Come Back Home (chapter 12)

Chapter 12

A/N: listen to Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Jasmine Thompson)

" Camila.. Camilita.. wake up..", she heard her name being repeated, but everything else was dark.

" Wake up, sweetheart, someone is waiting for you...", Camila's mom kept on talking hoping to wake her up.

Camila had gone unconscious after giving birth.. The pain, and the loss of blood had drained her. She was out of it for a few minutes, until she re gained consciousness.. her head was throbbing in pain, she felt as if she had been hit with a frying pan, repeatedly. Camila couldn't fully open her eyes yet.. but she could hear her surroundings..and along those surroundings she could hear a baby cry.

" My... my baby..", Camila effortlessly spoke out, her words not fully sounding out.

" We are right here, Cam.. you need to rest. The baby is perfectly fine.."

" I want... i want my.. baby..", her eyes weren't open yet, but by now her words were understood.. she spoke louder each time..

" You will be able to hold her as soon as you're able to open your eyes, and we feel that you're strong enough..", the nurse spoke out.

" Please.. i need to hold her.. please..", she slowly opened her eyes.. only to witness the most beautiful little girl in the world.. Camila's eyes filled with tears, as she looked at her new born daughter for the first time... light pale skin, with rosy cheeks, and golden brown hair. If her heart had ever been broken, Ava had just repaired every single inch of it in matter of seconds..

" I'll place Ava in your arms now..", the nurse gently grabbed the baby, and placed her in Camila's arms.. she had been recently cleaned off, she had a pink onesie, with little pink mittens, and was wrapped around a warm blanket.

Camila looked at her, with more love than she could ever see in anyone.. she was completely in love with Ava.." I love you.. I love you so much..", she slowly leaned down to kiss the baby's cheek..

" I hope i'm warm enough, i'm usually always freezing.."

" She's sleeping so peacefully..", Camila's mom smiled as she placed her hand on her
shoulder.

" wake up, my sleepy head.. mommy wants to see your pretty eyes..", she gently caressed Ava's soft skin, and to her surprise she opened her eyes.. big, and wide enough for Camila to see.

" Your eyes.. they're so.. green...", Camila cried even more, she held on tightly to her baby.. every worry, or fear Camila had, was gone.. It all changed the minute she felt her baby for the fist time..

" She hadn't opened her eyes till she heard your voice, i think all she wanted was to be held by you..", Camila's mom spoke as she wiped her tears, and smiled.

" Of course she did, I'm her mommy.. she only knows my voice, and...", Camila stopped speaking, and stared down at her daughter.. " You have the most beautiful eyes in the world.. they look just like.."

" Her moms eyes...", Camila's mom spoke out..

" Yes.. just like your mommy Lauren's eyes...", Camila became quiet, but was the happiest she could ever be, she finally had her baby in her arms.. although there was one important person missing..

" I know there's a voice you haven't heard just yet.. mommy Lauren isn't feeling too well, but she'll soon be here with you, and me.. and she'll hold you, and kiss you.. and your eyes will meet hers, and i cannot wait for that moment.. she loves you so much, you have no idea how much..", Camila snuggled into her warm baby as she smiled, and took a deep breath.