The Study Adventure

I pack up my stuff and go to Connor's locker where he is just getting his backpack on.
"Hey Connor!" I say.
"Hey Chadwick, you ready?" He says. I nod and we walk out of the building. We walk to his house and go in.
"Woah!" I say. The house is huge. It has floor to ceiling windows on one side of the living room with a beautiful view of the ocean. Then on the other side stairs leading up to the second floor.
"Hey mom!" Connor says as he closes the door.
"Hey honey! Hello Sara!" Mrs.Bennett says. I wave.
"Mom we're just going to go upstairs and maybe later take a walk!" Connor says. Mrs.Bennett nods.
"Okay, I'll make you two some snacks!" She says as she makes her way to the kitchen. We head upstairs and go into Connor's room. I look around the huge room.
"Do you really need a trampoline bed?" I ask. He laughs.
"Hey, sometimes you just need to jump on the bed!" He says. We put our backpacks on the ground and started to jump on the bed. Mrs. Bennett comes in and laughs.
"You guys should get to work, don't you think?" She says.
"Yeah, we should!" Connor says sitting down as we get the snacks and our homework out. We start studying but I get distracted staring at Connor.
"Ya know, it's kind of hard to concentrate when you're staring at me!" He says smirking. I blush and look at my paper. He laughs.
"You're so cute when you blush," he says, then covers his mouth. I look up at him, surprised at the words that he just said.
"I-I mean... uh.... this is so awkward," he says and puts his head in his hands.
"It's fine! And by the way, I think you're cute too," I say. I'm pretty sure we're both as red as tomatoes.
We study till it is about 5:30 p.m. We put our books away and just sit on his bed.
"Let's go to Mako!" I say, remembering it's a full moon.
"Mako?!" Connor asks alarmed. He looked at me like I was crazy.
"Yeah!" I say.
"Why?" He says.
Should I tell him? Probably. But Rikki trusts me, and I don't want to lose that! Ugggh!
"You'll find out!" I say and get off the bed. I take my phone even though I won't be able to use it. Connor reluctantly gets up and follows me downstairs. We walk into the living room.
"Mom, we're uh, going for a walk!" Connor says.
"It's going to get dark soon, are you sure?" Mrs.Bennett says.
"Yeah, we'll be fine. Plus, I'll beat up anyone who tries to touch Sara!" He says flexing. Mrs.Bennett laughs while I stand there blushing.
"Okay Superman! Just be careful you two!" She says. We say okay and walk out the door.
"So, are you allowed to use your boat?" I say.
"Technically no, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind!" He says. I get in the boat and he unites it. He quickly jumps in and we head toward Mako Island.
We finally arrive at the island and the moon is just starting to rise.
"We only have a half an hour to get to the pool," I say. Connor looks at me.
"What pool?" He says.
I think it's time to tell him.
"Connor, have you ever thought about mermaids?" I ask, slowly easing into the topic. We start walking in the direction of the river. The girls explained where it was so all I needed to do was find it.
"Um, sure!" He says.
"Do you believe they're real?" I ask.
"Well, I mean it's a possibility," he says, "Why?"
"Well, um they are," I say. He starts laughing.
"Really? You really believe that!" He says. I can hear the river. The moon is almost in the right place.
"Yes, in fact, I know one!" I say. We approach the river and I hop across to the rock the girls said the entrance was in.
"Really? Who?" Connor says.
"I'm sure you know her too, come on!" I say. I fall down the hole and land in a tunnel. Connor follows and we are soon standing side by side.
"Woah! What is this place?" He says. I don't answer but keep walking. I spot the light of the moon pool.
"What?" I say as my hands brush over the newly restored rock.
"It healed!" I say.
"Was it broken?" Connor asks.
"Badly!" I say remembering that they said it was destroyed. The moon is almost over the pool now. I take off my shoes and tie them around my neck. I ease my self into the water until I'm chest deep.
"Are you sure this is safe?" Connor asks.
No, not really! But before you get in I need to ask you a question," I say.
"Sure what is it?" He says.
"Are you cool with never touching water in public again?"