Kids will be skeletons

Chloe's POV

"Alex put down the gun please."
Max begs with her hands in the air, her voice breaking with every word.
"I can't do that, you've seen me now, you know who I am."
"We won't say a thing."
Alex scoffs and stretches her arms.
My shin is killing me. The blood continues to flow and colors the wooden planks under me a crimson red.
"My mom always said you'd try anything to keep Chloe save. That's the only reason she let you life."
I feel my phone buzzing in the pocket of my jacket. Alex doesn't hear the noise as she continues to lecture Max.

William's POV

Come on, pick up already!
"Chloe Price here, leave a message after the..."
A beep interupts and I hang up.
She always picks up, to hell with it, one more time.
Straight to voice mail this time, what the fuck is going on.

Without trying a third time I take my jacket and grab the keys of my bike.
"Kya I'll be home in an hour, don't burn the house down again."
I yell at my sister, who is doing God knows what in her room.
Kya opens the door and responds.
"That happend one time!"

"Just make sure it doesn't happen again, I mean how hard could making toast be."
Kya storms down the stairs towards me and tries to tackle me, but I dodge in time making her crash into a wall.

"Nice dodge."
She mumbles while stretching her limbs.
"Thanks little one, I really have to go now take care of the dog please."
I raise my eyebrow at her as a warning, she rolls her eyes and hugs me.

"I know you are going to do something dangerous, stay safe ok?"
She says holding on to me.
I'm surprised by her hug amd the way she tightens her grip when I finally hug back. I can't tell her I'm going to look for our parents, it would be unnecessary panic that none of us need.

"I'll be home in a hour, promise."
I mess with Kya's hair and finally leave the house.
I was about to hop on my bike and drive towards Kate when I suddenly receive a text message from mom.

"Lighthouse gun no police!"

Without giving the text a second look I race in the direction of the lighthouse.

Max's POV

"What did you send!"
I yell at the crazed girl standing in front of me, happily wiggling the gun between her fingers.
"He's on his way."

Alex says with a menacing smile.
"You crazy bitch, leave my son out of this."
Chloe screams trying to stand but her gushing wounds won't allow her.
Alex stomps her foot down on the wooden planck floor.

"What did I say about your big mouth!"
She screams and aims the gun at Chloe. Chloe doesn't flinch and stares at Alex with hate and fire in her eyes towards the teenage girl with the loaded gun.

"No please! She won't survive another shot, please stop shooting her, shoot me instead."
I beg, I'm not thinking about the words leaving my mouth at this point I would do anything to keep Chloe alive.
Chloe looks at me shocked when she hears my last sentence and tries to say something but the sound of a gunshot clamours through the room and soon after that my screams.

The pain spreads through my whole body as my leg starts leaving a puddle of blood on the ground.
"If you guys keep pissing me off like this there won't be any bullets left for that lovely boy Will."

I want to scream at her for threatening my son but after three gunshots of which two were aimed at Chloe, I decide to keep my mouth shut and so does Chloe.
Alex takes a chair and crosses her legs as she sits down in front of us.
I slowly crawl towards Chloe while Alex keeps the gun aimed at me but she allows Chloe to lay in my arms as she is loosing colour.

"Please just call an ambulance and run away from here, just leave us, start over somewhere else."
Chloe mutters with all her strenght.

"I'm only 15, where should I go and with which fucking money."
"Here take this."
I take of the necklace Chloe had made for me right before our wedding.
It was a beautiful stone made with a bit of the bedrock of this cliff.
It means the world to me but Chloe is my world without her this necklace would only hurt around my neck.

Alex takes the necklace and observes it, before she throws it out of one of the open windows.
"No!"
Both Chloe and I scream as the ornament disappears in the darkness and falls down into the crashing waves of the ocean.

"I don't want money, I don't want a new life. I want my mother! But you two destroyed her!"

Will's POV

I finally arrive at the lighthouse, drowning in sweat and tears. My worst thoughts popped into my mind while I was riding towards this building.
I could hear the gu shots penetrating the skulls of my mother's, let's hope I'm not too late.

I silently open the door and sneak up the stairs, trying not to make any sound.
I hear screaming from the top floor and the smell of fresh blood soon fills my nose.
Don't let them be dead, don't let them be dead, is all I can think off.

I see a girl as tall as me sitting comfortably in a chair in front of my mother's. I sneak up but one of the floorboards creeks and the girl shoots upfrom her chair and turns around to face me.
"Alex?"
I exclaim confused and in shock.
"Goodnight Will."
She says coldly. She slowly lifts the gun as I raise my hands to show her I'm unarmed.
"Goodnight? What do yo..."