Chapter 10: Demoted

Comenzar desde el principio

"Rupert hates the morning too, so you're not alone."

"Titus hates most mornings," I stated. "Today just wasn't one of them."

We dumped our bags by the rocks near the waterfall. Peter stripped and shifted into his werewolf. He wandered off towards the fall, while I dropped my pants and jumped right in. Emerging from the water, I heard giggling and looked over to see a couple older female werewolves shaking their head at me.

My face blared red. "Sorry," I said with an uneasy smile. Shifting into my werewolf, I went to sit by Peter.

He gave me a smirk as he scrubbed his arm. "I see you gave them a show."

I turned my back to the girls and slumped over. "Werewolves don't have any shame, so I doubt they care," I muttered.

"No, but you do," he laughed. "That's what they thought it was so funny. You're so uptight about nudity."

"You should be too," I exclaimed. "You're human born."

"It's been years, Aden," he said, raising a brow. "With time, you'll get used to it too, or just stay as a werewolf more often."

I picked up one of his soap bottles. "Maybe. The whole covered in fur thing, though; I just prefer being human."

He took the container from me. "Would you like to try some?"

"What's the point? I have some shampoo in my bag."

"This is far better, especially if you put it directly on your fur."

"There's a difference?" I said, skeptically.

"You'll see." He squirted some on the top of my head and started scrubbing it into my fur. "Do you arms."

I groaned, but did as I was told. Peter went down my back and grabbed my tail.

I lurched forward. "Woah." My tail wrapped around my waist.

Peter laughed softly. "Someone's a little sensitive."

Hunching over, I did my tail myself.

"I think you're good." He scrubbed a little harder than necessary on top of my head.

"Alright, alright, knock it off." I waved him off. "You know this whole innocent act has stopped working on me."

Peter gave me a sheepish expression.

Shaking my head, I climbed down the rocks. "I'll go rinse this stuff off." Dipping under the water, I stood up in a ring of suds. The women just gave me amused looks, before climbing out. I went to stand under the falls to get the rest out. Peter had gone into grooming mode. I didn't understand why he needed so many bottles.

A golden blur raced into the chamber.

"River?" I waded over to the edge and climbed out.

"River!" Darius entered and marched over to where the omega was hiding. "You think you can run from me." He picked up River by the back of the neck. "I told you to come here."

"Darius," I hurried over, "stop it. You're scaring him."

"Go back to your room, Aden."

Blood was dripping from River's arm.

"He's hurt." I touched Darius's arm. "Just let him go."

My brother-in-law lowered his head to my level. "Go to your room," he growled. "Now."

River cried out when the dominant tightened his grip. Darius's claws were close to puncturing the skin.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No."