Chapter 29 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"So, what are you and Camila doing now?" she asked.

"We're just being friends and she went back to using Dinah's phone so we could snapchat and text," I answered.

"Did you talk in homeroom this morning?"

"We did and I talked about therapy and what I do in there. I explained that I mostly talk about her, my addiction and Keana."

"What have you said about Keana?" her eyes widened.

"Our past and her influence on me," I shrugged.

"You really told Mila about that?"

"Well, yeah. We're friends now and I tell my friends everything."

"Friends," she chuckled. "It's weird yet funny to think of you two as that."

"It's weird to think of us as ex-girlfriends. But we'll soon be back together where we belong," I grinned.

"Thank God," she sighed. "I love you guys," she winked.

"Me too," I agreed, softly smiling.

"When you guys get back together, you should go on a vacation," Ariana chimed in.

"That'd be fun. A nice get away to catch up on things...and the you know," Normani wiggled her eyebrows.

I snorted, "Oh my God you guys. Well, I still want to take her to New York with us in May." Instead of going to New York with just my family, Normani, Ally, and Dinah were going with us to look at apartments we could live in for next year. I already planned on inviting Camila first before the whole Valentine's day incident but maybe she could still go.

"Do you think you'll be ready by then?" she asked.

"Maybe. I don't know, it's kind of unpredictable with these things, you know?" I answered.

"Yeah, you take your time, Lolo," my best friend patted my back.

"Thanks and even if I'm not ready, I'd still take her."

"But what about her parents? You're still banned from talking to her and they would never let her go anywhere let alone New York with you...again."

"Oh yeah," I slumped. I forgot about Camila's parents still being the way they were.

Camila's home life still hasn't been very pleasant. She told me that her parents didn't get her anything for her birthday. Her extended family, friends obviously, and sister did but not her own parents. Not even an at home celebration or decorations. That was so upsetting to hear I mean, she was their daughter and they didn't even acknowledge her birthday very much. I just felt so terrible for her. She had to go home every day scolding and not talking to her mom and dad. I couldn't imagine how hard that must've been and it's been like that for almost a month. Camila didn't even tell anyone else about her birthday except for me because she felt too sad and embarrassed. Now, I got to thinking.

"Hey, what'd you get Camila for her birthday?" I asked Normani.

"The girls teamed up and we got her a Kate Spade purse."

"Oh okay," I nodded.

"Why?"

"I think I'm gonna throw her a party."

"Throw Camila a birthday party?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. She didn't have a good birthday and I have yet to get her something so maybe I could throw her the 18th birthday party she deserves. Aaaaand invite her to New York as her gift that I've been trying to give her since Valentine's day. I know she can't go with me but maybe if she said that Dinah, you, and Ally were just going, then maybe she would be allowed."