Chapter 1

I woke up with the sun glaring at me through the window. I slowly sat up and looked over to see Vix and Ava still sleeping in their beds. I check my watch, Dang it! I set my alarm to early again. I slowly get out of bed trying not to wake the others as I open the closet door and pick out my outfit. It ends up being a tank top with a flannel shirt and ripped skinny jeans. I walk across the dorm room to the coffee maker and I brew a mocha. When it's ready I take the mug and sit on my bed and start to think. I see in the corner of my eye Vix waking up, but I don't look over. She sits up and rubs her eyes then looks at me. "Why are you staring at the wall?" She asks confused. "Oh I was just thinking...." I look over at her with a slight smile. "Hmm.." She gets up and picks a shirt out from her side of the closet and starts to get dressed. I look away to give her privacy. When she's done she comes back to her bed and checks her phone. "Wow, you get up early." She looks at me then her phone again. "Yeah it was an accident." I say, "You want some coffee?" I ask her. "Naw, I'm good." She keeps looking at her Instagram. I look at Ava as she yawns and sits up. "Good morning Ava!" I say with a smile. "Morning Luna." She says, as she looks at me. "Want a cup of coffee?" I gesture to the machine. "Sure, thanks!" She says. I go and pour a cup of it and give it to Ava. "What time is it?" She asks rubbing her eyes. "It's 7:35." Vix answers as she turns off her phone to look at Ava. I sit back down on my bed. We sit in silence for awhile. "What's your first class today Vix?" I look over at her waiting. "Potions..." She says with an unhappy tone. "Me too! " I say. Yay. My first class of the day is with a friend! "I have defense class first" Ava says, then takes a sip of her coffee. "Cool. So Vix, did you do your homework for potions class?" I look at her assuming that she didn't. Her eyes slowly widen, "There was homework?" She says nervously as she frantically looks at me. "Yep...!" I say trying to hide a giggle, Ava is too. "CRAP" Vix yells. Me and Ava burst out laughing, tears are forming in my eyes. After awhile the laughing breaks and I look at my phone. It's 8:15, "Well I have to go to my first class. See you guys later!" I grab my side shoulder backpack and slip on my black combat boots then run out the door.