Chapter 2- Definetly A Chick

"So you just found this?" Colin says referring to the journal and I nod. "Who do you think wrote it?"

"A person, I really have no idea"

"Well it's definitely a chick. I say tonight we print these out and post them around the school-"

"No Col, that would be violating that persons privacy. How about we put up posters saying lost journal, please contact Logan Hudson if it's yours?" I say and he smiles

"That's a genius idea! But mines better" he says and I roll my eyes

"Thanks, I gotta go to tutoring, come over tomorrow and we will print out posters" I say while walking away and he nods. I walk to the library and I see Charlie but she looks like she's been crying.

"Hey Charlie, you okay?" She sniffles

"I'm fine. Let's get to work" she says and I take out my chemistry homework.

"Alright so basically I don't understand all of this" I say while circling my paper and she chuckles.

"Okay well it's pretty simple, if you put it in y=mX+b form, it would be y=3x+b. Solve for b" she says and I nod

"Okay so then if I carry the 8 to the other side I'll get b=3 " I say and she shakes her head

"You were close. Basically you have to take two points given and plug it into the equation so it would become 8=3(2) +b. 3 times 2 is 6. Subtract 6 on both sides and you get b=2" she says and I look at her like she has 3 heads

"Alright, let's put it this way. You have a quarterback aka 8, a receiver aka 3. Then you have the ball aka 2, and finally defense which is b. The quarterback passes the ball to the receiver who needs both the ball and himself to run to the touchdown line, so you would multiply 3 and 2 to get six. Next the receiver passes the ball to the quarterback again which makes the feet left to the touchdown go down to 2. Therefore 2 is b which is how many feet left the quarterback has left to reach the touchdown area" I think she explained all of that wrong but at least she tried.

"I still don't get it"

"Okay umm..."
6 explanations later...
"This is useless!" I complain

"It's not useless-"

"Yes it is! I'm waisting your time by not understanding this"

"Exactly, which is why I am here to help, because you don't get it. I am going to be here for as long as it takes" she says and I look at the clock

"Don't you have a volleyball game?" I say and she gathers her stuff

"Okay, I'll be here until 3 o'clock! I'll see you again tomorrow, bye" She says while running out the door and I chuckle. She really is something.

I get up and meet Colin at the front entrance of the gym, we walk in together and sit in the bleachers just in time.

"Here they are the Knights!" The announcer Jimmy says and the girls come out and we all cheer.
------
"And the Knights win!" Jimmy says and we all cheer. The girls grab their bags and I am approached by Charlie's best friend Layla

"Hey Logan, hey Colin. What's up guys?"

"Layla, stop flirting and let's go" Charlie says with a smile and Layla sighs

"I'll meet you at the car" Layla says and Charlie rolls her eyes and walks outside.

"Layla, ask Charlie if I can come over tomorrow for tutoring, I am having a pop quiz in math on Monday"

"Oooh no can do buddy" she says while shaking her head

"Why not?"

"Nobody has ever been to her house, not even me. Nobody questions it, we just invite her over our homes" Layla says and I chuckle

"That's ridiculous, give me her number I'll ask her myself" I say while giving her my phone and she types in the number but I realize that I already have her saved from seventh grade.

"Alright well I guess I'll see you guys Monday, I gotta go otherwise Charlie's gonna be so mad at me" she says with a chuckle and we wave

I text Charlie and ask her if I can come over tomorrow for tutoring and she replied "My family is not going to be home tomorrow so you can't come. We can meet at the park, do you want to do that?"

So I replied with a yes.

"Remember when you had a massive crush on her?" Colin asks me and I laugh

"I never had a crush on Layla" I say and he gives me an 'are you stupid?' Look and I roll my eyes

"You know who I am talking about" he says and I nod

"Yeah I remember... When we separated, I was sad but she probably was too"

"Remember that time that you gave her chocolates in fourth grade and you two ended up sick for 3 days?" He says and we both laugh at the memory

"Hey, I didn't know that you were supposed to read the label on the box back then"

"I remember your mom lecturing you about it. She got so mad, I was actually afraid, I'll never forget that day" he says with a laugh which causes me to laugh too. I'll never forget that day either, my mom got so mad at me that Colin was afraid of her and didn't want to come to the house for a week.

"Good times..."

"What happened to your friendship with her anyways?" Colin asks and I shrug

"I really don't know, we kind of just drifted apart. We both started doing sports, work became harder, she basically shut me out. I remember going to her house and her brother Ethan answered the door and gave me a note from her. The note basically said that she's sorry that she doesn't talk as much, sports and school had her going crazy and that she'll text me. She never did"

"Wow, I'm sorry man" He says and I shake my head

"It's not your fault"

"So when are we going to print out those pages-"

"I told you, we're not. We are going to say that we found it and if it's yours to contact us. That's all. No printing out pages"

"But what if nobody claims it?"

"Then... We print out pages" I say and he starts dancing which causes me to chuckle.
------
Once I woke up, I got dressed, ate breakfast, and now I am walking To the park. I stop in my tracks when I see Charlie writing in a book that looks a lot like the journal I found.

It can't be her right? Nah, it's just a coincidence.