"Who Wears The Pants"

"Let's take you back to your room. You've had a long day," I tell Zinnia.

"Alright," she says.

I put her back into the wheelchair and brought her back to her room. Once we're in her room I pick her up and put her in the bed and pull the covers over her.

"Do you wanna watch a movie," she asks.

"Sure."

"What kind of movie do you want to watch?" I ask, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV.

"Can we watch The Intern," she asks.

"Yeah," I say, renting the movie.

I get in the bed and under the covers. I stay far from her so she won't feel uncomfortable. I really want to get closer and just hold her, but she's starting to talk to me more and I don't want to screw that up. Throughout the movie I get closer and closer to her until finally my arm is around her waist. Once the ending credits came on I looked down at her to see she was knocked out and softly snoring. I get up to turn the lights off and I get back in the bed.

I know it's wrong to stay but I really don't want to leave. I pulled the covers over us and put my arm around her waist again and pulled her closer.

^^^^^

I'm awoken by the creaking of the door. I know it's not Kitten because I can still feel her. I opened one eye and looked at the door.

"They're so cute together Kathy," I hear my mom say.

"Let me take a pic," Aunt Kathy said.

"Go away," I groan, closing my eyes.

"Arsen stop being an ass and go back to sleep so I can get a picture," Aunt Kathy says.

"Out," I say pointing to the door.

"But Arsie I-"

"Bye mom," I mumble.

"You're no fun," I hear her say under her breath closing the door.

I snuggle closer to Zinnia and tighten my arm around her waist.

"Arsie get Zinnia up, you have school in a hour," Mom says, barging in.

I groan.

I get out of bed and go straight to my bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face.

I left my bathroom and went back to the room where Zinnia is.

"Kitten...Kitten darling wake up... Kitten."

She slowly stirs and opens her beautiful eyes.

"Morning gorgeous. We have school today. I'll get Mom or Aunt Kathy to help you get dressed and stuff."

She slowly nods her head and tries to sit up.

I smile and slowly walk back to my room and grab my phone to text Aunt Kathy.

A: Can you help Zinnia get ready?

AK: 👌🏻

I turn my phone off and go to my dresser. I grab clothes to wear for the day and quickly put them on trying to get back to Kitten. I grab my backpack and head downstairs.

"Arsen, Zinnia, Parker, Dominic come eat," Julianne shouts.

I go to the kitchen and kiss my mom's cheek.

"Morning Arsie. I'm guessing you slept well," she says with a wink.

"Bye mom," I say ignoring her comment.