themselves making the area even darker didn't help either. Eventually they saw one echo flower at the end of a hallway, so they decided to check it out. A sinking feeling washed over Frisk, she remembered this echo flower. Undyne would try to surprise attack them at this flower, but MK would jump in the way.
     Chara wasn't too intimidated by Undyne, from her past encounters with her. She launched spears at fast speeds towards her and Frisk, which they had to run to avoid. Chara would easily avoid her spear onslaught. She vaguely remembered Undyne during her last Genocide run, and while she was tough, Chara was able to beat her. She felt bad, but luckily no one remembered her past actions... except Frisk. Chara had changed though, and with Frisk by her side, she knew she wouldn't hurt another SOUL, not even Undyne. 
     They walked forward, noticing it got darker and darker with each step, the only light being the bright flower. When they had reached the flower Chara listened closely: 
     "Behind you." The room seemed to illuminate itself immediately. A massive figure appeared behind them, wearing a full suit of armor with a red ponytail sticking out from the top.
     Undyne.
     She brought forth a spear, and began to inch slowly to Chara and Frisk, Chara ran in front of Frisk ready to defend her no matter what. 
     Undyne charged them.

________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you liked it, I didn't realize how much I had written about the Temmie village until i was like 900 words in! Anyways, more a cute chapter, I added the last part so the story could continue a little, but hey! A little dose of cute in Temmie Village! Anywho, hope you enjoyed! LOVE YOU GUYS!