The Best Friend

Arsen POV:

Once I make sure Kitten is buckled up, I put the wheel chair in the trunk of Aunt Kathy's black Mercedes.

"Arsen do you have practice today," Aunt Kathy asks, buckling up her seat belt.

"Yeah it ends at 6," I responded hopping into the car.

"Ugh Arsen I swear I'm going to have a word with that coach of yours," Aunt Kathy says aggravated driving to school.

"No, leave that man alone Aunt Kathy," I say.

I look in the back seat to see Kitten munching on breakfast. God I wish I didn't have to go to practice today. I'd much rather spend my time with her.

"Zinnia and I will be at the mall as soon as school ends so we'll pick you up from practice," Aunt Kathy exclaims with a ginormous smile spreading on her face.

"We are," Kitten questions with her mouth full.

"Of course we are silly. You need a whole new wardrobe and since tomorrow's Saturday me, you, and Julianne will have a mani pedi and we'll go to the hairdresser," Aunt Kathy says excitedly.

"But I wanted to spend time with Kitten on Saturday," I say.

"Stop pouting Arsen. You'll spend Sunday with her."

"I'm not pouting, and I have a game on Sunday," I retort.

"You're such a baby Arsie. You can hang out with her before the game then she can watch you play and y'all can hang out after the game. Jeez."

I roll my eyes. I'm not a baby.

"We are finally here," Aunt Kathy says parking in the teacher parking lot.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car. I open the trunk and grab the wheel chair and put it on the ground while Aunt Kathy gets out of the car to set it up. I open the door and help Kitten out. I pick her up in bridal style and help her into the wheelchair.

"Thanks," she mumbles.

"Okay kids. Let's go to my classroom so I can write Arsen a pass to bring you to all of your classes, Zinnia," Aunt Kathy says.

"That's unnecessary Kathy I can bring myself to my classes," Kitten says.

"Don't be silly Arsen will be more than happy to bring you, right Arsen," Aunt Kathy says.

"Right," I say, winking at Kitten. Yes! This is my chance to spend time with her besides the HSS.

^^^^^^^

Zinnia POV:

"Here's your pass Arsie and here's Zinnia's schedule," Kathy says, handing the papers to Arsen. This is crazy. I don't need him to bring me to my classes. It's gonna lead to rumors and problems.

"Thanks Aunt Kathy we'll see you later. Come on Kitten let's take you to your locker first," Arsen says rolling me out of the room.

"So I was wondering if you'd like to sit with me and my friends during lunch," Arsen asks nervously.

"Um I don't know I kind of have to-"

"Great. So I'll bring you to the table so Sam can watch you while I buy our lunch," Arsen says cutting me off.

I sigh.

"Can I have your combination," he asks in front of my locker.

"29-15-28."

"Thanks Kitten."

He grabs a few notebooks and then closes my locker. He grabs the handles of my wheelchair and pushes me to his locker.

"So are you excited to go shopping with Aunt Kathy and Mom," Arsen asks.

"I guess. I don't really go shopping," I respond.

"I think you'll like to go shopping with them," he says.

I just shrug.

"ARSEN BESTIE," an irritating voice shouts running over here. The girl has blonde hair and green eyes. Her hair is curled and her lips are a nudish pinkish color. The girl jumps in Arsen's arm giving him a bear hug nearly squeezing the poor guy to death.

"Hey Kelly," he says hugging her back. He lets go of the hug but she isn't letting up.

"Kelly meet Kitten. Kitten this is Kelly my friend," Arsen says introducing her to me.

I nod my head acknowledging her presence.

"I'm his BEST FRIEND", she says emphasizing best friend.

I nod my head again.

"So Arsen wanna hang out after school," Kelly asks.

"Sorry Kells but I have practice," Arsen responds.

"What about tomorrow?"

"Babysitting Parker and Dominic."

"Sunday?"

"I'm hanging out with Kitten tomorrow," he says.

"Oh okay," she grits through her teeth",

Suddenly everything's dark.

"Guess who," a warm voice says.

"Sam," I question.

"Correct," he says, putting his hands down.

"How you feeling beautiful," he asks.

"I feel useless. I can't even get to class by myself," I say honestly.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. I can bring you to your classes," he says.

"NO," Arsen shouts.

"I mean I'm already assigned to bring her to her classes," Arsen says.

"Maybe next time then. You look gorgeous by the way," Sam says.

"Thank you Sam," I responded.

"How do I look Sammy," Kelly says.

"Don't call me Sammy and I don't know you look like a prostitute like usual," Sam responds.

My jaw drops and I try not to burst out in laughter.

"How dare you," she says.

"Oh I thought that's what you wanted to achieve," he says laughing.

"That's enough you two," Arsen says.

"I've got to get Kitten to class. We'll see both of you at lunch," he continues.

"What do you mean we'll," Kelly says.

"Kitten is gonna sit with us at lunch."

"That's great."

"Are you serious?!" Sam and Kelly say at the same time.

"Arsen we don't have enough seats for her," Kelly says.

"Kelly your fucking stupid she has her own seat," Sam backfires gesturing to the wheelchair.

"Shut the hell up Samuel. Arsen there isn't enough space for her," Kelly says.

"Then we'll make space Kelly," Arsen says.

"We gotta go," he says.