Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission

Start from the beginning

Akira's POV

     We were at the gate now, and Naru was being the annoying little kid he was. Honesty, I never would have imagined this the first time I spoke to him, but It's fine I guess. "What are you getting so excited about, Naru?" I asked. "This is the first time I ever left the village! I'm a traveler now!" He answered. "Have you really not gone out of the village yet?" I asked as we started walking. "Nope! Have you?" he asked. "Yeah. Well, I'm not from this village in the first place."

     Naru gave me a questioning look at that. I guess he thought I was from this village. "Your last name is Hatake, I thought you're somehow related to Kakashi-sensei. And I know for a fact that Hatake's are from this village," Sasuke countered. "Ah, well," I hesitantly said, but then remembered that my last name is now 'Namikaze'. "Um, I was just born out of this village, and never got the chance to visit up until now. And I'm not related to Kakashi-sensei. My real name's Akira Namikaze," I smiled.

     Sakura gaped at this, and Sasuke's eyes widened. "But isn't that the fourth hokage's last name?" Sakura asked. "What really?!" Naru exclaimed with wide eyes. "Yeah, he's my uncle," I calmly replied, the close-eyed-smile never leaving my face. "WOW! THAT'S AMAZING!!!!" Naruto shouted, a bit too loud 'cause I don't think my ears are gonna hold out any longer. "Thanks, Naru," I replied. If only you knew that it's your last name too, Naruto, if only you knew....

     As we were walking, I noticed a puddle. How stupid can these ninja be? Heh, this is gonna be fun. I ran to the puddle and started jumping in it. "Yay! A puddle! Don't remember the last time I saw these!" I exclaimed. I gave Kakashi-sensei a knowing look, which he mirrored. The rest gave me a look of weirdness. Yes, even I can be weird sometimes even though I'm a princess. Not that they know though(except for Kakashi). I then continued walking. Soon, I felt not very strong chakra behind us. 'Kakashi' then got shredded by chains. "Kakashi-sensei!" Naru called out.

      Then two of the ninja came behind Naruto, who froze up immediately. Sasuke stopped them from doing the same thing to Naruto, and kicked their sorry faces. I handled the third ninja punching his stomach, and sending him flying to a tree. But he got up after a few seconds, so I did some hand signs.

     "Water Style: Liquid Bullet!" I thought as water came shooting to the ninja, who then fell unconscious. While that was happening, Sakura protected Tazuna as one of the ninja came at him, while the other to Naruto. Kakashi stopped the one going for Tazuna, and I stopped the one going for Naru, but not before he slashed Naru's hand.

      "Sorry I didn't come help you earlier Naruto. I just didn't think you'd freeze up like that. Good job Sasuke, Akira. That was a good show. You too Sakura," Kakashi said. "Hey, dobe," Sasuke said turning towards Naru. "What?" Naru asked. "You're not hurt are you, Scaredy-cat," Sasuke insulted. I immediately hit Sasuke on the head. Now I know Naru is annoying sometimes -- okay, maybe most of the times, but he's still my friend and I won't stand down when someone insults my friends.

     Sasuke grunted at the impact. Naru looked like he was going to lash out on Sasuke, but was interrupted by Kakashi, "Naruto, stand still. Those ninja had poison in their claws. We need to take it out quickly. Moving around will only spread it further. By the way, Mr. Tazuna....We need to talk."

     "They're chunin from the village hidden in the mist. Their specialty is relentless attack. They keep fighting no matter what the sacrifice," Kakashi said after tying up the ninja on a tree. "How did you know about our ambush?" one of the mist ninja asked. "Puh-lease. A puddle on a clear, sunny day?" I started and glanced at all of them with a face. "When it hasn't rained for weeks?" Kakashi continued as he shook his head. "Some ninja you are," I finished, crossing my arms and putting my weight on one leg.