Chapter 20- At Work Monday, August 18, 2014

"Have fun at work, baby." Derek said, pecking my lips before waving me off to Starbucks.

"You too. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He responded with a smile.

Though we have the luxury of working in the same place and we see each other more than once a day, we still act like the cheesy couple in a romance movies who goodbye to the other before they head to work.

I waddled behind the cash register, more than ready to serve these coffee-thirsty customers. Danielle greeted me when she saw me.

"How's the baby?" She questioned.

From the past few weeks that I've been working here, I've discovered that Danielle knew about my little situation and decided to help me out by giving me a job. It was awfully kind of her, despite it being a pity offer because at least now I have something

"Fine, fine. Still not born yet, you know." I said.

There really is not a lot going on, besides the kicking, but I'm not telling her that. Why? It really is none of her business.

"Oh, of course. Any questions about your task?" She asked.

"Nope." I smiled, "Everything is fine."

"Okay, let me know if you need anything." She said, going to the back.

"Will do." I muttered under my breath as the door slammed behind her.

I sighed and turned my head to a customer who requested a double frappuccino mocha. More of the same order has been given and paid for that I was almost questioned if it were the same person. Right when I thought this day could not get any more interesting, I heard shouting from somewhere near the area. I took a quick peek to see that Derek is being yelled at by angry customers. Though it looks like he's getting the help he needs, I couldn't help but wonder what sparked the outrage. I turned back as I saw him leave his spot just in time to see another customer in front of me. Well, that was entertaining for a minute or so. I shrugged and went back to work. I can feel the stares on my stomach seeping through my skin as each customer passes by to get their beverage. The judgement is set in their eyes once they notice the youthful look on my face, before reverting to a smile and a thanks as I hand them their coffee. Only a few muttered a 'congratulation' or 'hope you're happy', but I know they don't really mean it. But what can I do other respond with gratitude? Another minute pass and I am aching for a break. My back is killing me, but I managed to smile at the customer who retrieved his drink.

"Your parents must be so proud." He said, shaking his head.

"Thanks." I said, looking down at the counter at the comment.

I pressed my hand on my abdomen, briefly rubbing as I felt the baby kick against, before taking another person's order. The individual who I have to take orders from is someone who I was hoping would not come across across my path this summer.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here." He said.

I resisted the urge to glare when I looked up at Blake's smirking, blue eyes. This guy has a lot nerves to come in here with the arrogance aura around him. After all the countless times he tried to harass me and all the times Derek had to punch him for that, he still cannot seem to go away. I hope he will have mercy on me and make this quick.

"What do you want?" I groaned.

I'm tired and sour as fuck, this guy is definitely not helping any of that.

"Now is that any way to treat your customer? You know the way that is giving you money to help you pay for child support?" He said, chuckling in the end.

I resisted to roll my eyes at that, even though he had a good point. So why does he not do something to contribute to this company and then leave?

"So why don't you order something then?" I said, urging him to get to the point.

"Okay then. I would like one fuck please." He said.

So blunt.

"I'm sorry, but that is not available on the menu right now, so if you're actually not going order anything, I suggest you leave." I said, finally glaring at him. I don't have time for this.

"Oh, come on, Mel. Think about the crazy, fun night we would have together. I would totally give you the satisfaction that you need. Derek doesn't have to know." The slime continued to speak.

I shivered in disgust at the thought of his dirty hand running over my body. This man really does have the nerve to make me feel even more irritated than I did before.

"First of all, who gave you the right to call me 'Mel'? No one under any circumstance can call me that except Derek." That is something that should and will just be a Derek thing. Strange and should not be seen as a big deal to me, but I find that it's only cute when he says it. "Second of all, you do not and will not know my private life and you don't need to. But never will I go behind Derek's back and betray his trust, especially not with a sick fuck such as yourself. So again, either you order something or get the fuck out of my face."

I honestly do not if I get in trouble for swearing, I have zero tolerance for this asshole.

"Fine. I'll go. But when you're bored in bed with that loser, remember my offer." He said, before storming off.

I scoffed and shook my head. Blake thinks he is some kind of God, when he's not. He's just another horny, teenager going through high school just like the rest of us. I feel sorry for Brittany for having a boyfriend like that. But whatever, that's not my problem. I wiped my face and smiled at the next customer.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks, may I help?" I asked the woman.

Blake most likely talked to Derek before he went to me. I thought I saw my boyfriend storm off while the jock and I talked. I hope wherever he is, he's alright.