Chapter 37 Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Well Noah what I'm going to ask you next your not going to like it but I need you to hear me out."

"Okay, what is it?" He asked unsure.

"Well with me and Aroura now moving to the fate kingdom I have no one to take my place as Alpha, and as my best friend and Beta to this pack I'm offering the position to you." I watched as his mouth hung open with shock.

"Jason I-I'm honored but I can't I don't know how to-" I cut Noah off with a scoff.

"Noah if any one in this pack could do your job I would them in here right now." I looked at him with determination. "You are the only one who can do this, maybe even better than me."

"Jason I accept your offer." Noah said before looking at Aroura and me with a seance of longing. I smirked before speaking,

"You know, Alphas have a better sense of smell, that includes a better chance of finding your mate sooner." I smiled slightly when Noah sat straighter.

"I'll do it." He says, making me smile.

"Great have everyone gathered in the backyard at six sharp." I said before nodding signaling I was finished. As soon as he left I softly woke Aroura up, wanting to get some food in her she hadn't been getting a lot to eat lately and that was partly my fault.

"Aroura please wake up I need to get you some food." I said making her groan before she sits up, rubbing her eyes.

"Thank you," I said "and after dinner I'm going to take you for a run."

She nodded before she stood up,walking down stairs to get some food. And by the time she had had some food she was awake a little bit more.

"You ready?" I asked, receiving a nod for an answer as she put her dirty dishes in the sink. I held her hand as we walked out to the edge of the forest line. We hid out of view of the house before taking of all of our clothes and stashing them I a tree branch where no one would bother them. Shifting felt better than I thought it should probably due to us not shifting a lot lately.

'You good?' I mind linked her before we bolted off into the forest her small white form surprisingly keeping up with me.

After about half an hour we sat down next to a river trying to catch our breath. I nuzzled and licked around her neck my wolf wanting to comfort his mate. I knew she wanted to know about Jasper and my reasons for acting so harshly.

'Come on let's get back to the house, I want to talk to you before we have to get ready for Noah's Alpha ceremony.'

She nodded before we ran back to the house. I took her hand, smiling when I saw her blush, and led her upstairs to our room. Laying down on the bed pulling her next to me.

"First of all I'm very sorry for the way I acted last night-"

"Jason it's okay-" I cut her off before she can finish,

"No Aroura, it's not okay I used to treat you like dirt but not anymore from now on I'm going to tell you everything no matter if it make me uncomfortable. You are my mate, my world, and I refuse to treat you like that." I paused for a moment, thinking of how I wanted this worded.

"I was born first and then Jasper two minutes after. He had always been slightly envious of me since people always payed attention to me from the Alpha gene, but despite that I always treated him like an equal. It was the night that they were killed that he had just suddenly disappeared and we thought nothing of it since we thought he was just slightly jealous. I haven't seen him since and to think of why he would be here now just worries me." I get slightly choked up at my next though, "I just... I don't want anything to happen to you."