Chapter 2:

*Liam*

"Pencils Down Everyone!" The Professor Said. I Sat My Pencil Down And Sighed. That Had To Be The Most Intimidating Quiz This Semester, But I'm Confident That I Passed. Once Class Was Over, I Grabbed My Backpack And Headed Back To My Dorm To Change And Get Ready For Work. I Got A Job Working At A Hardware Store Part Time So That I Can Afford To Take Care Of Jessica And The Baby. Turns Out Jessica Really Is Pregnant And She's A Little Over Three Months Now. I'm Still Trying To Add The Dates Up On When She Conceived, But Nothing Is Adding Up Correctly In My Head. Oh Well...I'm Going To Still Take Care Of My Responsibilities And Do What I Have To Do.

My Parents And I Have Been On Good Terms Ever Since I Told Them That Jazzlynn Really Wasn't My Daughter. The Day I Stormed Out Of Amayah's House, I Went Over To Apologize To Them Both. They Were Right About Everything:

*FLASHBACK*

I Sat Outside My Parent's House And Cried My Eyes Out. I Can't Believe They Were Right! They Were Right About Everything And I Didn't Listen! Now Look! I'm Sitting In Their Driveway Crying About A Child That I Love So Much, But She Isn't Even Mines! Ugh...I Owe Them An Apology. I Owe BOTH My Parents An Apology.

I Climbed Out Of The Car And Headed Inside The House. The Body Guards Were Nowhere In Sight, But My Parents Were Sitting On The Couch As I Walked Into The Living Room.

"Liam My Boy! What A Surprise. We Didn't Expect To See You Today." My Dad Said. I Nodded As I Sat Down.

"Liam...Have You Been Crying?" My Mom Asked. I Nodded As I Sighed Loudly.

"What's Wrong Son?" My Dad Asked.

"Look I'm Not Gonna Take Up Too Much Of You Guy's Time, But I Just Want Ya'll To Know That You Were Right. Jazzlynn Really Isn't My Daughter And I'm Sorry That I've Been So Wound Up Lately. I'm Sorry For Choosing A Girl And Their Baby Over You Both. From Now On...I'm Focused On School, Jessica, And My Child. The Child That Jessica Is Carrying." I Said.

"That's Fantastic Liam. I'm Proud Of You." My Dad Said, Shaking My Hand.

"Me Too. Come Here." My Mom Said. She Pulled Me Into A Tight Hug And Kissed My Forehead.

"Well...I Should Get Going. My Flight Leaves In Half An Hour. I'll Call You Guys When I Get Back To The Dorms." I Said. I Stood Up And Headed Out The Door. It Was Time For Me To Focus On My Life And Let All The Bullshit And Distractions Go.

I Shook My Head As I Pushed Those Painful Thoughts Out Of My Head And Continued Getting Ready For Work. I Was About To Leave Until My Phone Started Ringing. It Was Jessica.

"Hello?" I Answered.

"Hey Honey Bun...Have You Left For Work Yet?" She Asked.

"I'm On My Way Out Now." I Said.

"Well You Might Want To Turn On The News Before You Go." She Said. I Searched For My Remote And Quickly Turned It To The News:

Breaking News! Mayor Adkins Is An Evil, Conniving, And Racist Man! There Has Been A Video That Was Just Sent To Us Where He And Model Amayah Washington Had A Few Exchanges Of Harsh Words. It Has Also Been Confirmed That Amayah's Beautiful Two Year Old Daughter Is Indeed An Adkins Baby! Hm...This Isn't Going To Look Good For Mayor Adkins Reelection, But He Better Hope This Little Video Doesn't Cost Him His Election! We'll Keep You Updated If Mayor Adkins Or Amayah Washington Make Any Comments.

"What The Fuck." I Murmured.

"I Know Right! How Did They Get That Footage?" Jessica Asked.

"Amayah Gave It To Them." I Said.

"Huh?" She Said.

"Amayah Accidentally Recorded Her And My Father's Altercation And She Had Showed Me The Video. I Didn't Think She Would Leak It Though." I Said.

"Wow. She's A Horrible Person! It's A Good Thing That You Don't Have To Deal With Her Anymore. That Stupid Cunt!" She Said.

"Jessica...Stop." I Said.

"What?" She Said.

"Nothing. I'll Call You Back." I Said, Hanging Up On Her. I Know I'm Still Highly Pissed Off At Amayah, But I Really Don't Need To Hear People Bashing At Her. That Shit Was Getting Old. I Unblocked Amayah's Number And Quickly Called Her.

"Hey You've Reached Amayah. Leave A Message And I'll Get Back To You At My Earliest Convenience. Thank You And Have A Blessed Say." BEEP!

"Amayah It's Liam. I Don't Know What You Did Or Why You Did It, But That Was A Low Blow! Setting My Father Up Because You're Mad At Me Is Beyond Unforgivable! You Need To Fix This Before My Dad Comes After You!" I Said. I Hung Up The Phone And Shook My Head. Once My Dad Watches That News Report...He's Gonna Come For Amayah Hard!

(RIP To Prince 💔 Another Great Legend Gone)