Chapter 11:

Sakura's POV
After Temari and I finished scouting the area, we were annoyed to say the least. We hadn't found any indication of enemy presence, and that really got to our nerves.
-" Well, that was a total waste of time."- My friend said with a sigh. I nodded.
-" But hey, it seems like we have some free time. Let's chat!"- I said enthusiastically. This was the perfect time to ask her about Shikamaru. She chuckled.
-" Sure. Sounds fun. Besides, I kind of wanted to ask you something."- She said, a small blush creeping up her face. She raised my eyebrows in surprise.
-" Uh... Sure. What is it?"- I asked. She started fumbling her kimono and sat down. I followed her down, curiosity taking over my features.
-" Well... You are an expert when it comes to boys. You seduced Naruto, Lee... Maybe even Sasuke. How... How did you do it?"- She asked. My mouth dropped slightly open. I hadn't really done anything with anyone in exception of Sasuke Kun.
-" Eh... I really didn't do anything special. I actually rejected them, because Sasuke was the only one I was interested in. But... Why do you ask?"- I asked, and her blush intensified. Wow. This was very unlike the Temari I know.
-" Well... I just wanted to catch someone's attention. I just really, really like them."- She said. I gave her a side smile.
-" Shikamaru?"- I asked. She nodded. -" Well, you don't need to do anything. He's clearly already head over heels for you. But... You should totally tease him."- I said with a smirk. She looked at me with confusion.
-" Tease him? What do you mean?"- She asked.
-" Just be super sensual and pretend to be oblivious about it. It always drives the guys berserk!"- I said with a wink. She chuckled, but looked unsure.
-" But what if he doesn't like me as much as I like him? I'd just be making a fool of myself."- She said, looking down hopelessly. I shook my head.
-" First of all, you don't like Shikamaru. You liked him when you were kids. Those feelings have now grown into something more. Love. And trust me, I know it's weird. I've been in love with the same guy for years! So has Hinata. But if you can't accept that, your relationship won't go anywhere."- I said in all seriousness.

Temari's POV
Love? No way. No way in hell. It was just a really strong attraction. I liked him, that was all... Right? As these thoughts crossed my mind, I wanted to laugh at them myself. As much as I hated to admit it... Sakura was right. That lazy, sarcastic, insulting, pineapple-headed son of a bitch had made me fall in love. Hard. Gaara and Kankuro would be disappointed. All I had accomplished in the past week was to become Naruto's matchmaker, get abducted and fall in love even more than before. I was a failure as a Kunoichi. I was a failure as an ambassador. I was a failure, period. But I couldn't do anything about the feelings I had. Oh, how I'd tried to get rid of them. Falling in love with a younger boy? Disgraceful. But keeping them hidden in my head was getting harder each passing day. I sighed.
-" Let's not talk about love... Tell me more about the teasing part."- I said. She smiled.
-" Sorry, I won't tell you more than I already did. If I did, it wouldn't be genuine. Just give it your all, okay?"- She said. I nodded and smiled. However, that smile didn't last long. I heard a female shriek, and soon after, an explosive Kunai. Naruto and Hinata had found something. Sakura and I looked at each other, and immediately headed to he left side of the forest.
Once we got there we saw a panicked Naruto embracing Hinata's unconscious form. Sakura and I approached quickly, and after a few seconds, the rest of the team arrived. Kakashi widened his visible eye.
-" What happened?!"- He asked as Sakura took out her medical kit. Naruto looked at us worriedly.
-" I-I don't know. We were scouting the area when suddenly Hinata fell from the tree with a shriek. I looked around but didn't find anything weird. But then, I saw two figures running away from us. I bet they were the bad guys and took the chance to escape, mattaku."- He said. Sakura furrowed her eyebrows.
-" I don't understand... Her breathing is regular, and I don't see any clear signs of injury..."- She said in confusion. I widened my eyes. Had she really fainted? Or was she...drugged? Oh no... Please, let me be wrong. Without a word, I approached my friend. Everyone was confused at my actions, but I didn't explain. I couldn't explain. I kneeled beside Hinata and looked behind her ear. Sure enough, there was a needle sticking out of her skin with a little piece of paper attached. I carefully removed the needle and, without my teammates noticing, read the note.