The Day in the Life of A Mermaid

Rikki shoves me out of the house after a stressful conversation on how I can't have any 'accidents' at school. She walks me to the school carefully and drops me off at the front door.
"Rikki! I'll be fine, don't worry about it!" I say.
"Okay then. See you Sara," she says. I wave and we walk our separate ways. I get to my locker and see Rachael.
"Hey Ray!" I say as I get my stuff out of my locker.
"Hey," she says, "How was your study date?" She asks. I roll my eyes at her.
"It wasn't a date, okay! We just studied in his room and then we... Yeah, we just studied!" I say. She looks at me skeptically.
"What else did you do?" She says.
"Nothing else. We just studied," I say. She shrugs and we head to class. We arrive in the class and take our seats. A few minutes later the bell rings. The teacher begins to teach and there is a knock on the door. Connor walks into the room and sits next to me. I smile at him and he smiles back. I look at Ray to find her turned the other way. I try to pay attention to the lesson, but something keeps bothering me.
At lunch I sit with Rachael and Connor.
"So do you guys want to hang out after school at the beach our something?" Ray says. Connor and I look at each other.
"Uh, I have something to do today," I say as I play with my broccoli.
"Uh yeah and I have to help my mom cook or something," he says. Rachael looks at us.
"If you didn't want to hang out, you could have just said no," she says. She gets ready to get up.
"No Ray, it's not like that," I say. She sits back down.
"Then why don't you want to go to the beach?" She says.
"I-I do, and I will," I say. Connor's eyes widen and her looks at me. 'It's okay' I mouth. He shakes his head slightly.
"Are you sure?" Ray asks. I nod.
"Yep!" I say.
"Okay then. Meet me out side my trailer at four," she says.
"Okay," I say. Connor sighs and I give him a 'what?' look. He shakes his head and gets up to throw his trash away. Rachael and I also throw our trash away and we all wait for lunch to be over.
Rikki picks me up at the normal time.
"What's up, kiddo?" She says. I shake my head.
"Anything exciting happen at school?" She asks. I shake my head again.
"Are you ignoring me or is your head broken?" She asks and laughs. I don't laugh. She stops walking and looks at me.
"Something happened," she says. I shake my head.
"Then what's up?" She asks.
"Nothing, okay! Just, nothing!" I shout. Rikki looks hurt.
"Well okay then, grumpy gills," she says. We arrive at our trailer shortly after. Rikki goes to our room and leaves me in the living room alone. I check the time. 3:30p.m. I sigh and pull out my homework. By the time I finish math it's four o' clock. Crap! I jump off the couch and grab a towel from the bathroom. I listen to Rikki snore through the door of our bed room. I silently laugh and shake my head. I slip out of the trailer and go to Rachael's.
"Hey!" I say.
"Hey!" She says, she looks me up and down. "Why don't you have a bathing suit on?" She asks.
"Um, I don't really feel like swimming today so I'll just stay on the sand," I say.
"Um, okay!" She says and we head to the beach.

A/N: Hey so I know this is a little late-
Steve: A little?
Me: You know what? Shut up Steve! Anyway I'm sorry and I just want to tell you that I will try to stay on schedule as best as I can. Okay have a great night/day! Love you all, bye!