TEN

BAEKHYUN

bzzzt! bzzzt!

I opened my eyes and got up. I'm still sleepy but I needed to wake up earlier than Haneul. I scratched the back of my head to push away the sleepiness.

I went inside my bathroom and washed my face. I brushed my teeth and looked at myself for one more time. I combed my hair with my fingers and headed outside to the kitchen.

I made my way to the kitchen slowly to avoid waking up Haneul, who's still sleeping in her room. Even with the littlest sound, she would already open her eyes and it's hard to make her fall asleep again.

Mrs. Choi was already there and she bowed when she saw me. "Why were you up so early, young master?"

I smiled and looked at the fridge. "I needed to wake up earlier than Haneul. Please prepare the breakfast, Mrs. Choi. I'll wake up Haneul in a while."

I went upstairs and entered Haneul's room quietly. She was still sleeping and I've decided to go closer. I sat on her bed and stared at her sleeping face. She looked very serene and beautiful. Her hands were around the baby bump, wrapping it securely like she was protecting it while she's asleep.

My heart warmed at the sight. She really cared about the well-being of the child like her own. I leaned closer and swept the hair that's covering her face.

Thump. Thump.

I clutched my chest as I continued to observe her. She wasn't my type, just an average girl. But when I took notice of her, my heart felt warm. She was very responsible and that's a plus. Despite the fact that she was impregnated by accident, she had decided to push through and be responsible with everything. She didn't take advantage of the situation and that's what I really like about her.

It made me worry that after all of this, she would be alone again. Maybe it's because of the bond the baby created, but I didn't want to part with her. Was this being selfish? I'm feeling something more and I needed to confirm that first.

She snuggled up in my arm and I chuckled with the action. I've decided to wrap her in my arms and smelled her. I sounded like a creep but her scent was something that's calming me. Her light vanilla scented skin and rose shampoo calmed my senses.

I looked at her pale lips and smiled. Her lips looked inviting and I leaned down. But before my lips touched hers, her eyes fluttered open. I backed out and she covered her mouth in response.

"I-I'm sorry."

She was silent. The blanket was covering her up to her mouth and it was really a cute sight. She looked at me and began talking. "B-Baekhyun-ssi! I still have morning breath, what were you doing here?"

I pinched her cheeks and she scrunched her eyebrows, "I was just checking up on you." I helped her get up and supported her back. "Was your ankle already fine?"

She nodded and smiled at me. "Yes, it was just a slight swelling and it went away after you aided it."

"Good." I said in relief. "Go ahead and brush your teeth. We're going to eat breakfast downstairs." She was still looking at me and I smirked. "Why? Did you want oppa to brush your teeth for you?"