Are You Serious Kitten

"Hey Zinnia," a voice from the distance calls out.

Instead of being in the wheelchair, I'm on a soft plushy dark green couch in the HSS room. I had a book in my hand and was quietly reading to myself but often reminiscent about what happened yesterday. It's a lot to take in with all of the changes and new people.

I look up to see who spoke to me. Lilli sat down next to me with a huge grin on her face.

"Hi," I reply looking back at my book.

"I can't hold this in anymore," she says.

She looks around to make sure everyone's a safe distance away.

"I think I'm in love," she whispers.

Umm why am I being informed about this.

"That's....nice," I reply.

"But I have a predicament," she continues.

"And that is..."

"He's my brother's best friend, and my brother won't be okay with us being together," she says.

"Have you tried to talk with your brother about this? Or maybe even talk to the guy you're 'in love' with and try to work something out with him about telling your brother," I tell her.

"Thank you so much Z," she says hugging me. She squeezes me hard and finally lets me go.

"So what's going on with you and Sam," Lilli asks.

"Nothing, he's just my friend," I reply.

"Well if that's so then let me set you up on a date with my brother Jacob. He actually has the same eye thing as you. Heterochromia. I think both of you would look very cute together," she rambles.

"Um no thank you," I reply.

"Please Z at least meet him."

I barely know you so why should I meet your brother.

"I'll consider it."

"Yay thanks Z," she says hugging me again.

Don't get me wrong I love a good hug but this is just a squeezing fest for her.

"Well I gotta go talk to Monica for a bit. I'll talk to you soon. Oh and here's my brother's number," she says scribbling it on a piece of paper. She hands the paper to me and skips to Monica.

I grab the paper and shove it in my pocket. Finally, peace and quiet to finish my book. I snuggle myself into the couch and try to get into the book.

"Whatcha reading Kitten," a playful voice calls out.

"Go away Arsen."

"No can do. I want to talk to you. Hey that rhymed," he says.

I roll my eyes at him.

"So I have a very important question to ask you," he says seriously.

"Shoot," I say sitting up straighter. I've never seen Arsen look this serious.

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor," he asks with a goofy smile.

"Goodbye Arsen," I say agitatedly.

"Where are you going," he asks.

"No where you're leaving."

"I'll leave if you answer my question," he says scooting closer to me.

"I haven't had ice cream in 10 years. I don't remember, now go away," I replied, looking at my book.

"Are you serious Kitten. 10 years?!"