Welcome Home Gaby!

Start from the beginning

"Well then look in my computer, I swear you can be so helpless at times Ian." Nick excused himself from the table, and Gaby helped herself to Nick's french fries.

"Gaby?" A familiar voice called taking attention away from her delicious food when Gaby looked up into a pair of ocean blue eyes she cringed as she plastered on a fake smile.

"Hi Madeline," Gaby said as she stood up and tossed her napkin onto the table. "It's been too long," Gaby said as Madeline hugged her, and Gaby felt like she was about to vomit. Gaby never could stand Madeline just based on the fact that she carried herself and believed that she was the greatest thing to ever happen to the world.

"How have you been?" Gaby asked.

"I've been great but not as great as you," Madeline said as she rubbed Gaby's stomach. "Nick didn't tell me you're pregnant."

I bet he didn't.

Nick walked towards the table and once he saw Madeline talking with Gaby his smile instantly dropped.

Well, there goes the peace. Gaby watched Nick walk up to them, and Nick could have sworn he saw flames in her eyes.

"Nick you didn't tell me Madeline was visiting," Gaby said her face tight with tension as she fought to keep the smile on her face.

"Oh I'm not visiting I moved back a few months ago, Nick how could you not tell her that?" Madeline said as she hit him playfully on the arm.

"I have to get back to the office but Gaby we have to have lunch sometime and catch up."

"Sure." Madeline turned her attention to Nick who was busy praying that Gaby didn't stab him with a fork as soon as Madeline left.

"I'll see you at the meeting tonight." She said giving him a sultry grin as she walked away. Gaby stared at Nick for a few minutes before scoffing and grabbing her purse and headed towards the coat check.

"Gaby wait," Nick said as grabbed Gaby by the hand.

"Don't-" she warned.

"-Gabrielle just listen to me."

"-Nick let go of me."

"Let me take you home."

"No I can't stand to look at you let alone be trapped in a car with you, now let go." She hissed. Nick let Gaby go and went to get her coat. Nick let out an aggravated sigh as he watched her storm out of the restaurant.

**********

Gaby was so mad she could hear her blood vessels pop as she knocked on Lauryn's apartment door. When Lauryn opened the door and saw Gaby's face, she knew something was wrong.

"Uh-oh, what happened?" Lauryn asked as she let Gaby in and Gaby immediately told Lauryn everything that had happened. Gaby noticed the uneasy look on Lauryn's face and groaned as she sat back in her seat.

"You knew didn't you?"

"I did, but I just found out."

"Why didn't you tell me? I've been sitting around here looking like a complete idiot, thinking everything was okay."

"Everything is okay."

"No it's not Satan's spawn is back and I know Nick. All she had to do was blink in his direction, and he's like putty in her hands. My children are fatherless." She said with a sob.

"That's not true Gabrielle stop being so dramatic."

"I'm not being dramatic it's the truth. You don't know how crazy in love he was with Madeline. There is no telling what he did with her while I was gone." she said as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Nothing,"

"You don't know that."

"I told you he came and talked to me, and he's been trying to find a way to tell you, but he knew you would act this way."

"And he's right, Lauryn I'm scared, that woman is something else, and I know Nick can't resist her-her charms. That woman did two things I didn't think was possible?"

"Which was?"

"Get Nick to talk about marriage, and she broke up our friendship."

"No way,"

"Yes she did, when they got serious, I didn't speak to Nick for almost a year." Lauryn's jaw dropped.

"Not true, where was I when all of this was going on?"

"In Randy-land."

"Aww sweetie I'm sorry."

"I don't know what to do; I can't bear going through that again."

"You won't, Nick loves you Gaby, and he's not going to let that woman come between you. If he does, I have a grave picked out for him."

"While you're at it pick one out for Madeline," Gaby said with a slight laugh. Gaby sat back in her seat and then sat back up quickly and grabbed Lauryn's arms scaring Lauryn.

"What-What's wrong?"

"You didn't feel that?"

"Feel what?" Gaby felt the fluttering sensation again.

"I just felt it."

"I didn't feel anything." Gaby felt the sensation again, and it finally clicked.

"It's the babies, their moving!"

"Really?" Lauryn pressed her hand to Gaby's stomach and frowned after a few seconds passed.

"I don't feel anything are you sure it's not gas."

"Gas doesn't tickle," Gaby said with a laugh.

"Aww, Nick is going to flip when he finds out," Lauryn said, and Gaby just stared out into space as she tried not to think about her doomed future without Nick.