Chapter 14

Ladybug lowered herself to the ground with her yo-yo and looked upon the building that stood before her. She checked her yo-yo once more, the green paw print flashing on the circular screen, showing Chat was definatly in this building.

She took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before letting it out again. Was she about to walk into a trap? Was he waiting for her? Would he ambush her? Was he even really here? Would this battle be like her dream?

She had to stop her thoughts there or else she might break down right there. She didn't know what was scaring her most. The fact that she would have to fight Chat again, or the possibility that she would never see Noir again? Both of these things scared her, but she tried not to focus on them.

She checked the tracker once more, the paw print was still flashing on this site. She closed it and gripped it tightly in her hand, her nerves making her shake. She forced herself to walk forward and enter before she could change her mind.

She made it into the building with no effort and snuck through to the large, open hallways, though it was difficult as some spots in the floor had creeked and it would give her position away. Her hand remaind on her yo-yo, ready for anything.

She crept through hallways, looked through empty rooms and climbed staircases but no matter where she looked, she couldn't find Chat.

She climbed one more set of stairs and walked up to one of the doors. Like she had done to the others, she slowly opened the door and looked into yet another empty room. There was nothing here.

She started to worry about him. If this was a trick? And what if he wasn't here...then where would he be?

She walked over to the last door on the floor and slowly opened it, the hinges squeaking as she did, making her cringe and curse at how loud it was.

She looked around the room, the outside light shining through a circular window with a flower pattern frame as the gauze.

She noticed glowing white objects everywhere and walked up closer to them, discovering that they were white butterflies. She walked through the patch of butterflies, only a few of them bothering to fly away from he when she walked towards them. She stopped for a moment looking out the odd window. All of this seemed familiar to her, like she had been here before, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

She was starteled when she heard a noise behind her, it sounded like metal.

She turned around and saw a few butterflies fly away as something moved into the middle of the floor. She walked over to it and kneeled down, picking it up as it rolled into her hands.

She gave a confused look as she toggled it in her hands, until she turned it over and found a green pawprint engraved into the stick.

Before she could completely understand what it ment, a painful force hit her in the back and she was forced to the ground.

It was Blanc.

He picked up his staff, which had been thrown out of her hand at impact, and extended it and while she was still picking herself up, he ran up to her and waked her in her ribs and she was tossed to the side, but he didn't give her a second and hit her again, he went for the third time but she moved out of the way in time and brought out her own weapon and began to throw it at him; he used his staff like a bat and wacked it away before he split it in two and sent both of them flying at her. She acted fast and spun her yo-yo as a shield and both ends of the staff backfired off of the wire and they spun back into Chats hands. He clipped them both back together and began to swing it at her in attempt to hit her, but she dodged by moving or with a sheild. She threw her yo-yo at him but missed, he saw his chance and while her yo-yo was rewiring he knocked her to the ground, he straddeled her waist and used his baton to keep her shoulders pinned to the ground, making it hard for her to get him off her.

"This is where it ends for you, bug!" He growled, through his clentched teeth as he pushed harder on his staff as she continued to try and get her hands around it so she could move him off her.

"Chat, don't do this, you're only helping him! Remember what i told you, he's just using you-!"

"And why should i believe you!?" His voice was starting sound demonic now.

"Because we're a team, that's what we do, we trust each other-"

"No! We were never a team! We were never partners, we were never friends!" He paused as he leaned in so his face was inches from hers. "And we never will be" he hissed.

Ladybug noticed his eyes were different from before. They were more darker and his pupils were smaller and more narrow. Noir. His humanity is was fading.

'What is he doing to you' her mind whispered, scared for his life.

She finally managed to twist her body so that he was off of her but he was quick to act and turned her so she was on her back and twisted her arm up behind her, he stood one foot in between her shoulder blades and pushed all his weight, still twisting her arm, causing her to sream in pain.

"I'm going to take this slowly. I'm going to hear every crunch of your bones and feel it through my entire body. I'll make you the nothing you're supposed to be-" he twisted he arm more and she continued to scream. Any more of this and he could break her arm. "-and I'm not going to look away, not for a second, while I kill you. I want to see your entire body go limp-" she was still screaming in pain and he his voice went a little more quiet. "-You're going to be begging for your life, sweetheart, and then....im going to kill you"

No!

With whatever strength and flexability she had left in her, she latched on to his arm and pulled him down. It was just enough to get him off of her, but not enough to send him to the ground, before she scampered away and before he could attack again.

She got up and, with the arm that didn't get twisted, she threw her yo-yo again, but he smacked it away again.

This was going no where.

"I told you before, it ends here" Chat taunted.

"Yes, it will end, just not for me. Lucky charm!"

She threw her yo-yo in the air and activated her power. The lucky charm came back down, only it must not have worked, because nothing but the two halfs of her yo-yo fell into her hands.

Chat laughed that sickening laugh that haunted her.

"Even your powers can't help you now." He taunted. "Cataclysm!"