Chapter 2

Derek's P.O.V

My phone just rang. UNKNOWN was shown across the top of my screen.

"Hello"

"HI Derek"

"Oh my gosh. Richard. Longtime no speak."

"Yeah. Longtime."

"So how have you been these past years?"

"Good. Thank you. How about you?"

" Same here."

" So I was calling to not ask, but beg you to come work for me. Our former Chief of Neurosurgery has recently passed. Please Derek."

I thought about it for a second.

"Hello. Are you still there?"

"Yes I am. I've thought about it and i have decided to take it. I need a change of atmosphere and I miss my ferry boats. I'll be there tomorrow morning."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

I shut the phone.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

At the Airport

On ticket to Seattle,Washington please. I will not miss you Washington,D.C.

On the Plane

" Please sit and fasten your seat belts ," I heard the pilot say over the intercom.

I got comfortable and started daydreaming as the plane took off. I was disturbed when a woman yelled across the plane to someone who I am assuming is her daughter screeching out,"Meredith." It's like a light bulb just lit up in my head. Meredith. My heart stopped as I heard that name. It took me forever to get over Meredith but now shes back in my brain again. I need to win her back in my life.

Flashback

" I took the job"

Meredith's smile dropped, "you what," she said as a tear rolled down her left check. I wiped it off with the side of my right hand.

"So your leaving me," she said in a whisper. My heart stopped. Just the sound of her saying that makes me want to punch myself in the gut for what I have done to her.

"I'm sorry Meredith."

"Oh. No need to be sorry," she said as she replied back with a sarcastic tone. " In your world, your career comes first, then people."

"I'm sorry, "I replied back to her with a sympathetic tone in my voice.

"We're done," she said as she gave me a quick hug goodbye and a kiss on the cheek. Then she ran to her car. That was my last time inhaling my favorite scent, the scent of her lavender scented hair. Oh I love that smell so much. I just wish I could smell it one more time.

My daydreaming was interrupted by the sound of the pilot's voice through the intercom saying, " We have finally arrive at Seattle,Washington. Enjoy your stay. Thank you for choosing DABB Airlines." Well that was quick.

After I got off the plane, I got my bags off the carousel and headed to get a taxi.

As I closed the door, the driver said, " where to?" I replied back, " to Seattle Grace Hospital."