‘’So, what do you have next?’’ Jessie asked beside me, still with a smile. I wonder whether she ever stopped smiling.

‘’AP English,’’ I muttered.

Her smile fell slightly. ‘’Well, I have Biology so I guess I’ll see you at lunch?’’

Wow. I don’t have to sit alone. I smiled and nodded.

‘’Great!’’ she replied and headed off.

I reached my English class late but the teacher didn’t say anything but just sent me to a seat next to a girl with glasses but hers were better than mine. She had black hair and blue eyes. She was really cute!

‘’Hi, I’m Nina.’’

She smiled shyly before replying, ‘’I know. I’m Marissa.’’

Laughter from the back of the class interrupted us.

‘’Oh, look! Freak and Nerd-show are getting along so well!’’

Once again the class laughed and it was like déjà vu from first period. I looked back to see Barbie laughing like a hyena. She hi-fived some guy sitting near her before leaning back in her seat and reaching up to Cole to give him a kiss. I gagged mentally.

‘’Enough!’’ the teacher shouted. ‘’Nicole! I have had it with you. I gave you a final warning last lesson. You are interrupting my class and I told you no PDA! Move seats with Nina.’’

‘’But Mrs. Anderson!’’ she whined in her high-pitched voice that I had to refrain from putting my hands on my ears. But Mrs. Anderson wasn’t having it.

‘’Now!’’

I looked at Marissa who looked like she was about to cry. I nudged her slightly. ‘’Don’t let her get to you.’’

She gave me a surprised smile. ‘’You’re just like my best friend. She says the same thing.’’

‘’Well, you should listen to her. See you at lunch?’’ She nodded and I got up, making my way to the back of the class. I passed Nicole who put her foot out and I almost tripped. The class laughed again. My hands clenched. She so needed a lesson.

I took my seat next to Cole. Damn that boy looked better up close. I realised I was staring when he raised an eyebrow at me. Sexy. What?! I looked away embarrassed.

‘’So class, I want to continue reading from wherever you left off from last lesson. Nina, you have some catching up to do with your reading.’’ I just nodded at her and got to it.

Half way through, Cole was on his phone typing away. The silence in the class made his fingers hitting the keys sound even louder. I tried to ignore it but I just couldn’t.

‘’Can you put your phone away?’’ I hissed. He looked up at me and raised his eyebrow again. I guess it was his trademark thing or something because he just gave me a smirk and went back to his phone. So infuriating! After a while I gave up reading and just stared at my book blankly. If I wanted to get the story of Romeo and Juliet properly, I would just have to read up in my own time.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, except for a few nasty comments here and there. Lunch arrived and I made my way to the cafeteria. I spotted Jessie at a table near the corner but not too far back. I bought a sandwich and made my way to her.

‘’Hey!’’ Jessie smiled at me. She was sitting with a girl who turned around and I looked at her in surprise.

‘’Marissa?’’ Jessie looked from Marissa to me and back.

‘’You guys have met? Awesome! Now I don’t have to do the introductions.’’ I chuckled at her.

‘’Is she always this happy?’’ I asked Marissa who just laughed.

‘’Hey! I’m sitting right here you know.’’ I smirked at her in response.

Looking around the cafeteria, the noisiest table was the one in the middle and yep, you guessed it right; it was filled with jocks and cheerleaders. Of course Nicole and her boyfriend were there too. Then there was a table right at the back where the emos’ were and another table with what looked like nerds. Total American high school cliché.

Jessie noticed me looking around. ‘’So, I’m assuming you’re from the UK since you have an English accent?’’ I just nodded, not wanting to give out any more information. She continued, ‘’Well, as you already know, Nicole is the Queen bee of high school here and her boyfriend is the captain of the football team. Yeah, I know another cliché. Nicole is a slut but her boyfriend doesn’t know or doesn’t seem to care. They all are rich. Nicole has been cheerleading captain for a while and she is deathly afraid of spiders. Cole is, well, Cole. He is rude, arrogant and mean. He and Nicole make the perfect couple.’’ Jessie finished all in one breath. I nodded slowly trying to take in the new info.

I looked at the table ahead of us and Nicole seemed to be sitting on Cole’s lap. Her eyes met mine and she gave a death glare but I kept my expression blank and looked away. I went back to my sandwich when an idea hit me…

That took a while! Here's chapter 1 :) It isn't the best and there's probably some grammatical errors but hey I don't have a Masters in English or anything so I guess it's expected... Anyway, I wonder what idea Nina got ;) Hmmm... Until next time!

Comment. Vote.