Chapter 13

"It was absolutely terrifying," Elizabeth sniffed. "They simply can't control themselves." 

"It wasn't that bad," Jackie countered, shaking her head to the PR staff who stared at her intently. "Really." 

Jackie and Elizabeth had stopped by the PR office in Kensington Palace, the hub of press and social media relations. She liked to stop by every once in a while to check up on the small staff and the Kensington Palace twitter, her brain-child. 

"They shoved the barricade down!" Elizabeth gasped. "They could have crushed you and the baby!" 

"That's what I have security for," Jackie responded. "And they did their job wonderfully." 

Elizabeth pursed her lips. "If it were up to me you'd stay in until the baby's born. When this frenzy is over." 

"You and Harry both," Jackie grumbled. "But really, I'm fine, the baby is fine, of course. No one even touched me, but the whole world is in a tizzy."  

"We've gotten about a thousand tweets asking if you are alright," one of the PR staffers said. He pulled up the Kensington Palace twitter on an iPad. "'OMG is Jackie okay?' 'What if they hurt the baby?' 'Is she okay?' 'Did she get taken to the hospital?'" 

Jackie rolled her eyes. "I went to the dinner and waved goodbye before I left!" 

"People love you, Jackie. They care." 

Jackie sighed. "Well, send a tweet out then. Say that the baby and I are both okay and that I appreciate their concern." 

(MayteTruyens )

(MayteTruyens )

The PR staffers typed up a few drafts before Elizabeth okayed one to be sent out. Jackie stayed around in the Kensington Palace PR office for a bit as the replies to the tweet rolled in, all bursting with relief. 

"Well, I've got to be going," Jackie said finally, standing up from the office chair. "Thank you all again, I love coming to visit." 

"Bye, Your Highness!" the PR staffers called, waving goodbye as Jackie and Elizabeth left the office and began striding down the halls of Kensington Palace. 

"You really ought to be more careful. By going out you are just fueling the fire," Elizabeth warned. 

Jackie shook her head. "Elizabeth I won't be cooped up for the rest of my pregnancy! I can't take it!" 

"I know it's difficult," Jackie's lady-in-waiting said softly. "But you and Catherine both should take it easy on the public appearances. I know it's important, especially to the boys, that you stay safe." 

Jackie let out a huff, thinking of Harry and William. They were obviously scarred from their mother's deadly encounter with the press some 17 years before. However, it was a new era. The Palace had cracked down on the dangerous antics of the paparazzi. Jackie didn't feel as though she or her baby were in danger. But, she didn't want to upset Harry.

"I'll consider it," Jackie agreed. 

"Good." Elizabeth stopped at the door to her office. "I'll see you tomorrow morning for your fitting for the Trooping the Colour dress." 

Jackie smiled. "Alright, Elizabeth, have a good rest of your day." 

"You too, Jackie. Rest!" Elizabeth called as she shut the door to her office. 

Jackie made her way down to the first floor of Kensington Palace by herself, smiling at the guards who were manning the door to the palace grounds. They held it open for her, and Jackie stepped out into the warm early-May air. 

Jackie was immediately greeted by two excited dogs. "Hello, boys," she said, squatting down to give both Rupert and Lupo a pet. 

"Hurry up! We've been waiting for ages!" Kate teased from where she stood with Harry and William on the path that led to the palace gardens. 

"You have not," Jackie scoffed with a smile. She went to join her husband and friends, the dogs are her heels."

Harry put an arm around Jackie's shoulders, "How are you feeling?" 

"Like I'm living in a plastic bubble," she teased. 

Harry smiled. "Good." 

The royal couples had taken to going for walks on the grounds of Kensington Palace as much as they could, bonding over baby preparations and the nice late-spring weather. 

"Do you two have your final names picked out?" Kate asked as the group set out onto the grassy lawn of the palace, headed for the stretch shielded with trees

The Queen's office had sent Jackie and Harry a list of "suggestions" for names for the baby. Because there was a small possibility the baby could end up taking the throne some day, it was apparently very important it have a proper name. The list consisted of traditional British names, mostly of successful past monarchs and members of the Royal Family. Harry and William both had 4 names (William Arthur Phillip Louis and Henry Charles Albert David), but Jackie thought 3 middle names was a bit overwhelming. She and Harry had decided to stick with a first name and 2 middle names for their baby. "We put some of our favorites on note cards and keep mixing them up in different combinations," Jackie said. "We're really torn on boy names." 

"Well, you don't need to worry about those, because it's going to be a girl," Kate said with a smile.

Jackie, Harry, and William laughed. Kate had been insisting since Jackie told them she was pregnant that the baby was going to be a girl, she just "knew". 

"I'm a bit indifferent on boy names, really," Jackie admitted. "I'll leave it up Harry." 

"What about girl names?" Kate pried. 

"Jackie Baker the Second," Harry answered. 

"Jacqueline Baker the Second," Jackie corrected. 

"Oh, whatever," Kate grumbled, trying to hide her smile. 

"And what about you two?" Jackie asked, linking her fingers with Harry's. "Naming the future monarch is quite the task."

"Well, Granny has been really involved," Will said. "We've pretty much narrowed it down to George for a boy, after Granny's father, and Charlotte for a girl, the feminine version of Charles, after dad." 

"Those are great names!" Jackie said with a grin. 

"What about middle names?" Harry asked. 

"Well, Jackie, I know I promised you that I would name my first born after you," Kate began. "So, Jackie Louisa Baker, William and I were thinking we could use Louis as a middle name for a boy, or Louisa for a girl." 

Jackie beamed. "I would love that." 

"Good!" Kate grinned. "Now, I expect you two to either have a Catherine or... whatever the boy version of Catherine is." 

---

What do you think Jackie and Harry's baby will be and do you have any guesses for the name?? I'd like to see if anyone can guess correctly :)