Chapter 2 (Revised)

After days filled with nothing but eating, sleeping, and the occasional diaper change, I've come to a startling realization—I've been transformed into a baby. It's a bizarre twist of fate, to say the least, and experiencing my own birth firsthand only adds to the surreal nature of it all.

But life as a baby is anything but thrilling. It's a monotonous cycle of feeding, napping, and repeating, leaving me feeling utterly bored and disconnected from the world around me. Perhaps that's why my new mother seems concerned; she must wonder why I lack the usual energy and enthusiasm of other infants. Little does she know, I'm grappling with the absurdity of my situation, unable to act or even comprehend what's happening to me.

"Christina, are you alright?" A worried voice once again asks, its form blurred in my limited vision. My eyes strain to focus, but all I see is a hazy figure hovering over me. Who knew a baby's vision could be so blurry?

And then there's the matter of mobility—or rather, the lack thereof. My body feels like it's been turned to jelly, immobilizing me completely. I can't even turn my head, let alone move my limbs. The only solace I find is in the movement of my tiny fingers, a small semblance of control in an otherwise helpless state.

But perhaps the most frustrating aspect of this infant existence is the fleeting nature of consciousness. Just as I begin to grasp my surroundings, sleep sweeps over me, dragging me back into unconsciousness for hours on end.

And then there's the bodily functions—pooping and peeing—a process I never imagined I'd have to endure. It's utterly revolting, and I can't bear to dwell on the details.

To make matters worse, I'm faced with the prospect of being fed through breast, a concept that feels uncomfortably intimate given my adult consciousness. If only there were another way to nourish myself.

Life as a baby is nothing short of torture, especially for someone who's already experienced adulthood. I can only hope that time passes swiftly, and I can leave this infantile existence behind me as soon as possible.

***

As the months passed, a gradual clarity washed over my vision, allowing me to discern objects in greater detail and at farther distances.

With this newfound clarity, I seized every opportunity to gather information about my second life, despite the limitations imposed by my infancy, my investigations yielded results in a matter of days.

It soon became apparent to me that I had been born into poverty in this new existence. The initial excitement of a fresh start soured as this reality set in. It seemed fate had deemed my previous stroke of luck in reincarnation to be the last I would receive, leaving me to navigate the challenges of this life with a burden of misfortune I hadn't anticipated.

I gaze upon our humble abode once more. It's quaint, constructed from sturdy wood, with a thatched roof providing shelter. Inside, the furnishings are minimal—a rustic table and chairs, simple cooking utensils, and sleeping mats laid out on the floor. The space serves as a multipurpose room, functioning as our kitchen, living area, and bedroom all in one. The absence of a bathroom is a concern, but for now, I push the thought aside and focus on adapting to my new reality.

As I turn my head, my gaze falls upon my mother, a vision of beauty that rivals the most enchanting of stars in my previous existence. Her face, delicately sculpted as if by divine hands, possesses an otherworldly allure that leaves me spellbound. Cascading down like strands of silk, her blonde hair shimmers with a radiant glow, reminiscent of sunlight captured in liquid gold.