Chapter 2 - Take-out and Pick-up

Chapter 2 – Take-out and Pick-up

Being naked is the most terrifying thing … especially when it happens with your clothes still on.

~ Daniel Cheng

“Is lamb supposed to melt in my mouth?” Huang inquires, oblivious of the subtle decadence that he’s masticating in his mouth, “You should make an executive decision to change beef into lamb, Mr. Cheng,” they have been talking for an hour now, getting more and more comfortable with each other.

Each has come to know that either one of them are in a relationship. Each has come to know that either one of them are in any hurry to commit. Each has come to know that the other wants something more.

“Hmm…” Daniel smirks indulgently, pride emanating from the way his lips curve into his signature I-am-a-CEO-and-I-can-buy-you-and-your-soul smile, “…if I do that then the franchise will go bankrupt,” he states matter-of-factly and he is right. Huang realizes his absurdity and the lack of tact in his comment about switching beef to lamb. He mutters an apology which Daniel brushes off, “Don’t say sorry for making an otherworldly comment. In a perfect world, your idea would be genius,” he regards kindly, which surprises even him because he does not normally empathize with people. But sitting in front of him is a perfectly handsome—though sweaty, but the sexy kind of sweaty—young man, and he cannot help but be nice because he kind of likes him…a lot.

“Do you have a job?” Cheng asks, making Lau bristle in his seat, his scalp prickling with a nervous chill as all the heat rush to darken his cheeks. Daniel notices this and he frowns a little.

“I have a job,” Huang smiles and this makes Daniel relax because he thinks he offended the first guy he ever had a date with. And yes. Cheng regards this awkward meeting as a date because to him it looks like one. It may not be at par with what he expects for a first date but it’s a first date nonetheless.

“What do you do for a living?” Daniel pops the question and another wave of tension washes over Huang’s body, making him shift uncomfortably in his chair as the nerves conspire together to clog his throat. He takes a welcome sip of his bottled water which doesn’t taste like the water he is used to. It feels like a smooth, comforting caress as he swallows. The sterilized, oxygenated, alkalinized water is not what he is expecting at all.

He gulps his water and swallows, “I work here and there,” he mutters and realizes that he needs to speak louder. He clears his throat to continue, “I take different jobs. Whatever’s open,” he says, leaving a lot of gaps in the way he tells his story, making Daniel question whether or not he is hiding something.

“What kinds of jobs?” Cheng asks without breaking a sweat, like he is interviewing an applicant with all the passing credentials yet is unimpressed because he knows that no one will ever be good enough for him.

Another dizzying spell of nervy spasms bathes Lau’s body, making him doubt if the air-conditioning is even running. He uncaps his bottled water and gulps to cool him down. They were doing so well but now they are back to being awkward again.

“Construction or whatever it is that comes along,” he manages to say in one breath, leaving out some details about him earning a few cash here and there from the guys he beds, “Just enough to get me by,” he surrenders and tells the truth. He finds it hard to understand why he feels exposed in front of one Daniel Cheng. He has never had this much difficulty wowing anyone before. Mr. Cheng is a man who is quite hard to please. Lau thinks through all these thoughts as he finishes his McLamb and baked fries. Daniel snaps his fingers for one of his bodyguards to ready the car.

“Huang,” Daniel says simply and what it does is make Lau sit up straight and steel his spine. Huang sucks in his bottom lip, waiting for Mr. Cheng to turn him down because he knows that his ruggedness, no matter how puckishly handsome, is not good enough to measure up to such a refined, middle-aged gentleman, “I want to see you again tomorrow,” Daniel says and what it does is make Lau’s mouth hang open, disbelief painted on his face.

“Really?” Huang swallows, scratching the back of his head, giving Daniel a view of his toned bicep and sexy armpit. Oh boy, the little Cheng inside Daniel’s pants hardens, making him snap his fingers again to his bodyguard, whispering to him to give him a minute, lying about wanting his food to come down his stomach to hide the fact that he has a hard-on, a fat, thick, throbbing hard-on, “Um…” Lau bites his lip and lifts the rounded collar of his blue tank top to fan his body, making Daniel’s little Cheng even harder as he sees the muscular lining of Lau’s pecs, “…can I uh, order Take-out?”

“Sure,” Cheng replies, snapping his fingers to beckon the manager.

The self-conscious manager shuffles to where Daniel is seated. He pulls up his notepad and clicks his pen. He realizes he hasn’t bowed so he bows in front of the king, “Mr. Cheng,” he bows again, and again, “Anything else I can do to be of service??”

Daniel gestures to Huang, “He wants to order take-out,” he states with authority that makes you feel like death is coming to get you if you F his order up, “Give him anything he wants,” he smiles to Huang and Huang does a handsome wink. Oh Buddhammit. Why did Lau have such a handsome smile? The kind of smile that makes you wanna drop to your knees and blow him hard till you juice him dry. Ooh…

Daniel squeezes his thighs, praying to Buddha to help him shrink little Cheng in his pants because he is finding it hard … so hard to stand up. Buddhammit!

Huang Lau got his take-out of ten large orders of Big Mac with fries. They are now inside Daniel’s shiny black Audi which smells like a newly-bought car what with the expensive black leather interior and comfy padded cushions that makes you wanna have sex over and over and over again. Yes. That’s how sexy Daniel’s car is. It makes you wanna F with somebody really, really, really hard till your penis falls off. So, so, so hot and—beep—makes you wanna—beep— hard with somebody! This book is PG13. So no cursing—! Lol.

Daniel offered Huang a ride to wherever he needs to be which is, “Mr. Cheng can you drive me to school because I need to pick up someone to take home tonight and—” too late, he is not able to hold his tongue fast enough, making Cheng’s suspicions arise.

Daniel huffs through his nose, feeling something in his chest grow as it swells uninvited in his heart … Is it the cold touch of betrayal? No.

What about backstabbing pain? Nope. Not just pain.

What about the green-eyed monster called jealousy? Bingo!

Cheng feels jealousy for something he doesn’t have a name for. Jealousy for something that threatens to pull away his first chance at finding ‘the one.’ He feels naked with his clothes on because he is unraveling from the inside. He feels exposed and shirtless, like his nipples are out and the cool air-conditioning is licking them … hard, very hard.

Huang swings the door open, “I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asks.

“Yes,” Daniel smiles, his subconscious telling him not to overthink the situation just yet because he and Huang just started, “Don’t call me. I’ll call you,” he says, but on the back of his mind he thinks that he may not call him again. He is contemplating whether or not this meeting will bear fruit or anything at all, “Enjoy your take-out and your pick-up,” he says as he closes the door.

Huang stands with bags of McDonalds clasped in each hand, looking down the road to where Daniel’s car shrinks to a dot as it speeds with no care for the city’s speedometer, “I hope you call me. I’m sorry I can’t tell you everything. Not yet,” he whispers as he walks to do his pick-up.