On the way home, Lexie and Mark said little. The rain was pouring outside their car, but neither of them noticed. The desire which had been temporarily sated in the conference room was hot and heavy between them, but they were also both thinking about the significance of what had just transpired. They had said they loved each other, and that changed everything.

When they got back to the apartment, Lexie and Mark dropped their coats and boots in the front hall, and walked slowly to the bedroom. Once there, Mark took her hand and led her over to the bed. Lexie trembled when she saw the look on Mark's face. This was beyond need, beyond reason. This was love. Lexie knew somewhere in the deep recesses of her mind that this night had started out about passion, but she couldn't remember when it had turned into more than that. She stood still and closed her eyes, as Mark slowly dragged his fingers down the opening of her shirt. Gently, he undid all the catches, button by button, with only his forefinger and middle finger. He didn't kiss her, but his hot breath blew warmly against her forehead. He placed the flat of his hand across her chest, above her breasts. His other hand joined it, and then he pushed the remaining fabric off of her arms.

He said nothing, but each action was more tender and loving than the last. He wrapped his right arm around her ribcage and undid her bra, pulling it off her gently. Instead of immediately touching her, Mark kissed the tops of her shoulders where the bra had left indentations. Lexie slid her hands into his hair, and pulled his mouth to hers. His lips slid across hers in a drugging dance, and it was only when she felt as though he had traced every curve of her lips that his tongue entered her mouth. Pressing his tongue up against her own, Lexie felt as though all her nerve endings were exploding at once. This was compounded by Mark's hand which had made the journey to her breast. As he kissed her, his thumb was circling her nipple with gentle and tender flicks.

"Mark," Lexie cried against his mouth. "I want to feel you too."

He stopped his torment, and Lexie used the opportunity to gently drag the hem of his t-shirt up over his head. As she did, her hands spread across his chest running trough the springy hairs she encountered. And when she began to touch him the way he had her, Mark pulled her flush against him kissing her again.

His hands moved down to the button of her jeans as she kissed him, and soon she was shimming out of them, clad only in her lace underwear. He then lifted her in his arms, settling their bodies at just the right angle so that when she wrapped her legs around his hips, she felt his hardness against her.

"Lexie," he murmured against her lips. "How do you do this to me?" His voice was filled with as much wonder as he had that first night they were together. And as he settled her on the bed, Lexie realized she felt the same way. This was just as fresh for her as it was for him. They must have been together fifty times at least by now, and yet every touch seemed to be one of exploration, every kiss seemed to be meant to learn, and every moment felt better than the previous. Lexie wondered if it would always be like this. If they had the power to be forever young in these moments together.

Lexie popped open the buttons on his pants, and helped him rid himself of them. Mark tossed them behind him, and settled back on top of Lexie. Their underwear was the only barrier now, and Lexie soon discovered that two scraps of fabric did nothing to deter Mark.

His lips found hers again, as he then kissed his way down her body and settled at her right breast where he teased and tormented the hard bud with eager flicks of his tongue. Mark repeated the torment on her other breast, while his hand slipped down under the lace of her panties. His fingers found her hot and ready flesh, and he began to stroke her with lazy touches of his fingers. Lexie began to toss her head as he touched her, unable to reach that peak without him inside her. As she felt herself fill with desire, Lexie reached into his boxers and cupped his hard length. She stroked it slowly, only stopping when she heard his answering groan.