Chapter 16

Cole spent the next few days training to fight Devon which is useless. Cole is king after all so he should be more powerful than Devon. Cole was outside with one of the guards "fighting" him while I was leaning against one of the pillars that helped hold a statue of some warrior. One thing Cole must've forgotten is that the baby is due in less than a month now. I put a hand on my stomach and looked at it. The baby began kicking when she felt my touch.

"Don't worry baby, it'll only be a matter of time before daddy realizes this whole thing is pointless and he should be focusing on making sure you come out safe and sound", I said quietly.

"Come on Isabel I'm doing this for us", he said.

"I know but you've completely forgot we have a child on the way in less than a month", I said.

"Look the battle won't even begin until after the baby is born", he said.

"Okay I'm going inside. Come in when you feel like it or whatever", I said.

I walked inside and then heard his phone ring. Who could be calling him? I answered and a male voice was on the other end.

"Hello?", I asked.

"Hi is Cole there?", he asked.

"Yeah", I replied.

I covered the speaker so whoever was on the other end couldn't hear me.

"Cole", I said.

He came in seconds later and took the phone. I walked away and tried not to listen in on the call so I went upstairs to our room. In a month everything will be so different. There's gonna be a baby in the castle. Cole is gonna have to baby proof everything in the house. Cole came upstairs a few minutes later with a smile on his face.

"Who was that?", I asked.

"My friend from back when I was a young vampire. Him and his soul mate are gonna come stay with us for awhile. They have a Devon on their hands", he replied.

"Someone similar to Devon is after them?", I asked.

"Yeah and this is the only place with full protection", he replied.

"You didn't even ask me if it was okay", I said.

"I thought you'd be okay with it", he said.

"I am but ask me first next time. Maybe I didn't wanna be bothered with anyone else in the castle but since he's a friend of yours I'll let them stay. What's his name?", I asked.

"Connor. Don't worry he's cool", he replied.