Chapter 29 (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, how did it go for her in New York?" I asked.

"Good. I think she's gonna get some really great work this year. The people there love her."

"Great for her," I grinned softly.

After Camila and I's discussion on Saturday, she actually talked to Taylor about it while she was out of town. Camila told her that she was still in love with me and that she just wanted to be friends with Taylor. It sounded a little heartbreaking to be honest since I knew Taylor liked Camila. But thankfully Taylor understood and knew even if they did date, it wouldn't last since she would be working and traveling a lot. I felt kind of sorry for her but hey, Camila was mine even though we were being friends.

_______________________

"Tonight's the night," Diggins started. "The big opening night for those of you in the musical. I hope you're all prepared and ready. You've worked so hard and I'm so proud of each and every one of you. I know tonight will be worth it," she smiled. "Today's class will just be a free period for both sides. Actors, you can relax, drink tea, look over scripts, rehearse anything you'd like and the other side, relax as well and do whatever."

"So, have the nerves you hit you yet?" Camila turned toward me.

"Nope. Not till probably I change," I said.

"Ah alright. Last minute nerves...interesting," she smirked.

I laughed, "What about you?"

"I'm actually good too. I thought I'd be freaking out all day but I just can't feel it yet."

"Not too good though, right? Some nerves are beneficial for a good performance," I pointed, acting concerned.

"Yeah, but we've been working so hard on this thing and I'm just excited to finally perform it."

"Ugh me too. I know I said Les Mis was one of my faves, but I'm not seeing this thing on Broadway for at least another year."

"Aww you aren't going to miss the box office guy?" she giggled. I knew him quite well since I always went there for tickets.

"Roger? Eh he'll be alright. We'll just get coffee sometime," I laughed.

_____________________

Camila's POV

"Ready for your big opening night?" Taylor asked once I sat down in the chair for makeup.

"I guess," I sighed. The nerves were now hitting me. "But I'm getting quite nervous now."

"Well, from what I've seen, I think you're going to own it. You're so talented, Milz, and you deserve all the success," Taylor praised.

"Thank you so much, Tay," I smiled. Even though we weren't going to date, Taylor was still incredibly sweet and a nice friend. "You know, maybe we can hang out this summer?"

"Maybe, but as you know, I'm going to be working a lot. I've got booked for a few things already in LA, Paris, and London that start in late May after graduation. And then it just keeps getting busier."

"Aww that's gonna be tiring," I frowned as she finished applying foundation.

"It is but it's my dream," she grinned. "But I'll definitely come and visit you whenever I'm in New York."

"You better," I teased.

____________________

"Hey," Lauren walked in kind of awkwardly. The show was going to start in 30 minutes but we didn't have to go on for another hour after that.