|31| m i l k s h a k e

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" The words spilled out of my mouth without control. My eyes tightly shut together and my hands fisted over Austin's shirt.

What made me think that I could actually enjoy riding a two-wheeled vehicle with a speed that could remove my face as it slapped against the wind? Stupid. It was a stupid and horrible idea. An idea that probably amused the hell out of the wicked butt in front of me. "Hey, it's okay. It's over now," he cooed, wrapping his hand around mine in a soothing manner.

My heart beated frantically against my chest again. And I wondered if he can feel it, with the way I am pressed up so close to him on this monstrous vehicle.

"Hey, Angela. Anna."

I felt his hand on my cheeks - soothing and gentle, while the other traced soft circles on my palm - obviously trying to calm me down. It somehow worked, of course, I like the guy so it would work. Liking someone is as irrational as that. I slowly, one by one opened my eyes, squinting at the bright ray of sunshine that's hitting my face.

"That was so out of my comfort zone," I told him, removing my garsp from his shirt.

He chuckled lightly. His torso was slightly twisted to my direction so that he could face me.

His face is just a few inches away from mine, causing me to feel that new, yet familiar current. Slowly pulling me to look straight in his eyes. And I did. My brown eyes bored into his hazel ones - drowning me, washing me in pools and waves of liquid feelings. The flow smooth yet it felt like tidal wave. Raw and full of power. A small gasp escaped my parted lips when he leaned in. I braced myself for the impact, shut my eyes close. One, two, three...

"Mom! Mom! Look they're gonna kiss!"

My eyes shot open. Like a cold bucket of ice poured onto the crippling sound of wood in fire, the magic died. It vaporized - leaving only the smoke and shadow of its existence.

And of course, it left a whole lot of pure awkwardness. I coughed awkwardly and discreetly tried to cover my burning face with my hair as I lean away from him.

"Son, stop that. Let's go! Goodness, kids these days." I whipped my head towards the sound of the voice, and my face reached a whole new level of redness when I saw a middle-aged woman half-dragging, half-pulling her son away from where we are. She has a disgusted look on her face as she stormed away from Giliet's - a local diner in our small town.

The kid's head was still turned towards our direction, his eyes are expectant and curious. And I groaned out loud.

"Hey you okay?" I looked over at Austin and frowned.

"The kid just saw us! We were just about to..." I looked at him helplesslesly.

"About to?" He casually asked, a grin tugging at his lips.

"To... y'know?"

"What?"

"Ugh. You know what, forget it. I'm climbing off this stupid thing," I muttered exasperately, climbing off the bike without ease and grace, also accidentally dropping the helmet that I held.

Once I managed to stand up properly and pick-up the helmet, I smoothened out my shirt and cleared my throat before pushing the helmet towards him. Intentionally, hitting his torso.

He let out a muffled 'oomph' and I nearly smiled out in satisfaction. Huh, you deserve that for making me ride this stupid thing and for teasing the hell out of me.

Buttface.

"You're such a sadist, you know that?" He said as he climbed off the bike (with ease unlike me) too.