Chapter 36

Lauren's P.O.V

"So, that demon is actually in a contract with Taika's boyfriend?" Jason asks.

"Yep. But Ciel was turned into a demon. Now those two are stuck in an eternal contract." I say.

"Lauren, come out here please." Adam calls. I get up and walk to the parlor hall, where the meeting's taking place.

"Yes?" I walk into the room.

"Our guests just wanted to meet you. Come say hello." Morgan says.

I sweep into a curtsy. "Hello. It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Lauren Ambrosia." 'Ugh, after all these years, I still can do this?'

"My, what a dear." A woman exclaims.

"Is she already taken?" A man asks.

'Of all the possible things you could've said.'

"Yes, she is." Adam says.

They continue to talk about business. 'Now what? Am I just supposed to stand by the door?'

"A party would be lovely. We'd be able to talk about more business opportunities." Morgan agrees to something. Then they start talking about a party.

"Lauren, would you please show our guests to the door?" Morgan asks.

"I would love to." I lead the guests out of the parlor hall and to the foyer.

"It's been a pleasure." The woman says, then leaves. I close the door behind the two. I hear footsteps from behind me.

"It is time for you to go to your room, Lauren." Adam orders me.

"Yes, sir." I lower my head and walk to my room. I close the door behind me, locking me in.

'Wait, my phone! I can use it to communicate with them!' I facepalm. 'Why didn't I think of this before.'

I run over to my backpack and take out my phone. I unlock it and click on the facetime app. I quickly hit Taika's contact. My phone rings.

'Please answer.'

Taika's P.O.V

I walk into my room, not knowing what else to do. My phone goes off, the ringtone belonging to Lux's contact. I quickly answer. "Lux!" I scream.

"Taika!" Lux starts to cry.

"Hang on. I'm gonna mute myself for a second." I tell her. She nods.

I run out of my room. "EVERYONE IN THE GAMING ROOM!" I order, then run there. Everyone's in the gaming room. Well, everyone but Sebastian.

"What's wrong, Taika?" Nina asks me.

I unmute myself. I hold up my phone. "LUX!" They all scream. I hook my phone up to the giant t.v. and place my phone so the camera captures all of us.

"Lux, are you alright?" Nancy asks.

"I'm fine. But I miss everyone." She cries. "Where's Sebastian?"

A thud sounds at the door.

"What was that?" Lux asks.

"Sebastian." I answer.

The door opens. Sebastian walks in view of the camera.

"Sebastian!" Lux screams. Sebastian whips his head towards the screen.

"Lux!" Sebastian gasps.

"What is going on?" Ciel asks.

"It's a video chat." I explain.

"I don't wanna be here. I wanna be back home. I'm lucky that I can be talking to you all right now. Adam and Morgan and Jason won't allow me to make contact with anyone at school. And this stupid room I'm in right now locks from the outside." She moves aside and shows us the... girly, frilly room she's in.

"Okay, so Jason's there and you're locked in that?" I ask.

"It was Jason's idea. Which I honestly have to be grateful for, or I'd be locked in a cellar. Look, Jason's not who he seems to be. He's the only one here who actually cares for my well-being." And she goes on to explaining what happened today. "But what's gonna happen now? I wanna be at home." Lux starts crying again.

'Lux is crying an awful lot. She rarely cries in front of us. Meaning this must be way too hard on her.'

"Lux, I'm taking this to the circuit court. I'm doing everything I can to get you back." Nancy says.

"Please. I don't wanna be here."

"I know, I know. I just need you to write down everything that happens, okay?"

Lux nods.

A voice sounds from the background. "Lauren, what are you doing?"

"Nothing really." She shouts back.

"I've to go. I'll try to communicate every chance I can." Lux says.

"Good night, Lux." We all say.

"Good night Lux. I love you." Sebastian says.

"I love you, too. And don't run into doors." She says. Then the screen says that she hung up.

I unhook my phone from the t.v. and walk back to my room. 'She saved me. No one gave me a second thought. No one but her.

'She saved me from death.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal_Turquoise: *Is a kitten* Mew.

SpiffyEmerald: I'm not even going to ask.

Crystal_Turquoise: Mew mew meow mew meow.

SpiffyEmerald: I can't understand you. Why are you even a cat?

Sebastian: The young master allowed me to.

SpiffyEmerald: Is this about her taking his eyepatch?

Sebastian: It is indeed.

SpiffyEmerald: Okay then.

Crystal_Turquoise: MEOW MEW MEW MEOW MEOW!

*Sebastian picks Crystal_Turquoise up*

Sebastian: I must say, you make an adorable kitten.

Crystal_Turquoise: MEW MEOW MEOW MEW MEW MEW!

SpiffyEmerald: You're noisey for a cat. *Throws yarn*

Crystal_Turquoise: *Eyes yarn. Chases the yarn* Mew!

SpiffyEmerald: *Facepalm*

I guess I should end this now.

Well, T is apparently a cat, so I'm going to end this here...

...Just do her a favor...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Crystal_Turquoise: MEW MEOW MEOW!!!

>w<

SpiffyEmerald: What she said.