↠ 2 ↞

"You're taking my heart by storm, I'm lost in your love."   - Ruelle

Isabelle and Magnus Bane were in the institute's laboratory, poking and prodding the dead forsaken body laying in front of them.

"How is Alexander? I was hoping I might hear from him but I suppose he's quite busy." Magnus wondered aloud as he examined the body with magic.

He then began listing the things keeping Alec so preoccupied. "What with Clary's arrival..."

"Valentine's return." Izzy added.

"Running the institute."

"The Clave."

"What about the envoy? Who I hear is very impressive."

"Oh Alec doesn't really need to worry about that. Turns out Thea Blackthorn is the envoy. Remember the girl in Alec's memory that he was too panicked to see?"

This got Magnus' attention away from the forsaken. "Oh really?"

Izzy however was still dead set on it. "Yeah, she's Alec's longtime girlfriend and my parabatai." 

She then looked up to see a slightly disappointed Magnus. "Sorry..."

She may have been amused that Magnus Bane took interest in her brother, since she knew that her brother was bi, but she was still rooting for her best friend. Thea and Alec have been together for ages.

Magnus smiled. "It's quite alright dear. I'm glad Alexander has his happy escape from all the responsibilities your parents seem to be loading him with."

This made Izzy smile as well.

---

"Magnus." Alec greeted as Magnus Bane walked into the training room.

"I have the preliminary results from autopsy." Magnus said as he handed a folder to him.

"Why are you giving this to me? This should go to the head of the institute." Alec said bitterly

"And it is."

Alec shook his. "I'm not... and I never will be."

"Don't lose hope, I'm sure your girlfriend is working hard to help your family regain the institute."

"It's not just that, it's like everything I've ever known-"

"Is not what you thought." Magnus finished for him.

"I followed everything that my parents and the Clave has asked of me but then I find out that..." Alec trailed off in frustration, he's still thinking about what Luke said about his parents.

Magnus just nodded in understanding. "C'mon then, let's give them the results. I'm interested in meeting this little girlfriend of yours."

Alec let out a small chuckle and then led Magnus to his father's office.

"What else can we do to prove to the Clave that all we've done is to try and stop Valentine?" Alec and Magnus heard Maryse strained voice.

"And what has the Clave done?" Robert asked bitterly. "Nothing."

"Yes it seems like the Clave is doing everything they can to make you comply. You know what they really want, and your background with the Circle is... proving to be difficult." came Thea's soft reply.

Robert scoffed.

"Yes and unfortunately Clary Fairchild is proving to be difficult as well." Maryse stated.