New Study Buddy

I wake up to Rikki's snoring and dolphins?Rikki's alarm. I get up and see the sun just starting to rise. It's Thursday so I have to go to school. The seniors always end school early. I decide to wake up Rikki since we always walk to school together. Not caring that she doesn't have school.
"Rikki!" I yell. No reply. I swear if the trailer was on fire she would sleep through it. I sigh and grab my pillow. I walk to her side of the room and gently step onto the bed being sure not to wake Rikki up to soon.
"Rikki!!!!!" I yell loudly and jump on the bed while beating her with a pillow.
"Get off!" She groggily says.
"No!" I say and flop onto her. She tries to push me off but, I don't move.
"I'm serious," she says.
"And I am seriously not going to get up!" I say and continue to lay on her.
"Sara get off!" She says as she pushes me to the other side of her bed.
"I'm going to be late!" I whined still laying on her bed.
"Not my problem," she says and goes back to sleep. I get up and start walking to the bathroom.
"You better be up by the time I'm out!" I say going into the bathroom.
"Okay mom!" She says. I take my shower and get dressed. I brush my teeth and then grab some breakfast. I sit on the couch and wait for Rikki.

Ten minutes later Rikki emerges from our room. She comes into the living room and heads for the door.
"Come on!" She says. I hop off the couch, grab my backpack, and follow her out the door. We walk passed the cafe on the way to Gold Coast Middle School. I stare at the empty building and think about Rikki and Zane.

"Rikki?" I ask.
"Hmm?" She says. I can tell she's not paying attention.
"Do you ever think that you'll get back with Zane?" I ask. She tenses up and keeps walking. I decide to drop the subject.

We arrive at my school and we stop at the front doors. Rikki hasn't talked to me since I asked about her and Zane.
"Bye Rikki!" I say.
"Bye," she says and starts to walk away. I sigh but then remember the mermaid thing and how they all were supposed to tell me the truth.
"Rikki!" I yell across the lawn.
"What?" She says and turns around.
"Are we going over Cleo's after school?" I say.
"Yeah!" She replies.
"Okay! Bye!" I yell.
" Bye, Sara!" She says. I turn and go into the building. I walk towards my locker, looking down at the floor. I bump into someone and fall on the ground.
"Watch it!" I say and get up. I stand up and am met by brown eyes. I step back and look at the person. Connor Bennett, Zane's cousin. He has brown hair, brown eyes, and I might have a little crush on him.
"Uh h-hi, Connor," I say, blushing. He smiles.
"Hey, Chadwick," he says.
"I didn't see you at the party yesterday," I say. He shrugs.
"Didn't want to go. Why go to a party when you can surf!" he says and I laugh. Then the bell rings.
"Shall we go to class?" He asks. I smile.
"Yeah I just have to get my stuff and Rachael!" I say and we walk to my locker where Rachael is waiting.
"Hey you two!" she says and smirks. Connor and I blush and I get my stuff. We walk to our first class together and the day goes pretty normal. Until the end of school.

Connor walks up to my locker as I'm putting on my backpack.
"Hey, um, you got a second?" He says. I think about Rikki and the girls. Then I think about Connor. I smile.
"Sure!" I say. He smiles nervously and we start walking to the front doors.
"Um, so you know how we, uh, have that science test next week?" He says and rubs the back of his neck. I chuckle at his awkwardness and step outside with him.
"Yeah!" I say. He laughs awkwardly.
"So, uh, I was wondering if we could, um, study at my place," he says. I stare at him surprised. He stares back at me, waiting for me too answer.
"Uh, yeah, sure!" I say. I'm pretty sure my face is just as red as his is.
"Okay, cool! Tomorrow then?" He asks. I smile and nod.
"I'll see what Rikki says, but I'd love to!" I say. He smiles.
"Alright! See you tomorrow Chadwick!" He says as he starts to walk away.
"See ya!" I say back. I see Rikki walking up to the school. I'm pretty sure there's a hint of a smirk on her face. She points to Connor who is walking away and back to me then makes a heart, as she approaches. I roll my eyes and playfully hit her.
"Your so childish!" I say. She laughs as we walk to Cleo's house.
"So, what were you and Connor talking about?" She asks. I blush.
"Stuff!" I say.
"Come on!" She says.
"Fine! He asks me to study with him after school tomorrow!" I say. She turns to me.
"What did you say?" She asks. I laugh at her eagerness.
"I said, I would check with you to see if it's okay," I say. She smirks again.
"You really want to go huh?" She asks.
"Well, yeah!" I say.
"You like him right?" She says.
"Duh!" I say, annoyed.
"You promise you won't do anything too risky?" She asks. She winks at me and laughs. I look at her astonished.
"Rikki! I'm thirteen!" I yell. She chuckles and holds her hands up in surrender. I laugh with her.
"Okay, okay! You can go!" She says as we walk up to Cleo door.
"Really? Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I say and jump up and hug her. She laughs at me and knocks on the door. Me grinning like an idiot. Cleo opens the door and we step in. I look into the Setori's living room and see Bella, Will, Lewis, and Zane. Wait, Zane! Lewis! Will! They knew! Little did I know how unprepared I was for what they were about to tell me.