|8| n u t s

"Hmm you called me Anna." I cooed upon reaching him. Bumping my arm playfully against his, causing him to stagger a little bit and glare at me. In which, I just gave him an impish grin in return.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he denied, putting some distance between us by stepping away from me.

I snorted, rolling my eyes at his poor attempt in lying. If he wanted to maintain his facade. He should've stuck with 'Angela' and refrained himself from calling me, my real name.

"Aha. Keep telling yourself that." I said in a sing-song voice and stuck my tongue out playfully.

He halted in his steps and turned to face me. His eyebrows raised and his eyes held confusion. "Why would I call you Anna if it's not your name?"

I gasped, placing my hand over my chest in mock surprise. "Are you kidding me? Keep calling me Angela and I'll call you buttface." I said, my voiced laced with challenge and annoyance.

He shrugged before turning his back to me and sauntering towards Silver Paradise. "I don't mind. Because unlike you, I know my real name."

What the actual bananas? This guy must eat nuts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Heck, I think he even eat nuts for snacks because he is indeed nuts. Nuts beyond words can express.

"I know my real name! It's you who doesn't know my name!" I screeched furiously. Reaching out to him, I thwacked my purse with extra force than necessary against his arm causing him to yelp. "Ow. Ah shit." he cursed, rubbing his arm soothingly and glared at me.

"I know your name. It's Angela!" he snapped, still soothing his arm that I hit with my black, sparkly purse from Forever 21 that I bought two months ago.

"You're despicable." I spat out. Huffing and crossing my arms over my chest.

Austin is unbelievably annoying. Treating me like an immature kid and acting as if he doesn't really know my name, when in fact he does. If he thinks I am stupid for a writer because I can't clearly see where he's pointing at, he must speak for himself because he can't even remember or, admit to remember my four letter name, that's been the heroine of a well-known novel and the leading lady of Christian.

But I still couldn't help it but smile a little, remembering that he knows my name even if he denies it. It gives me that certain happiness that you only get from simple things. Like when you see a star sparkling in the night sky, a cute little kid, having trouble tying his shoelaces. Seeing a hot boy pass by and you accidentally sniff his cologne and so much more.

On other thoughts, maybe I am just like that. Simple things make me happy, just like Austin calling me by real name and I won't deny it.

"Can you walk a little faster? My grandma can walk faster than you and she even had crutches." he called out to me. His back still to my face as we approach the nightclub.

Deciding to just roll my eyes and ignore his stupidity, my eyes roved over the exterior of Silver Paradise, taking note of how intimidating it is up close. It has this dangerous yet tempting vibe to it and an expensive touch. Making my tummy churn and my hands turn sweaty. It felt like going to my first party over again.

The same nauseous feeling that you try to keep in. That anticipation and excitement, sending tingles to your toes and to the back of your neck and the nervousness that comes along with it, thinking of all the possibilities that may come out of a bottle of beer or so.

Reaching the front steps of Silver Paradise, a man with a huge built in his early thirties with a bald head approached us as he guarded the entrance. He's wearing black slacks and a tight black shirt, that's tucked in under his leather black-belt. Emphasizing his biceps that might explode if you poke it with your finger. From the faint glow of the light outside, I can see three piercings by his left ear, only adding to his intimidating stance.