Chapter 12:

Temari's POV
I woke up to a light tap on my shoulder. I'd been able to sleep pretty decently considering the events of the night before, which was undoubtedly surprising. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to focus on the masked face in front of me. I grunted.
-" Kakashi?"- I asked sloppily. He sighed.
-" You didn't sleep too well, I assume? I know you're not usually the last person to wake up."- He said. I sweat dropped.
-" Ha. It wasn't my best night, no."- I replied with a small blush.
-" Figures. Anyway, we're going back to the village."- He said, helping me up.
-" So soon? Why?"- I asked.
-" Well, I told the Hokage about the masked man through a letter and she said she wanted to talk to you today. Face to face."- He said. I looked down.
-" I see."- Was all I said.
-" Oh, and the Kazekage was also notified last night. If he is running as worriedly as he sounded last night, we expect him and Kankuro to arrive at Konoha shortly. I... I thought you should know."- He informed. I looked up with an alarmed expression.
-" Gaara knows about the incident?!"- I asked.
-" Of course. You're his sister. We couldn't not tell him."- He said with an annoying closed eye smile. I furrowed my eyebrows. -" My brothers must be worried sick! I can't even begin to imagine the rage Gaara will unleash if he finds that masked bastard."- I thought to myself. I looked back at Kakashi.
-" Well, I guess I'll pack things up. Have you seen Shikamaru anywhere, by the way?"- I asked, trying to make it sound as uninterested as I possibly could. He nodded.
-" Good, hurry. And I think I saw Shikamaru go ahead with Naruto, Hinata and Sakura to the village."- He informed. I raised an eyebrow. I was surprised that he had left me behind with three men, but I guess he had his reasons. I finished packing and approached Kakashi with a sigh.
-" All done."- I informed.
-" Good. The other two went on ahead , so we should probably hurry."- He said, scratching the back of his head. I nodded and we headed towards Konoha in silence.

Shikamaru's POV
I looked at Choji expectantly. I had decided to tell him about the... Um... Eventful night I'd had with Temari. I was completely sure my face was flustered even now... But I really couldn't help it. Thoughts of her gloriously plump lips clouded my mind and prevented me from thinking about anything else. Choji chuckled, making me snap out of the memory of irresistible essence.
-" And?"- I asked.
-" And? Dude, that's awesome! I swear, everyone's been trying to get you two together for ages!"- He yelled excitedly. I looked at him with surprise.
-" Seriously?"- I asked, and he nodded. I gave a long sigh. -" I don't know man. I don't think we'll end up getting together. Her brothers would personally destroy me!"- I said with exasperation. Choji raised an eyebrow.
-" But you love her, don't you?"- He asked and I widened my eyes.
-" Can you be a little less loud? People might hear you!"- I said in a hushed tone, looking around to see if anyone was listening.
-" But it's true, isn't it? You said so yourself. Besides, I'm not saying anything our friends don't already know."- He said. I looked at the sky for a moment, and relaxed. Tem was the one person whose flaws were perfect to me. She drove me nuts, and she was a real drag. She was a smart, idiotic, annoying, caring, beautiful drag. I sighed and looked back at my best friend. I lit up a cigarette, placed it between my mouth, inhaled deeply, exhaled and chuckled lightly.
-" Yeah, I suppose it doesn't matter anymore. Dude... I need your help with something..."- I said looking at my friend intensely. He raised an eyebrow and I smirked. -" I need you to help me ask Tem to be my girlfriend."-

