But that was not to be. When she got to the hospital, it was in an uproar because of a death row patient who was being treated. Christina immediately set her the task of running labs and Lexie was blown off course from her original intent of finding Mark. She did catch a glimpse of him at one point, but he was headed in the opposite direction. Her paranoid mind wondered it he had turned when he saw her coming, but she quickly dismissed that thought. Lexie knew it would be a tedious day until she could find Mark, so she instead spent her day going over the events of the previous night in her mind.

It had felt like a stranger had taken over her body the night before. Some force, and she knew not which one, had taken her from the locker room at Seattle Grace to Mark's hotel room without stopping. And when he had opened the door, all the feelings that she had ever felt in her entire life seemed to push her in the door and give her the courage to put it all on the line. But there had been that awful moment when all the insecurities that she had ever had came to the surface as he seemed to be resisting her.

She had hated herself for asking, "Come on, am I really so bad?" But that small vulnerability seemed to be what had propelled him into action.

Before she had realized it, he was there and she was in his arms. His lips had moved surely back and forth across hers and Lexie had not been able to think. Her pathetic attempt at seduction could never have anticipated this. He was hard and yet his lips were soft, coaxing a response from her own. The seducer became the seduced, and Lexie began to wonder how she had lived for so long without ever knowing perfection such as this.

Soon they had moved to the bed, their lips never parting. Mark had helped her removed her remaining clothing and only broke their kiss to remove his own shirt. When he had pulled it over his head, he had looked down at her and for the first time, Lexie had felt truly beautiful. The way he was looking at her made her feel alive, in a way that nothing had before. It was there in his eyes, and Lexie had been able to see it.

He wanted her. Her. Lexie Grey, rejected sister and enabling daughter and forgotten friend. She was desired.

"Lexie," He had whispered as he ran his fingers across her bare skin. She had blinked back the tears which sprang unbidden to her eyes and looked up at the man who was about to become part of her.

There were no words to describe this.

And when he had finally settled his naked body onto her own, Lexie had parted her legs, wrapped them around his waist, and felt as though the missing puzzle pieces which had seemed ephemeral her entire life were finally coming together.

Breath had hissed out of his lips as he had slid into her, and it had caught in her throat when he had begun to move. Lexie wanted to say something, anything, but his movements were robbing her of the ability to think and speak.

She hadn't known. No one could have. She had heard it whispered, but never could she have imagined that it could be like this. Like the kind of pleasure and passion that only existed in stories and books with naked and writhing bodies on the cover. She had experienced good sex, but that meant nothing now. Not when she was confronted with the idea that she had never even known what sex really was until Mark slid into her body.

She vaguely wondered if anyone else in the world could have known what this felt like. Lexie thought not.

And Mark seemed to feel it too. When they had both come in a rush of pleasure and screaming, he collapsed on top of her. His chest was expanding hard and fast as it struggled to get air back into it. He had laid there, crushing her, and she had loved every moment of it.

Finally, she had whispered, "I never knew..."

And he had replied, "Neither did I."

Lexie wondered briefly if they meant the same thing, but then she dismissed the thought and kissed his shoulder.