Chapter 4

With Adriens hands wrapped around Ladybugs, he saw his chance, with no restraint on the wire, Adriens legs could now move freely. He untangled the wire off his legs, and kicked the yo-yo to the side and managed to find the strength to push Dark Heart off of him and onto the ground.

While Dark Heart was collecting herself, Adrien found his oppotunity and started to run for the house again. He managed to make it this time, locking the door behind him. He raced as fast as he physically could, to his room where he last saw Plagg and Tikki, but when he got there he couldn't see them.

"Plagg!? Plagg!? Where are you? I need to transform, now!" Adrien yelled desperatly.

Plagg flew out of his hiding spot, Tikki following behind.

"Adrien, calm down I'm righ-"

"Plagg! Claws out!" Plagg was then sucked into the miraculous ring and Adrien turned into Chat Noir.

"Adrien, what are you-?"

"Tikki, stay here, stay hidden!" He told the kwami and escaped through the bathroom window. Tikki could only listen to Chat and went to hide until Adrien came back.

Chat climbed to the roof of his room and looked around for Cœr Sombre; she was at the door, trying to break it down but having no luck.

He pulled out his staff and extended it until it hit the ground and slid down until his feet touched the ground.

"Did you ever try the doorbell, M'Lady?" He asked jokingly, getting her attention. She turned around to see him and glared at him.

"You again!" She yelled and threw her up yo-yo for an attack.

Chat spun his staff around to make a shield for himself, which worked as her yo-yo backfired from it and he got in a fighting stance. But he didn't attack. He still didn't want to hurt her.

In fact she stiked first, striking her yo-yo again and again. Luckily, Chat was able block all of them. Except for when the yo-yo wrapped around the staff and was yanked out of his hands and thrown far away from Chat.

"Not again-" he murmed to himself, just before Dark Heart could throw her yo-yo at him.

Doing a couple of somersults, he managed to dodge her attacks in time.

Knowing that he couldn't keep this for too long, Chat ran over to where his staff had been tossed and collected it, still doging attacks, and he used his weapon to escape the mansions area.

"Cœur Sombre, do not fail me again! Go after him, and GET HIS MIRACULOUS!!" Hawkmoth yelled in her head, causing her to wince.

"MY revenge is inside this house! Let me do-"

"Take the ring or say goodbye to your powers!" He threatened.

With an annoyed grunt she started running after Chat, hoping to get this over and done with quickly, so she can go after Adrien.

...

She continued  chasing him, trying to get his stupid ring.

She eventually found him running along another building across the street and picked up speed to get infront of him. Once she was in the right position, she used her yo-yo to swing over to him and land in front of his path. He skidded to a stop when he saw her, his eyes wide and full of fear and worry.

"Lets end this!" She threatened, swinging her yo-yo around, so it looked nothing but a dark purple circle, as she started to walk towards him.

"Im not going to fight you Ladybug-"

"Uggh! Stop! CALLING ME THAT!!" She yelled and threw her weapon at Chat, who again blocked it.

"No! I won't! Because thats who you are! And im not going to forget that! I'm not going to forget who you really are and who you are to me! I'm NOT giving up on you!" Chat yelled back, desperatly.

And at moment she did the one thing he never expected her to do. She stopped. She stopped, stunned.

She stopped for his words. She stopped, somehow in someway, and processed his words. She was in there; and she was listening. That one tiny moment of hesitation was all he needed, to fully believe that he could do something for her. That he could get her back.

She stared at him for a tiny moment, but this time, her eyes weren't full of hate and vengeance; but surprise, as if to say 'help me'.

Chat stared back with hope, was that Ladybug? The real Ladybug?

But with one blink and all that was lost, her eyes returned back to that hatred, akuma purple and Chat was automatically back in a defensive stance.

"You stupid stray cat, dont you get it!? your precious Ladybug is gone!" She hissed, her voice full of venom.

Chat glared at her ready for her attack. She threw her yo-yo again, but instead of going for a normal attack, she threw it over a near by pole then around Chat. She pulled the string so that he was hanging upside down by one leg.

She walked towards him, planning to swipe his miraculous, but, with hands free, Chat used his staff to knock the yo-yo out of her hands, causing the string to be released and Chat fell to the ground.

Dark Heart collected her yo-yo and walked over to Chat, still recovering from his hard landing.

"Just give it up Chat! You're not strong enough to fight me" she threatened.

Chat glared up at her before standing up, staff in one hand. He looked at her eyes and noticed they were still pure akuma purple.

"You're right" he said, and threw his staff to the side, causing it to shrink down to its normal size. She gave him a confused look, but started to back away when he walked towards her. "I'm not strong enough to fight you off. Because everytime i look at you, i still see Ladybug, because thats who you are-" she jumped when her back hit a wall, having no where else to go, as he got closer to her, "-your beautiful, smart, funny, brave and I dont want to do anything to hurt you."

"Take the ring now, while he's distracted!" Hawkmoth yelled in her head. She heard him. But that was all she did; heard him.

"Because to me, your the most perfect girl in the world" He added. And for one second, he saw blue in her eyes. But only for a second.

'..Beautiful, smart, funny girl, but I'm sorry, I-I have someone else on my mind' His words of rejection trailed through her head.

"Yeah, but apparantly, I'm not good enough!" She spat, and pushed him away and kicked him too the ground.

He let out a groan of pain and clenched his chest, trying to control his jaggered breathing. She walked over to him and kicked him in his stomach again, causing him wince again. She rasied her hand to strike again, but before she could, he caught her her fist and with what strength he had left he held her off.

She pushed both her and his hand to the side and punched with her other hand. Chat managed to scamper up and stuggled to run away. He was able to pick up his staff and clip it onto his back, until he was tripped over by her yo-yo.

'Im really getting sick of this' he thought.

"Cataclysm!" He turned around, and grabbed the wire of her yo-yo and watched as the destruction snaked up the string and crumble. She shook the end of it off her finger before it could reach her; but by the time she looked up, he was gone.

...

With a bright flash Chat detransformed and he fell on his bed exhausted and bruised. It was getting late and he was tired

"Adrien!?" Tikki flew out of her hiding spot and floated over beside him. "W-what happened?" She asked, worried.

Adrien just looked at the inocent little kwami, holding his injured sides, wondering what to do.