Temari's POV
When we arrived at Konoha we went straight to the Hokage Tower to meet Tsunade. I was worried, to say the least. If the masked- ass found out about me telling everyone, which he most likely already knew, we were in some serious trouble. Kakashi knocked on he door of Tsunade's office, and we were greeted by a harsh 'come in'. I drew in a sharp breath and opened the door, and as soon as I did I recognized two familiar faces staring at me worriedly. A pair of arms were thrown around my neck and I felt a trail of affectionate kisses down my cheek.
-" Tem! Holy shit, are you okay?! Where's that masked fucker, huh?! I'm gonna beat his ass! Holy shit, I'm so glad you're okay!"- My brother, Kankuro, said as he squeezed the lights out of me.
-" Kankuro! Settle down. Now."- Gaara said sternly from across the room. Tsunade was simply staring at us with an amused expression. Kankuro sweat dropped and let me go.
-" So..."- I started, while unconsciously fumbling with my kimono.
-" So, Kakashi has told me everything you told them yesterday. Is there anything you want to add?"- Tsunade asked.
-" Um... Not really. I told them everything I know."- I said.
-" Okay then. I guess you're dismissed. You need to catch up with the Kazekage, so I'll leave you to it for today. Kakashi, you stay here. We need to discuss the course of action against this dangerous man. Kazekage Sama, ambassador, Kankuro... Once we talk we'll arrange a meeting with Nara Shikamaru and you. Does that sound good?"- She asked my brother.
-" Why the Nara guy?"- Kankuro asked with a certain disgust at the edge of his voice, which made me frown.
-" Because he's the most intelligent guy in all of Knoha... maybe in all of the villages!"- I said a bit harshly. Kankuro eyed me curiously but didn't say anything.
-" It sounds great, thank you Hokage Sama."- Gaara said, and we left. Once we were out the door, Kankuro straddled me once more and Gaara patted my head awkwardly, yet fondly.
-" Are you okay?!"- Kankuro asked, worry masking his features.
-" Yeah... It wasn't that big a deal."- I said, looking away.
-" Not that big a deal? NOT THAT BIG A FUCKING DEAL?! Are you kidding?! Some douche kidnapped you Temari!"- Kankuro said angrily.
-" I have to agree with Kankuro, Tem. Whoever did this to you will have to face me. He touched my sister, and that act will not go unpunished."- Gaara said with a threatening expression.
-" But you don't even know who he is!"- I exclaimed, looking back at them.
-" Oh, we'll find out. That fucker is gonna pay."- Kankuro said with disdain.
-" Yes, and meanwhile you'll be staying with us."- Gaara said. I sweat dropped.
-" I don't think that'll be necessary. I can just stay with Shikamaru."- I informed, trying to suppress a blush. Both my brothers stared at me with unreadable expressions, but they turned to anger fairly quickly.
-" With Shikamaru? Shikamaru Nara?! Are you out of your mind?!"- Kankuro yelled.
-" No! He was my bodyguard during my stay..."- I began, but was quickly interrupted by Gaara.
-" Oh, really? Well, he didn't do a very good job did he?"- He asked with a cold stare.
-" That wasn't his fault! That guy went past Kurama! It was out of his hands."- I said with a matching expression. We all stared at each other in a tense silence until my youngest brother spoke up.
-" Well, fighting will do us no good. I say we find somewhere to eat. We can discuss whatever needs to be discussed then. Oh, and sister... Invite Nara."- Gaara said.
-" What?! Gaara, what the hell?!"- Kankuro asked with a deep frown.
-" Shut up Kankuro. This is my final decision."- Gaara said, looking at my brother intensely.
-" Um... Okay. I'll go get him. Where do you wanna eat?"- I asked, thinking of all the fancy restaurants in Konoha. However, Gaara surprised me with his answer.
-" Ichiraku's Ramen Shop. Naruto has insisted on me trying the infamous ramen for years."- He said. I widened my eyes a fraction and so did Kankuro, but neither of us said anything.
-" Erm... Okay. I guess I'll go get him. We'll meet you guys there."- I said and left to find the lazy-ass.

Gaara's POV
Once Temari was gone, Kankuro stepped  in front of me with an annoyed expression.
-" You invited him? Really? What the hell Gaara?!"- He asked, clenching his fists.
-" Calm down brother. Did you not notice Temari was a bit more confrontational than usual regarding the Nara topic?"- I asked.
-" Well... Yeah. I did. So what?"- He asked in confusion. I rolled my eyes.
-" So, I think something weird is going on. And we're going to find out what."- I said with a small smirk. Kankuro smirked back.
-" What are you suggesting?"- He asked.
-" Oh, you'll see. You'll see."- I said, looking at the direction Tem had run off to.

Haruka's POV
-" She told them. What are we gonna do?"-  I asked the man beside me. He chuckled.
-" It hardly matters anymore. The ritual is almost finished."- He said with a smirk. I widened my eyes.
-" But my lord! Your chakra is not fully recovered yet! You mustn't carry on with it until you're well!"- I said and felt a hard slap across my cheek.
-" Don't you dare tell me when to do things, bitch."- He spat. I placed my hand on my cheek, feeling a sharp sting.
-" I'm sorry. It won't happen again."- I said, looking down.
-" It better not. Now, follow me child."- He said and started walking towards our layer. I followed him into the lab nervously. Had he really fully restored the creature? He smiled at me and caressed my injured cheek. -" I'm sorry I slapped you. I shouldn't have done that, it was mean."- He said, and kneeled in front of me so that we were face to face. He leaned forward and claimed my lips in a passionate kiss. I moaned into his mouth and put my arms around his neck. His hands moved up to squeeze my breasts  and our tongues danced forcefully. Suddenly, he pulled away leaving me out of breath. He stood up, smiled widely and opened a locked door. I stepped in behind him and my eyes widened in horror at the huge creature in front of me. -" Haruka, may I present you my very own bakemono?"- He asked, licking his lips. -" This is the creature of salvation! This is the origin of all power! This is Tsuchigumo!"- He exclaimed, and the terrifying giant made a loud, perplexing roar. I stood there, mouth open and eyes wide.
-" It's... Impressive."- I said, forcing myself to speak through the lump in my throat. The man threw his arms up.
-" Isn't it? This'll show everyone what a true ninja is made of!"- He exclaimed and started laughing hysterically. I smiled and approached him, but he looked at me with a stare that left me cold.
-" Don't touch me, you piece of shit."- He said threateningly. I took a step back and nodded. He smirked and looked at the entrance of the cave.
-" Now we just have to give Sabakuno one more present before we begin."- He said. I gave him a side-smile.
-" What are you thinking?"- I asked and he chuckled.
-" Oh, just a simple gift. Nothing to big. We don't wanna spoil the real surprise."- He said, looking back at Tsuchigumo. I smiled and we left the room in a comfortable silence.

Hey minna! I finally uploaded! Miracle, right? Hope you guys haven't forgotten about me hehe. I'm finally on vacation and I'll be able to update much more often... So don't give up on me! Anyway, the masked-man's relationship with Haruka is a little fucked up, huh? We'll get to know more about their background story in a few chapters. And what is Gaara thinking? And how will Shikamaru ask Temari to be his girlfriend  if her brothers are there? You'll have to keep reading to find out!