(27) Don't Fight Me

Start from the beginning

Scrambling unsteadily to my feet, I bent down to pick up my knife, holding it limply in one hand as Lacy rushed to my side still talking far too loudly. When I craned my neck up, I could make out Cobalt's figure at the top of the crows nest. He didn't look as though he was going to be moving anytime soon and from the sound of the temper that Obsidian was in, that was probably a good idea. 

"Circe, Circe, are you okay?"

Lacy's voice finally broke through the annoying buzz and suddenly everything was much too loud. I clutched at my head and stumbled forward, leaning up against the mast as a sudden wave of dizziness washed through me. 

"Bloody hell." I mumbled. "I am never going up there again, I think I'll just stick to the sea."

Obsidian was suddenly storming in our direction, his expression murderous. He reached our side and roughly pushed Lacy out of the way.

"Hey!" She cried indignantly. "Watch what your doing!"

"Shut UP!" He roared. "Shut that annoying wide trap of yours and go and stand insignificantly in a corner for the next ten minutes and maybe then I wont rip your head off!"

I glared at him, my hands still clamped over my ears. "Don't speak to her in that way."

He growled at me, his eyes burning with fire. Ignoring me completely, he wrapped his arms around my forearms and shook me gently. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine," I snarled. "Now apologize." 

His eyes flashed and he was suddenly even closer to me that before, shielding me from sight as his head dipped down to my ear. "Do not test my patience right now Circe." His voice was so dangerous that I felt a shudder run through me but I held as still as possible, determined not to let him see.

"You will apologize later." I said lowly, my eyes boring into his.

"Fine," He hissed. "I will apologize if you will promise to me that you will not take part in these ridiculous training exercises-"

"That's not fair, I have to-"

"-unless Hobbs or myself are the ones conducting them." He finished.

I folded my arms over my chest, the action forcing him to back up a little and allow me some breathing room.

"I will not train with you." I said stonily. 

"You will if you want to learn something productive! All you do is sit around all day! I understand that when you lived back with Daddy you had an easy life, but out here Circe, it is every man for himself. You need to stop being so SELFISH and learn to DEFEND YOURSELF so we don't have to run around after you all the time!" He snarled, his chest heaving.

I kept my face blank as I stared at him. "Are you quite finished?" I asked cooly. 

His hair fell into his eyes as he continued to glare at me. "No definitely not," He tightly. "Would you like me continue? I'm sure I could rattle on for days about how pathetic you are."

My anger flared, like a flame in the wind and my arms unraveled, coming to clench in fists at my sides.

"Oh yes?" I spat back, suddenly feeling rather viscous. "And what about when I nearly killed you hmm? You would be dead now if it weren't for Hobbs coming to your rescue." I poked him in the chest and a growl forced its way out of his throat. "You would do well to remember that Captain Bones. You may be at an advantage on land, but just remember, next time you find yourself in deep water, your arse is mine." I hissed, throwing him a look of utter contempt before placing both hands on his chest and pushing him firmly away from me so I could storm past him.