Silent Night: Chapter 12

By the time that we arrived at zach's place we had little detail about what our plan would play out as, some ideas was ok considering we never really tired to look for someone who has been kidnapped before, and so with that we deiced tot have another look through over our plans might be best. most of it seemed reasonable to me, you know the usually track down the person who has been kidnapped and try to save them, something i think that we can do better than the cops, and in allot more time also,.

we knew her usually hangout spots and where she loved to shop so we decided to start there and ask the people who worked in the stores if she was acting strange in the past few weeks. sadly we didn't get any thing that would helps us in our search for her, everyday for the past month we have be searching for clues and everyday we would hit a new roadblock. as frustrating as it as been. it seems that we have gotten farther than what the police has in the last couple of months. but now that I'm thinking about it a kidnapping in our town isn't really that big of a concern because it's mostly runaway teenagers who get into an argument with their parent and decide the way to get them back is to run away and let them worry for about a week or to, yea kids in our town are labled as the runaway teens so yea not a big deal to them. this whole case has gotten the whole town shaken something like this is very rare for it to be more than a runaway kinda case, everyone knew star and knew that she wouldn't be on of the teen who would run away i mean what would that really prove to anyone but that if you cant handle something right then and there than you would just run away from the problem, but not star she would never run away she would always face the problem right in the face, so i think that when she did go missing that this wasn't one of the normal cases we usually get.

"So, we called and checked all the places that she hangs out at and they all said they never seen her there" said zach, while plumping down on his couch grabbing the remote and turning his TV on the music video channel

"I know but they strange thing is, it happened out of nowhere and all of a sudden, i think that's what has everyone here confused about this case"

"The police are no help at all, it doesn't even seem like they are trying their best to figure out what happened"

"I think that since something like this never happened,, that they don't really know how to handle this, that i can understand but couldn't they get help from other police stations around this town"

"no your police task force is to proud to get help from another police station, they would think that they wouldn't be able to handle a case like this" zach replied back

"um dont they mean that THEY cant handle a case as unique as this one"

'i guess" zach said shrugging this shoulders and turning his attention back to his tv

sighing i get up and walk into his kitchen to find something to drink, as a pass his counter i noticed something familiar and i pick it up and examine it. It's a picture of a man, a man who looks so familiar to me. Then I realized who it was Tha man in the picture the one standing beside Zach and Star and thier parents is no other than my dad. My heart starts to race and my breathing get shallow and I get light headed, I have to grab on the counter for support. So many questions ran through my head. How can he still be in my life and he is dead? How did he know Zach and Star's family? Could this possibly lead to people finding out who I really am? Once I feel like I have the strength to move. I pick up the picture and walk back into the living room where Zach is still occupied with the tv. I take the picture and drop it in his lap. But I have to be careful about the questions I ask, so as to not arouse suspension.

"The guy in the picture do you know him somehow?" I ask him as innocent as I could.

"You don't know?" He asked me confused

"No" I said shaking my head

"Well he was a long time friend of my parents and Star's and he had a wife , son and daughter I think. But people said he went Ballistic and killed his son and daughter because his wife supposedly left him. It's crazy because since he been a good friend of my family. It was hard to believe he would do something like that. I guess you never really know with people nowadays, but despite what he did, overall he seemed like a really nice guy."

Ugh a nice guy huh yea ok....

"That's aweful, did you know his kids?"

"Not personally, I've seen them on occasions here and there, but now that you mentioned it you do kind of resemble the daughter a little bit" he said with a hint of suspicion to his voice while he held my stare. On that second the suspension was gone and replaced with laughter.

"Strange right, that you would resemble that psycho's daughter hub Liz" he chuckled

"Ha yea crazy" I say wile I stir uncomfortably in my seat.

It a werid thing to forget things that have had no bad influence over you life. I had no idea that I even knew Zach and star's family when I was younger. It kind of makes sense when I first met them here when I moved and I felt a sense of familiarity with them. If they only knew that my dad was always a drunk and a bad drunk at that, and that they reason he tried to kill me is because I ran away from him. I was sick and tired of his abuse and I think my mom was to. That why she was planning to leave him until she got killed. No matter what i will always love the dad he was before he became a miserable drunk. Who likes to hit his kids and punish them for the most ridicules things. it seems that even though he is out of my life, I can't escape him. He's in the new twin that I moved to. These people knew the Charlie that he put on for stranger not the really Charlie. If anyone knew the real Charlie I'm sure my life would've turned out differently.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------