Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

***

I instantly woke up when I felt a cold splash of water slap my face. I rub my eyes and wipe of the water of my face with tissue which was in a box. I opened my eyes and standing in front of me was a female figure. It wasn't hard to guess who that person was.

"Abbey, what the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"Language Jordan," She jokes but she said it quite sternly. "You were sleeping on the job. That's not why we're here. I had too much fun already so I thought it was time you woke up." She laughed. I'm glad she finds this funny. 

Luckily my shirt didn't get wet. I couldn't be bothered to pay three pounds to dry myself in the drying machine thingy. She hands me a piece of tissue and just as I was about to take it she pulled it back and used the excuse, 'I need to use actually.' I rolled my eyes and pulled out a tissue from the box and wiped my face. Abbey was giggling for an unusual reason.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Hey, I'm not the one with tissue stuck on my eyebrows." She smiled.

I put my hand on my eyebrows and she was right. There was tissue stuck on my eyebrows.  I peeled them off and forced a smile on my face. 

"Happy?" I ask. 

"Ecstatic," She replied. 

Bill entered the room with two cups of coffee. He offered the first one to Abbey and then to me. I sipped my drink and it was still hot. Abbey thanked him but I didn't bother. 

"Abbey, remember lunch," Bill reminded. 

"Yup," She said. 

I glanced at my watch. Lunch was an hour away and he's reminding her now. He walked out of the room, smiling at Abbey all the way. She smiled back but turned her head away but he still had a smile on his face. Bill was acting real strange since Abbey arrived. I think he has a 'thing' for her. He is so lovesick. Why on earth why would she want to go out with him? The door slammed shut and there was an awkward silence. 

 "So," I said, breaking the silence. "Why are you just standing there? Do we have a meeting today?" I snap at her without even knowing I did. 

"Yes," She answered. "We have two. One in about less than five minutes and the second one is after lunch." She explained. 

"Hm," I said. 

I sip my coffee until there's no more to sip. I place the plastic cup into the bin. I get up from my seat and head for the door. Abbey was following behind. 

"So," Abbey said. "Why are you acting like boring, stubborn Jordan?" 

"I am not!" I snap.

"Are too," She argues. 

"Am not," I say folding my arms. 

"Your both boring and stubborn!" James tells us out of nowhere. "We're going to be late." 

"Your not boring and stubborn," James whispers to Abbey, expecting me not to hear. What does he think I am? Deaf? 

I shake my head and enter the room where the meeting was being hold. I sit down near the window and wait for the others to join. 
After two minutes everyone else has gathered together and Mr. Gordon is talking about the new shopping mall plans. They were planning to knock down the care home for disabled people and building a huge shopping mall. I thought the idea was terrific but I wasn't too happy about the care home being knocked over.  

"No," Abbey cried, slamming her hands on the table and standing up from her seat. "You cant do this! What about those poor kids?" 

For a moment I thought she was going to burst into tears. James and I exchanged looks, we didn't like the idea either. But we can't just start yelling in the middle of a meeting. Luckily dad wasn't here. If he was, I don't know if Abbey would be fired or fired. Well, they are both the same.