TWELVE

BAEKHYUN
Mature Chapter.

Headache.

I could feel it coming.

"Rest assured that we would become more than a company partner." One investor shook hands with me and left the board room.

Just in time, Chen and the marketing team entered and settled in for their presentation. My mind was wandering to Haneul. I wanted to finish all of my meetings for today so that I could go to the hospital with her.

I didn't notice that Chen had finished presenting and he called for my attention. "What do you think, Mr. Byun?"

My eyes focused on the folder in front of me. I signed it and dismissed the team. It was Chen's team, I'm not going to fail with them. I handed the folder back to Chen and he smirked.

"You're eager to finish this meeting, Mr. Byun."

I scoffed at his tone. "I needed to go with Haneul for her appointment today. I didn't want to see Suho going with her again."

Chen chuckled and went outside the room. I fixed my coat and stood from the chair. When I opened the door, my secretary was with a girl.

"Sorry, Mr. Byun. Mr. Bang's daughter wanted you for a company tour."

"But I really need to go, Ms. Ahn." I looked at my secretary with pleading eyes.

The girl interrupted us. "I insist that you tour me around. It's for the partnership between our companies, Baekhyun-ssi."

I dismissed my secretary and walked ahead. The girl followed me and I began talking. She seemed eager with the company information and I noticed that she kept on glancing at me.

I ignored her and continued talking. I brought her to the different rooms until we reached the ground floor. I was mentioning the different paintings on the lobby when I saw her talking. I didn't listen and continued with the tour.

After the talk, I faced her and let out a deep breath. "I hope you listened while I talked. I wouldn't repeat everything."

She nodded and asked, "Did you see Park Chanyeol and that woman a while ago?"

I looked around and there was no one. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her. "What are you talking about?"

"I saw Park Chanyeol with a pregnant woman." She fixed her hair and puckered her lips. "Didn't know that Park-ssi will stoop that low to impregnate a normal girl."

I glared at her. "You have no right to judge right away. Go and tell your father that my company doesn't need your investment." I turned my back on her and she stomped her feet while walking away.

I looked for Haneul. She wasn't around again. I guess she went alone to her appointment. But please don't tell me that she was with Park Chanyeol.

I walked back to my elevator when my mobile phone rang. It was an unknown number but I have a feeling that this was an important call.

"Hello."

"Byun."

That voice. It was Park Chanyeol's voice.