Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The new member of the pack
Cassie's Pov
How could Embry say that to me? He's such an asshole. I was getting angrier by the second and I could tell Jacob and Quil had given up on chasing me. I was already deep in the forest when I fell to the floor as I felt my body shaking out of control. Suddenly it felt as if all my bones shifted and I was on all fours. I heard a bowl and then whimpered. Was that from me? Suddenly I heard other howls and then thoughts started to fill my mind. They weren't my thoughts though. They were I don't even know but all I know is they weren't mine. Suddenly 4 other wolves were in front of me making me whimper stumbling back.
Embry's Pov
Once we approached the new pack member we saw that whoever it was was pure white. (Picture of Cassie's werewolf on top) it seemed like the person was scared of us as they started to back away slowly. What's your name? Sam asked walking closer to the person and whoever it was growled and looked like they were about to attack. Who wants to know? The person asked and right away I knew who it was. Cassie? I asked moving forward and her head snapped toward me. She growled and sprang at me but Sam got in the way pushing her to the side making her growl even more. Stop doing that. Cassie said getting up shaking dirt off herself making herself look like a dog. She was kind of smaller than normal shape shifters. She looked like a small wolf. Sam started explaining how to phase back and she went behind the tree while the rest of us phased back and put on clothes. Oh I forgot... she's gonna turn back naked. I turned to the guys and felt the growl slip out of my mouth as I looked toward Paul as he smirked as if he read my mind. "Uh" we all heard Cassie laugh awkwardly from behind the tree "I'm kind of... I don't know how to put this but um, I'm kind of naked..." she trailed off at the end. "She'll trust me more" I said looking toward all of them grabbing a pair of shorts and taking my shirt off so she could wear it. I went over to the tree not looking anywhere past her face and I handed her the clothes. She quickly slipped it on and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly and she pushed me back and shoved me. "I may love you but you're still an asshole" she laughed lightly. "You'll understand in a little bit as to why I did it. I didn't want to hurt you like that" I said pulling her in another hug and she held onto me tighter. Once we emerged from behind the tree Cassie jumped on my back making both of us laugh. Once we got to Emily's we all sat down and Sam started explaining everything. "Cassandra have you ever heard the legends before" Sam asks. She nods and cringed as he used her full name which no on really ever uses and it looked like she wanted to say something about it but she didn't. "Well they are true as you can see. We have shifts so you will be taking some during the day since Charlie probably won't like you sneaking out of the house at night. I'll talk to your dad about moving you down here to school at the reservation and you can spend the night here anytime you want. There is one big thing that you can't do though. You can't talk to Jacob or Quil. Not unless they become one of us but we don't know if or when they will" Sam said looking at her. "So you're telling me that I can't talk to my best friends anymore" she said and you could hear the anger in her voice. "Well guess what Uley you don't tell me what to do-" she said but Jared cut her off. "Actually he kind of does" he said looking over at her. "Well I don't care he's not going to boss me around and tell me to stop hanging out with 2 out of 3 of my best friends and if you think that your little Alpha command is going to work think again because I am not going to leave my best friends" she said standing up and started walking toward the door angrily. "Cassandra get back here NOW" Sam said in his Alpha voice. (Is that what it's called? It doesn't sound right but I guess I'll just stick with that sorry if it doesn't make any sense) Cassie stopped in her tracks and it looked like she was trying to fight it. "N-no" she said taking a while to get to the door as she tried and fight the Alpha command. "Cassandra now" Sam said his Alpha command dripping through each word. Cassie gripped the handle of the door and her knees buckled making it look as if she was going to fall. "Cassie you can't fight the Alpha command for long" Paul said getting one of Emily's muffin eating it. "Watch me Lahote" she said leaving the house. "I bet you 10 bucks she comes back" Paul said looking over at Jared. Jared smirked agreeing to the bet and they shook hands. I shook my head at them being their stupid selves. Paul won against Jared in another bet saying that I was going to be the next one to faze and that one was 50 bucks. We all had a bet now, my money was that Jake was going to turn next and Jared and Paul thought Quil would be next. The bet was $50 and I'd either win 100 or lose 100. We for some reason loved making bets even though all of us could barely even pay when we lost when it was anything over $50. We all sat around eating like normal for about an hour and we heard the door slam open and Cassie came into the kitchen glaring at Sam sitting next to me grabbing the muffin I was eating and started eating it. "Hey that was mine" I complained as I was too lazy to get up and get another one. "Well that's too bad" she said and stuck her tongue out. Jared cursed silently under his breath and was about to hand Paul the money but Cassie grabbed it. "Oh so you guys bet on me?" she said shoving the money in her back pocket. Paul was about to grab it but she hit his hand. "No this" she said holding up the money. "is mine" she glared at both Paul and Jared. "Like I said before you left you can't fight the Alfa command for long" Paul said smirking at Cassie. "I didn't come back because of the Alpha command I came back because I wanted to" Cassie grumbled getting up turning toward Paul. She went and got another muffin throwing it at me. "Thanks Cass" I said taking a bite out of it. Emily made the best muffins! "Stop lying to yourself Cassie. You came back because of the Alpha command not because you wanted to" Paul said getting up. "I came back because I wanted to" she protested and it looked like she was getting angry at this point. "Sure you did" Paul said grabbing Cassie pulling her toward him.

