↠ 3 ↞

"So if you're hurting babe, just let your heart be free. You got a friend in me. I'll be a shoulder at anytime you need. Baby I believe." - Rudimental

"No! I'm not going back to the institute. Not without fixing Simon." Clary protested as she tried pulling away from Jace's grip.

Jace sighed, Clary could be so stubborn sometimes. "Clary it's just for a while, a forsaken attacked the institute, Alec was hurt. I'm betting it was after the cup. Plus, Izzy said that Alec had an announcement. After that I promise we will go help Simon." He said and then gave her a short kiss on the lips. "Okay?"

Clary nodded reluctantly. "Okay, but as soon as Alec has announced whatever it is that he needs to announce, you're helping me sneak out to help Simon."

Jace just continued to pull her back to the institute. How could one mundane- sorry, vampire now, make his blood boil so easily?

---

Izzy got off of the office table that she was sitting on as soon as she spotted Jace and Clary enter the institute. "Oh good, you're back. You're in so much trouble with mom and dad."

"Yeah, yeah. Where are they? You said Alec had something to say." Jace said.

"They're all gathered in dad's office, c'mon."

The three shadowhunters walked in Robert's office to find Robert, Maryse, Alec, Thea, and even Max gathered by the sofas near the fireplace.

"Jace!" Max and Thea exclaimed simultaneously as they got up to hug him.

"Hey! Max! Thea! You're back." Jace said as he embraced the two. "Was this the announcement? That you're back here?"

"Partly." Thea smirked as she walked back to Alec who embraced her from behind which caused Clary to raise an eyebrow.

"Then by all means, do tell." Jace gestured for them to continue on as he led Clary to sit on the couch next to Izzy.

Alec and Thea looked at each other and smiled, and as Alec kissed her forehead he said, "We're engaged

Alec and Thea looked at each other and smiled, and as Alec kissed her forehead he said, "We're engaged."

Thea looked at her soon to be family, her eyes landing on Maryse. "This could also help restore your family name." She said hoping to please her. She may be the Clave's envoy, and she might be the one in charge of the institute right now but Maryse was still her beloved's mother.

"Of course, why didn't we think of it Robert, she's a Blackthorn after all." Maryse smiled at Alec and Thea with pride while Izzy, Jace and Robert exchanged exasperated looks at her comment.

"Well I for one don't care. Blackthorn or not, I'm so happy for you." Izzy said as she got up to give Thea a bone crushing hug.

Max got up to hug both her and Izzy since she still hasn't let go. "Welcome to the family Thea!"