Sixteen

The day seemed to last forever.

Adrien wasn't there, I guess that was a good thing though.

We wouldn't want Lila taking him away. Now would we?

I mostly hung out with Nino today, even though he was making fun of what he found out earlier this morning.

I told Nino everything. He even laughed when I told him that Lila wanted to ask Adrien out. He told me that it would not happen. He even told me that he ships Adrien and I over Adrien and Lila.

Thank you Nino. You're the true mvp.

It was now the second half of the day and I haven't seen Adrien, Marinette or.. ugh Lila for quite some time. Not that I'm complaining at Lila not being here though.

"So, I'm just curious; why are you crushing on my best friend?" Nino questions, breaking the silence.

"You've asked this before.." I sigh.

"Yeah but.. You never gave me a real answer." He smirked.

"Fiiine, if I just have to tell you again. I mean, he was the first one to reach out to me.. I never had that back at my old county. I mean, my dad and I move a lot for him work, but I've really grown attached to him I guess? I-I mean.. Why am I kidding? I'm probably just imagining the whole dumb crush thing.." I pouted sadly.

Nino looked almost moved.

"Aw, you're making me cry over here," he fake patted of the fake tears he was pret Ning to cry. "But on a more serious note, I don't think that the fact that you're crushing on the first dude that's been nice to you is dumb. Like I said, I ship it." He laughed.

"Thanks Nino." I laughed too.

"I'm going to ask Adrien if he likes you." Nino cooed.

"Ugh, don't!" I scream, right as the bell rings.

"There's no stopping me now!" He yelled running out the door.

I wanted to run after him but I decided not to, he was already too far gone, and I didn't feel like running. So I just got all my books together, and walked home.

I mean, what's the worst that can happen?

~

What a long day. I can't wait to be at home, in my bed, asleep. Right now I'm inside of a car, on my way home. Everything that happened today flashing through my mind.

New girl talking about Ladybug, Ladybug insulting her, her getting akumatized, having to leave school to deal with that situation.. Not to mention the other things that had happened.

After awhile of mindlessly looking out the window, we arrived home. I thanked my driver, then ran up the steps to my room.

I face-planted into my pillow, I was too tired to care.

Bing~ I got a text message from.. Nino!

Nino: hey bruh. u like rlly busy rn? txt me if u can. Ttyl.

His grammar makes me cringe most of the time, but I've grown used to it. I reply back

Me: nope, not busy. What did you have in mind we do?

Nino: meet me at the park in 15?

Me: sure thing.

Even though I don't want to exactly leave my loving bed, I'm going to go meet my best friend at the park for whatever reason.

I got there five minutes early. Nino was no where to be seen- yet.

Two minutes later, he arrived. My face lit up, I haven't seen my best friend in a long time.

"Hey Adrien!" He acknowledged, walking over to me.

"Hi Nino, so what's up? I reply questionably.

"Oh- uh, well.. Wanna go to the café?" He asked, stuttering as if trying to make up his mind.

"Sure!"

Away we went to the café. Then I realized how hungry I actually was.

Nino and I arrive at the café. After getting seated and ordering some pastries he spoke up.

"So hey Adrien, I've been meaning to ask you; do you have a crush on (F/n)?" He asks.

I almost choke on my pastry. "W-what gives you that idea?" I mentally curse myself for stuttering.

He laughs, and I feel my face heat up.

"You do don't you~." He cooed.

I look away so my best friend doesn't see the pinkness appear on my cheeks.

"Come on, tell me!" He practically begged.

"Fine. I..ah, I might have a small crush on her. She's mad at me though!" I explain.

Nino nods, then grins. "I ship it. So, so damn much."

"Nino NO! That would only make things awkward.. She probably doesn't even think of me like that.." I confirm.

"Oh come on.. Who couldn't love that face?" Nino said trying to cheer me up. "Anyway, I bet she does like you back."

"Whatever you say man. Speaking of which, her and I are doing a photoshoot this weekend so that's cool." I acknowledge.

"Fun, fun. What's the theme of the photoshoot anyway?" Nino asks

I didn't know, so I checked my phone. My face went pink again.

"the theme is called: 'New Beginning'..and it is a-a couples thing?!" I inform, now hiding my face in my hands, courtesy of my now full red face.

"Ayyyyyye," Nino coos, and I continue internal screaming. "Looks like things are looking good for you, my friend...and for my ship." He mumbled the last part so I couldn't hear it. He was right though, looks like things really are going my way for once.