||Ch.1|| another job, another target

~Mark's P.OV.~

  I sighed, standing in a dark alley way of the small village that surrounded the castle. I grunted, he was late. If you ever wanted me to kill somebody for you, you had to prove yourself to be worth my time. Basically, you had to have money...and.. I gritted my teeth,

Be on time.

  It is one of my worse pet peeves, don't ask me why, because I don't really have a answer. It's just a part of me, I'm not a very patient person, and that makes me more intimidating in my job as an assassin.

  I slipped out a beat up pack of cigarettes, taking one out and slipping the pack back into my back pocket. I put the edge of the cigarette in my mouth, taking out my small pocket lighter, lighting the other end of the cigarette. I put my lighter away like I did my pack of cigarettes. I then inhaled a breath of smoke from the cigarette, using two fingers to take it out of my mouth and slightly away from my face as I exhaled the smoke.

  I repeated this action until a figure casted a shadow at the entrance of the alleyway. I grinned,

"Finally showed up, eh? Give me a good reason to not slaughter you where you stand."

  He tossed me a leather pouch. I opened it, seeing double the pay we agreed on before. My grin reappeared as I took two of the many gold coins from the pouch, admiring their shining qualities.

  He shifted nervously as I took the cigarette I was smoking and dropped it to the ground. I stomped it out, kicking it aside before looking back at him, my brown eyes observing his actions.

"Well?" I grumbled, my impatience once again surfacing.

"I need you to kill the prince."

  I was taken aback, nobody ever paid me to kill the prince.

"Excuse me?"

"Prince Sean, I want him dead, and by that, I mean I want you to kill him."

"Hmm...a prince target...an extra advanced job, I'll have to get past the guards without raising suspicion... and that will be a pain in the ass because those bastards will accuse a stray cat for murder."

"I have more money."

  His reply caused me to chuckle,

"You really want him dead, don't you?"

  He stayed silent and still until he finally spoke up,

"So, do we have a deal, Mr. Fischbach?"

I smirked, walking up to him and shaking his hand,

"We have a deal, Mr. Kjellberg."

~

It's short, I know ;-; but I need to get through introducing the main characters before I can write longer chapters and progress through the plot more. So, until next time, I bid you all farewell~!