I let out a huge breath. "You can do this, Anna. You've been waiting for this the whole week. You just gotta say yes and you're good."

I bounced on the balls of my feet, ignoring the sound of water slapping against the tiled floor. "Oh my god! Can I really do this? Like really? Oh my gosh."

I pulled at the roots of my wet hair, pondering on what could happen tonight. It was giving me jitters and my stomach was churning. Now, I wished that Tori didn't tell me that Austin was about to ask me out. It only made me feel like a kid who was expecting a surprise for her birthday.

It's so stupid.

But do I really wanted to be Austin's official girlfriend? Yes. I really do.

With that thought in mind, my usual thirty-five minute shower turned to fifteen as excitement and adrenaline traveled through my veins.

Finally!

***

"You look really pretty," Austin said. His eyes traveled slowly from my face down to my boots. I pursed my lips, trying to calm down as my cheeks slowly started to warm up despite the cold.

I was fidgeting. I completed the whole I-am-so-aware-that-something-relevant-might-happen look. Dammit. All it took was four words for my knees to buckle and for butterflies that felt like American Eagles to attack my stomach in a ramble.

"You don't look bad yourself too," I complimented him back, smiling shyly and pulling at the hem of my cardigan.

He was wearing a deep gray pull-over sweatshirt, dark jeans, a pair of Doc Martens and a gray beanie. I had to resist the urge to coo. Seeing him in DM's was really, really coo worthy though. Oh, and how could I forget the cute beanie that matched his sweatshirt?

There was a tinge of pinkness on the tip of his nose and some that had spread through out his cheeks - probably from the cold. He looked extra cute today, whereas I probably looked like a stressed-out baby sitter who baby sat male triplets alone for three straight days. But to boost my confidence, even for just a little bit, I just believed the compliment that he told me.

"Ready to go?" Austin asked, pointing his thumb over to somewhere behind him. I moved my head a little to look over at whatever he was pointing at, only to see a shiny dark blue Sedan near the huge tree that our neighbor had in his driveway.

"Holy- oh my gosh! Is that your actual ride?"

He shrugged. "I'd say our ride, since we would be both using it tonight, but sure."

I stood there, gaping at the really fancy ride he had. It was obviously still new from the way the roof glistened marvelously against the moonlight. I was never the kind of girl who knew every thing there was to know about cars, but I sure did know a good one when I see one.

Daydreaming about my own fancy ride surely did help. Especially if I had to run to Google every time for extra help.

"You lucky butt!"

"It's a birthday and Christmas gift all at one."

"It's still a freaking Sedan!"

Austin let out a bark of laughter, shaking his head at my reaction. Why, a good shiny Sedan sure deserved a gasp of awe.

"I sure do appreciate the fact that you seem to in love with my birthday gift," he said.

I nodded absentmindedly. Oh, I was definitely in awe with his car. "Can we go ride him no- wait. That sounded so wrong even to my ears."