Cassie's Pov

"Sure you did" Paul said walking over to me. He suddenly pulled me toward him and I yelped in surprise. I gasped as I felt his hands slip into my back pocket and felt chills run down my spine. He pulled his hands back and held the ten bucks. "Thanks for this, and nice ass" he said and winked. Suddenly I was pulled behind Embry and I could feel him shaking. "Paul what the hell she's only 15 you are not going to be doing anything that you usually do" Embry said glaring at Paul. "That depends on what she wants Embry, not what you tell her to do" Paul said smirking winking at me. I gripped onto Embry looking at Paul with a glare. "You won't be doing anything what so ever Paul. She is way too young" Sam said coming over and kissing someone I hadn't seen before. "Who's that Embry's Imprint?" the girl said and I got confused. "What's an imprint?" I asked looking at everyone. "No she's a new member of the pack" Sam said totally avoiding my question. "Wow it's the first girl" she said going over to the kitchen. "Why hasn't anyone answered my question?" I asked. Everyone looked at me and then at each other. Suddenly my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey Cassie we haven't heard from you since you ran off today are you okay?" I heard Jacob ask. "No yeah I'm fine don't worry about me" I said through the phone. "Who are you talking to?" Paul said being the nosy guy he is. "Who was that?" Jacob asked from the other line. "Hold on Jacob" I said as sweet as I could and put it on mute so he couldn't hear what I was saying. I grabbed a pillow from the couch and went over to Paul. "Shut. Up. I'm. On. The. Phone." I said hitting him between each word. He smirked and I glared at him telling him to be quiet. I took the phone off mute and put up to my ear. "Sorry Jacob, um I'm okay" I said. "Okay. Do you want to hang out with Quil and I later at my place?" Jacob asked. "Uh ya su-" I started but was cut off by Paul pulling me toward him. "Hey earlier was fun" he said and my eyes widened. "Is that Paul?" Jacob asked. Oh god what was Paul getting me into. "Uh no?" I said. Well more like asked and I pushed Paul off of me. "Go to my room when you're done on the phone." Paul said and I glared at him. I got a pillow and threw it at him giving him the finger. "Cassie if you're going to start hanging out with Sam's stupid cult then Quil and I don't want to hang out with you. You're such a hyprocrite. Go hang out with your new friends." He said angrily and hung up the phone. I walked over to Paul glaring at him. "What the hell was that!" I said and started shaking. "I did it for your own good Cassie. You don't want to hurt them" he said smirking at me. He probably couldn't care less. He's just doing it to get on my nerves. "It wasn't your place to tell him anything" I said glaring at him. "Well... my offer still stands for us having fun" he winked and was about to turn around but was stopped by me slapping him in the face. He looked at me and by this point both of us were glaring at each other and shaking. "Not in the house" the girl who I found out was Emily. Sam basically shoved us outside and as soon as both of us were on the ground outside both Paul and I phased and I charged at him. Yes I was new to this so obviously Paul was basically killing me. Sam eventually broke us up and I looked at my fur and the white fur was now covered in blood and Paul was barely even bleeding. I barked at Paul and trotted over to him. I growled at him slightly before going and phasing back luckily finding a shirt. I grumbled and walked back into the house. "Cassandra you're staying here tonight" Sam said and I nodded and cringed at him calling me by my actual name. I sat next to Embry as he was still eating a muffin and I smirked taking a bite out of it while it was in his hand. I rested my head on Embry's shoulder and just thought how my whole day just went down hill.